PDA

View Full Version : Do you ride in the rain?

Gas Man
12-18-2012, 08:21 AM
Some do all the time because they are honey badgers.

Some don't because they fear the slipage.

Some do because they always have a cloud over their head.

Some don't because they don't want to dirty their bike.

Some have been in many of the catagories above...

What say you?

Bagger Dave
12-18-2012, 09:25 AM
I remember getting caught in that fucked up storm back in Aug of 08 with Gas Man...Big House...and a few other people...what a day that was:lmao:
when I had the Chop...I would try to avoid riding in the rain...but have got caught in it before...

Now that I have the Ultra...I don't worry about getting caught in the rain like I did with the Chop...but if its pouring outside...I wouldn't pull the bike out in it just to go for a ride...

Nobody
12-18-2012, 01:26 PM
If I'm taking a trip I'll ride out even if it's raining. Else wise if I'm just kicking around town I won't bother getting the bike out since rain + shitty SEMich drivers = bad combo to be dodging.

RedneckMedic
12-18-2012, 01:43 PM
The rain only tops me if im going to leave and its pouring. Unless im planning to be at an out door event like the chili cook off. Probably the only time i didnt ride due to a forecast of rain but then it barely rained on the way home so i was upset and also got showed up by my grandpa because he rode and i didnt.

Mudpuppy
12-18-2012, 02:11 PM
if you ride in michigan you have to ride in the rain or you just don't ride (at least not that often)..

horrorbusiness
12-18-2012, 02:43 PM
I avoid it. There have been times when the bike was my only transportation.

sprink
12-18-2012, 03:23 PM
I will ride in the rain if I have to. Won't head out 'just to ride' in the rain, so I would cancel a ride, but not a trip.

bombdog
12-18-2012, 04:19 PM
I dont mind riding in the rain but I must say sleet in a half helmet really sucks not to mention really hurts......

Mad Dog
12-18-2012, 04:53 PM
Rain never stopped me.
Unless its like the guy I saw today.
It is 38 degrees and pouring rain and this guy is riding.

Moesride
12-18-2012, 06:02 PM
If I'm leaving the house and it's raining I usually won't ride. If I'm away from home I'll ride regardless in the rain, don't give to shits!

Trainguy
12-18-2012, 06:36 PM
I won't even go if it's cloudy:lmao:

Bagger Dave
12-18-2012, 06:48 PM
I won't even go if it's cloudy:lmao:
I have rode with Train before :rockwoot:as clean as he keeps his scoot, he won't let anyone fart next to it! :lmao::rofl::shrug:

leebo
12-18-2012, 07:06 PM
Hate it,will if i have to tho.

Kosher
12-18-2012, 08:49 PM
I prefer not to but if I'm on a trip I just suit up. Rode tunnel of trees for the first time in a biblical thunderstorm, that was an experience. Macinac bridge in 45 degree windy rain is also an interesting experience.

Uma
12-18-2012, 09:09 PM
I hate riding in the rain...I'll only do it if I'm out an the bike is my only way home.
BTW, if you get caught in the rain, WATERPROOF mascara is a must. Otherwise you look like a KISS member wanna be and it gets all over the inside of your sunglasses. Epic fail. :lol:

Gas Man
12-18-2012, 09:14 PM
I remember getting caught in that fucked up storm back in Aug of 08 with Gas Man...Big House...and a few other people...what a day that was:lmao:
when I had the Chop...I would try to avoid riding in the rain...but have got caught in it before...

Now that I have the Ultra...I don't worry about getting caught in the rain like I did with the Chop...but if its pouring outside...I wouldn't pull the bike out in it just to go for a ride...

I remember that... pouring water out of my boots when we got home!

If I'm taking a trip I'll ride out even if it's raining. Else wise if I'm just kicking around town I won't bother getting the bike out since rain + shitty SEMich drivers = bad combo to be dodging.

I'm the same way... if it's a trip, oh well.. off I go. But just a round the time ride... nah...

if you ride in michigan you have to ride in the rain or you just don't ride (at least not that often)..

So true.

I prefer not to but if I'm on a trip I just suit up. Rode tunnel of trees for the first time in a biblical thunderstorm, that was an experience. Macinac bridge in 45 degree windy rain is also an interesting experience.

Got to love stories like that... not during the event but afterwards.

