PDA

View Full Version : Do you associate with any group?

Gas Man
12-18-2012, 08:25 AM
I have been down the road with groups. Back in the day I started a sportbike club and rode then with many other clubs.

Now in the cruiser world, I have rode with and have been asked to join various clubs. However, I prefer to not confine myself or tie myself to anything like that. Kinda been there done that.

I won't even associate too much with the HOG guys...

What say you?

Bagger Dave
12-18-2012, 09:20 AM
I usually ride by myself or with friends.....never really wanted to be tied to any type of group...nothing against them...I like to have good rides with good friends...and good food and drinks:cheers::rockwoot:

RedneckMedic
12-18-2012, 01:48 PM
Theres a couple clubs i support and hang around with. The only thing really stopping me from joing at this time is time haha. But you never no what might happen in the future. But i do consider the guys i ride with regularly from this site my "biker family" and we have had some great times with many more to come and im for sure looking forward to Dover '13!

Kosher
12-18-2012, 02:03 PM
LOL, my wife thinks I'm a "Long" wolf.

Mudpuppy
12-18-2012, 02:07 PM
LOL, my wife thinks I'm a "Long" wolf.

winner winner chicken dinner.. my wife also likes my long wolf every now and again.. and I am more than happy to give it all to her..

horrorbusiness
12-18-2012, 02:45 PM
I have a friend in a club. I got to one party a year and it reminds me why I have zero interest in them.

sprink
12-18-2012, 03:18 PM
I'm not cool enough for a club, so I joined here, LOL.

I ride by myself and with a small group of friends.

Been to a couple out of town gatherings with folks from the XL Forum, a sportster/buell forum. Nice to ride in a group of 20-30 sportsters, but more fun hanging around after.

Mudpuppy
12-18-2012, 03:19 PM
the island of misfit toys - twm..

bombdog
12-18-2012, 04:31 PM
Not any clubs but I do ride with the MI Masonic Motorcycle Association.

Mad Dog
12-18-2012, 04:50 PM
No clubs.
I do ride with The Patriot Guard Riders.
This is out of duty and respect.
I ride with freinds , wife and by myself at times.

detdrbuzzard
12-18-2012, 05:38 PM
i am a founding member of the m/c club i'm in though i'm usually out riding by myself or with my niece ( lisa aka bettyboop ). there are a few of my club brothers that will join me for a ride. next year i plan on taking more rides with the TWM crew

Moesride
12-18-2012, 05:48 PM
I usually ride alone or with my doucher BIL or friends. But I'll ride with anyone really. Iv'e never had a desire to be part of any clubs though.

leebo
12-18-2012, 07:05 PM
When i was young i thought about,but between work and family just didnt have time,but always had a bud i could ride with,always liked hangin with bikers i tend to piss off everybody else.

Gas Man
12-18-2012, 09:10 PM
Yeah I'm with ya guys... want to do many more rides next year with this group.

Bagger Dave
12-18-2012, 09:12 PM
Yeah I'm with ya guys... want to do many more rides next year with this group.
yep yep! X2!

Nobody
12-18-2012, 10:01 PM
I have a few friends in several non HOG based clubs, that I'll ride with now and then, and attend their club parties if invited. But as a good friend once told me "You're too much of your own person to function in a club for more than a wee while. You don't run with scissors mate, you dance around in a suit covered in them while sing bloody awfully off key.."

toby
12-19-2012, 11:50 AM
used to be in a club at one time but i leave at that .

Caveman
01-11-2013, 08:31 AM
no need for "Clubs" but I like small groups with similar interests and riding styles. Not a fan of being "owned" by a club. I have a family member in the Highwaymen and thats about as close to a MC as I would like to be. I must say though when the wife was watching Grey's Anatomy last night and an MC came in to the hospital one of them said, "Once you get out of that cage, and feel the freedom on a bike, you will be a rider forever and will never wanna go back. You would leave everything behind, the job, family, everything to keep riding." Wife asked if that was true and I said, "hell yeah." once you start riding, it's usually a lifelong passion, for most.

Moesride
01-11-2013, 07:44 PM
Agreed cave with the exception of leaving everything behind, job, family.......fuck that! My wifes dad was also part of the Highway men. Dead now. To each there own, just not for me.

BikerGeoff
01-13-2013, 09:47 PM
I belong to a M/C, I love my club and riding with my Bros. That said, I also love to get out with other friends and family that ride as well. It's all about the journey. I hope to meet more of the members here on TWM and do some riding this coming season.

Bob
01-16-2013, 03:54 PM
I was thinking of joining SAMCRO because I see so many people with their t-shirts on. HAHAHAHA

I was at a gun show this weekend at the good ole trade center and there was this bike club there. They where some goofy looking honky sob's and the way their vest looked it reminded me of some old compact car club that'd you used to see where they all drove Cavaliers with huge wings and decals all over. They really made me laugh for some reason. If you can go to Gibraltar Trade Center and stand out in a bad way like these guys did then you know it must of been bad.

Gas Man
01-16-2013, 05:15 PM
Should have taken a pic!

Mudpuppy
01-25-2013, 10:36 AM
I was thinking of joining SAMCRO because I see so many people with their t-shirts on. HAHAHAHA

I was at a gun show this weekend at the good ole trade center and there was this bike club there. They where some goofy looking honky sob's and the way their vest looked it reminded me of some old compact car club that'd you used to see where they all drove Cavaliers with huge wings and decals all over. They really made me laugh for some reason. If you can go to Gibraltar Trade Center and stand out in a bad way like these guys did then you know it must of been bad.

can we call you jax?