PDA

View Full Version : Influenza B bloze.

Kosher
12-27-2012, 05:25 PM
Regretting procrastinating on that flu shot. Went to the urgent care expecting antibiotics for a sinus infection and left with a positive Influenza B test.

:zowned:

Now I wont be leaving tomorrow with the family for our annual up north for new years with friends. I hope I can join them on Sunday.

THIS SUCKS!

Bagger Dave
12-27-2012, 05:30 PM
Suckola! hope ya feel better Kosh...make sure ya get plenty of rest

Mad Dog
12-27-2012, 05:32 PM
Sucks for sure. Hope you recover soon. Been there.........

leebo
12-27-2012, 06:41 PM
yikes hope you get better fast!

Gas Man
12-28-2012, 12:41 AM
It's the flu... get lots of sleep, take pills for symptoms and you'll be fine...

Moesride
12-28-2012, 07:13 PM
Sucks Kosher.........hope you get better soon!

Kosher
12-28-2012, 08:00 PM
Sucks Kosher.........hope you get better soon!

Thanks - well, I'm a new man today. My wife speculates I got a false positive flu test, which is very common early in the flu season, apparently. I think she's right. The reason I snapped back is likely the antibiotics they gave me for what the doc also suspected was a sinus infection. But I dont think you bounce back like this in 1 day from the flu.

Mad Dog
12-28-2012, 08:30 PM
Great to hear. Yeah, must have been something else.

Gas Man
12-29-2012, 06:25 AM
I wish I bounced back in one day. I've got a cold and then I was up from 0699 Thursday till about 0100 Saturday. Due to work. That seriously f'ed me up with having a cold. I was progressing well thru the cold but that put me back for sure.

Kosher
12-29-2012, 06:32 AM
I wish I bounced back in one day. I've got a cold and then I was up from 0699 Thursday till about 0100 Saturday. Due to work. That seriously f'ed me up with having a cold. I was progressing well thru the cold but that put me back for sure.

I guess you cant call in sick? Man, thats not good!

Gas Man
12-29-2012, 01:23 PM
Not really. I have never called in sick in 14 years. I even went after being in the hospital for kidney stones. May still have been under the influence of the morphine.

detdrbuzzard
12-30-2012, 08:29 PM
i'll take you cold or flu any day over the allergic reaction i'm having to eating onions last wed. i can't go outside my skin not only itches but it burns and going outside only makes it worse. my knees and elbows are cramping up but i've got to get to the doctor and get something to releive the itching and cramping and will probally be stuck taking a perscribtion for the next 6 months minimum

Moesride
12-30-2012, 08:50 PM
Damn buzz.......sorry to hear that! Last I remember you telling me at the cook off you were allergic to onions. How'd you end up eating them? Regardless, hope you get well soon!

Gas Man
12-30-2012, 10:00 PM
i'll take you cold or flu any day over the allergic reaction i'm having to eating onions last wed. i can't go outside my skin not only itches but it burns and going outside only makes it worse. my knees and elbows are cramping up but i've got to get to the doctor and get something to releive the itching and cramping and will probally be stuck taking a perscribtion for the next 6 months minimum

How did you end up eating onions? I thought you were super awesome at avoiding them!

detdrbuzzard
01-02-2013, 07:30 AM
mom made green beans ( part of christmas dinner ) and seasoned them with potatoes and onions. i didn't see any onions and ate some before realizing there were onions in it. i'm still suffering the after affects today

Mudpuppy
01-02-2013, 04:19 PM
fuck the flu shot. I have only had the flu 1 time in the past 15 years and it was the fucking year I got the damn flu shot and I almost died. Fuck that shit. Haven't got the shot since and haven't had the flu since either. It is just a broad spectrum shot so chances are you will get the flu anyways. It doesn't cover all strains. And I am not a human guinea pig. Also I don't trust doctors or the government or any of that shit they try to spoon feed us.

Gas Man
01-02-2013, 11:19 PM
mom made green beans ( part of christmas dinner ) and seasoned them with potatoes and onions. i didn't see any onions and ate some before realizing there were onions in it. i'm still suffering the after affects today

MOM?!? Doesn't she know?!????

fuck the flu shot. I have only had the flu 1 time in the past 15 years and it was the fucking year I got the damn flu shot and I almost died. Fuck that shit. Haven't got the shot since and haven't had the flu since either. It is just a broad spectrum shot so chances are you will get the flu anyways. It doesn't cover all strains. And I am not a human guinea pig. Also I don't trust doctors or the government or any of that shit they try to spoon feed us.

I'm with ya man. But I learned from others mistakes... I have never gotten the flu shot and never will.

Mudpuppy
01-03-2013, 01:40 PM
well I was kind of forced at the time. our company offered it and the owner said everyone better get it or he wouldn't pay sick time. I didn't want to be the jackass who got sick that didn't get it. So I got it and then got sick. At first he was bitching see I told you that you should have got the shot - then his jaw dropped when I said the shot is what got me sick motherfucker.

detdrbuzzard
01-06-2013, 08:37 AM
i got sick after getting a ful shot a couple years ago
the effects of the onions have passed, no more washing up with hydrogen peroxide, i can shower now

Gas Man
01-06-2013, 11:45 AM
WOW buzz.... that's insane!!

detdrbuzzard
01-07-2013, 07:13 AM
WOW buzz.... that's insane!!

still on meds though

Gas Man
01-07-2013, 08:55 AM
Even more insane man... I don't know how you do it!