PDA

View Full Version : What's the hottest temp you've ever rode in?

Gas Man
12-01-2012, 10:19 AM
For me it would probably be a 100* day rolling out to Penn down the turnpike. It was one of those high humidity days and the turnpike was blistering hot. It was killing me, caveman and the wives.

Gas Man
12-01-2012, 10:49 AM
I have rode in some hot temps over 100* but it's rare and I don't like it. So that is the hottest range. however, I typically won't ride much in the above 93*'ish range.

Caveman
12-01-2012, 10:53 AM
For me it would probably be a 100* day rolling out to Penn down the turnpike. It was one of those high humidity days and the turnpike was blistering hot. It was killing me, caveman and the wives.

Yeah, I remember that day. Not to mention the nice fresh clean black asphalt just putting some heat out baking us from the bottom while the sun cooked us from above. However, when I was in TX I remember a couple days when I first started riding that reached about 110+. Didn't stay on the road long, needless to say.

Gas Man
12-01-2012, 11:38 AM
Didn't TX at least give you less humidity? Or no?

Caveman
12-01-2012, 12:20 PM
It would depend on what part of Tx you were in. West Tx is a little dryer but where I rode to and from the base at in Central Tx pretty much the rest of the way east is all fairly green and more humid as you go.

horrorbusiness
12-01-2012, 12:25 PM
I rode daily from march to October one year. I got soaked to socks more time than I can remember. There were days in July that were so hot I wanted to put the kick stand down and step off the damm bike at traffic signals. I try to avoid anything over 90, its just not fun, even on days like today when I think about missed rides. I've seen 3-5 bikes out already today, 2 are sitting on the bar parking lot by the house.

detdrbuzzard
12-01-2012, 05:51 PM
back in the late '80's we had just about a week of 100* weather. i was living in the medical center by receiving hostpital at the time and rode out to p&p cycle on ford rd. my clutch cable broke just as i made the left into the parking lot. wouldn't you know they didn't have a clutch cable to fit my "75 cb750. rosenau was still on michigan and john daily, i walked there and back to p&p with a clutch cable boy was it hot at 102* this summer i rode to ft. wayne to wing ding 34 it was 96* when i left home 102* when i got to ohio and 104 when i finally made it to ft. wayne

Mad Dog
12-01-2012, 05:56 PM
Rode the Blue Ridge 3 years ago June. They were having a heat wave. 90's on the parkway and 105 down below.
My riding bud (not Earl) left and came home the morning of the second day. I ventured onward by myself.
Left Mt Pisgah at 6am to ride home it was already 80 degrees. My first fuel was at 9am and the temp was mid 90's.
12noon lunch was about 106 and when I rolled thru Pittsburgh at about 4:30pm it was still 97 degrees.
Got home about 7pm and after 780 miles and gallons of water I was whiped out.
Not a cloud in the sky all day long. Spent the entire next day inside with the shades drawn and got drunk.

Gas Man
12-01-2012, 08:28 PM
Rode the Blue Ridge 3 years ago June. They were having a heat wave. 90's on the parkway and 105 down below.
My riding bud (not Earl) left and came home the morning of the second day. I ventured onward by myself.
Left Mt Pisgah at 6am to ride home it was already 80 degrees. My first fuel was at 9am and the temp was mid 90's.
12noon lunch was about 106 and when I rolled thru Pittsburgh at about 4:30pm it was still 97 degrees.
Got home about 7pm and after 780 miles and gallons of water I was whiped out.
Not a cloud in the sky all day long. Spent the entire next day inside with the shades drawn and got drunk.

Great story!!! :lol:

Nobody
12-01-2012, 10:37 PM
100+ range. I was down in Illinois this summer back when it got hot enough in spors to make the roads buckle from thermal expansion. I learned my lesson, if it's even mildly humid I won't crawl out from under my rock if it gets over 85/90 if I can avoid it. Just too damn miserable at that point.

horrorbusiness
12-01-2012, 10:41 PM
back in the late '80's we had just about a week of 100* weather. i was living in the medical center by receiving hostpital at the time and rode out to p&p cycle on ford rd. my clutch cable broke just as i made the left into the parking lot. wouldn't you know they didn't have a clutch cable to fit my "75 cb750. rosenau was still on michigan and john daily, i walked there and back to p&p with a clutch cable boy was it hot at 102* this summer i rode to ft. wayne to wing ding 34 it was 96* when i left home 102* when i got to ohio and 104 when i finally made it to ft. wayne

My father does hvac work, he did all the maintenance work at medical centre village,odds are good I may have been in your apartment.

Gas Man
12-01-2012, 11:15 PM
My father does hvac work, he did all the maintenance work at medical centre village,odds are good I may have been in your apartment.

The last half of that sentence is just all bad if taken out of context.

Nobody
12-02-2012, 08:33 PM
The last half of that sentence is just all bad if taken out of context.

Yeah, he left of the part that adds context " .. , taking pictures of you sleeping."

DK Custom
12-03-2012, 05:09 PM
110*+ this last summer going thru Mojave desert.

Down here in NW Mississippi we have weeks straight where it does not get below 100* during the day.

Gas Man
12-03-2012, 07:07 PM
Screw that... doesn't sound good.

SportstersPaul
12-07-2012, 01:20 AM
105 crossing New York on the way to the start of the New England MotoMarathon 2010. 115 running across the desert in Arizona during "Bike Week", 2004. Not much humidity but sure did feel sleepy at 85 m.p.h.

Gas Man
12-08-2012, 02:01 PM
Heat will put ya to sleep for sure... kinda like grandma's house when you were a kid.