I hate riding in the rain...I'll only do it if I'm out an the bike is my only way home.
BTW, if you get caught in the rain, WATERPROOF mascara is a must. Otherwise you look like a KISS member wanna be and it gets all over the inside of your sunglasses. Epic fail. :lol:

:rofl:

Bagger Dave
12-18-2012, 09:22 PM
I remember that... pouring water out of my boots when we got home!

yep yep! :lmao: me too!
Uma even did my laundry for me!:D

Gas Man
12-18-2012, 09:23 PM
yep yep! :lmao: me too!
Uma even did my laundry for me!:D

Reason #24

Nobody
12-18-2012, 09:45 PM
BTW, if you get caught in the rain, WATERPROOF mascara is a must. Otherwise you look like a KISS member wanna be...

I don't see a problem there :)

horrorbusiness
12-19-2012, 07:56 AM

The part I hate about riding in the rain is red lights. You know all the people warm and dry in the cars are laughing at you while you sit in the rain.

Gas Man
12-19-2012, 08:11 AM
The part I hate about riding in the rain is red lights. You know all the people warm and dry in the cars are laughing at you while you sit in the rain.

:lol: So true!!! Hell I think that is like that when riding down the road too... if it's raining hard!

RedneckMedic
12-19-2012, 10:51 AM
The rain totally wouldnt bother me at all if my glasses didn't fog up so damn much with my face covered. The whole getting wet part I'm ok with im not going to melt but I pull my buff over my face to stop the sting then it starts to fog up and then I get irritated!!! LANCE TURN GREEN LANCE SMASH!!!!:biggun::vs:

Mad Dog
12-19-2012, 10:55 AM
A little trick I use is to wax my glasses inside and out.
Helps keep them from fogging and the water beads up and rolls right off.
Any car wax will work fine and will not harm the lenses.
Try it.

Gas Man
12-19-2012, 11:46 AM
Lance don't go into green rage!!

erldawg
12-19-2012, 08:14 PM
Only when I ride with Mad Dog :lmao:

Mad Dog
12-19-2012, 08:23 PM
I am The Rain Man!

Moesride
12-19-2012, 08:33 PM
The rain totally wouldnt bother me at all if my glasses didn't fog up so damn much with my face covered. The whole getting wet part I'm ok with im not going to melt but I pull my buff over my face to stop the sting then it starts to fog up and then I get irritated!!! LANCE TURN GREEN LANCE SMASH!!!!:biggun::vs: http://www.blazeantifog.com/featured/wax.html I have the same problem Lance when the buff goes over my face /nose. Check this product out, same thing MD mentioned really. I bought this at the bike show last year and forgot I had it. Been using it the last couple months. No more foggin up. Works great.

RedneckMedic
12-20-2012, 12:39 AM
I have the same stuff but doesnt work as well as i had hoped i got it at ims last year

Mad Dog
12-20-2012, 10:04 AM
Use any car wax guys. You already have it and it works as well as anything else.
Nothing is a cure all but every little bit helps.
I have my biggest problem sitting at a light with the engine steam rising up.

BikerGeoff
01-15-2013, 04:06 AM
I won't usually leave in the rain, unless i have a trip planned, or a mandatory run. That said, If there's rain in the forcast for later, and i think I'll be on my way home, well, just gotta get out and ride. Bring the raingear and let it rain!

Gas Man
01-15-2013, 09:01 AM
I won't usually leave in the rain, unless i have a trip planned, or a mandatory run. That said, If there's rain in the forcast for later, and i think I'll be on my way home, well, just gotta get out and ride. Bring the raingear and let it rain!

Good POV.

SportstersPaul
01-15-2013, 03:48 PM
Rain riding takes a little different mind set, and confidence in your skills. But like learning to ride your first bicycle or skating, you have to do it. The more you do it the more your skills develop and the better you handle it. It's not for everybody, but you do need to try it if only for the fact that you could be away from home base and have to decide to spend the night, or more, waiting a storm out, or continuing home finishing your ride. Our I.B.A. Saddlesore in 2008 saw us depart Port Huron in the rain running clockwise around Lakes Erie and Ontario, catching 1/4" hail the other side of Toronto, and finally hitting sunshine 900 miles later approaching Toledo. You can do it, caution is the key.

Gas Man
01-15-2013, 09:06 PM
So true and great wisdom Paul!