PDA

View Full Version : I just ordered $1200 of Biketronics equipment

Kosher
11-26-2012, 07:21 PM
Amp, Titan II speakers for the front, Hogtunes speakers for the back (they will fit without hassle and I can amp them, didnt want to go overboard on the back because the tour pack wont be on very much), Sony DSX-MS60 marine head unit, "retro radio" kit so that I can keep the handlebar control functionality.

Gas, I'm going to need your help big time.

RedneckMedic
11-26-2012, 07:29 PM
I did the speakers on mine even though I didn't do an amp it was easy and took about 30 min. I imagine your hardest thing is going to be putting the fairing back on at least it was for me but the more I do it the easier it gets.

horrorbusiness
11-26-2012, 09:06 PM
That roller rink looks familiar, maybe I see you up and down 59.

Gas Man
11-26-2012, 11:28 PM
Kosher... we can do it friend!!

Kosher
11-28-2012, 09:53 AM
Kosher... we can do it friend!!

OK, I'm all in. Question: Is there a need to remove the inner fairing for installs like this, or just outer?

RedneckMedic
11-28-2012, 11:54 AM
OK, I'm all in. Question: Is there a need to remove the inner fairing for installs like this, or just outer?

Just the outer I'm pretty sure. Never tried getting the head unit out before but audio is next winters project.

Kosher
11-28-2012, 01:50 PM
Just the outer I'm pretty sure. Never tried getting the head unit out before but audio is next winters project.

I watched a Youtube video of removing the outer fairing, looks pretty simple. I guess the trick in getting it back on is getting it to catch on the hooks.

RedneckMedic
11-28-2012, 01:51 PM
I watched a Youtube video of removing the outer fairing, looks pretty simple. I guess the trick in getting it back on is getting it to catch on the hooks.
yep yep

Gas Man
11-28-2012, 11:35 PM
Yep, just the outer. It's all the same one way or the other.

Caveman
12-01-2012, 01:42 PM
Yep, just the outer. It's all the same one way or the other.

Yep the radios go in through the inner fairing and have little snap hooks that need to be released for removal from inside the front of the fairing. Actually pretty easy job. Two little bolts on either side and the little tabs in the frame and of course disconnect the wiring.

Gas Man
12-01-2012, 08:30 PM
Yep the radios go in through the inner fairing and have little snap hooks that need to be released for removal from inside the front of the fairing. Actually pretty easy job. Two little bolts on either side and the little tabs in the frame and of course disconnect the wiring.

Remember though Cave... he's talking Road Glide not Electra Glide.

Caveman
12-04-2012, 08:49 AM
Remember though Cave... he's talking Road Glide not Electra Glide.

Radios mount the same in all the fairings

Kosher
12-04-2012, 09:07 AM
Hey Chris - think we can tackle this when we do the audio? Remember the detach kit will be on by then:

http://www.ridetimetechnology.com/flashr.htm

Gas Man
12-04-2012, 10:20 AM
Looks plug n play. I would think that would have to be wired under the seat. Something has to jump the blinker hot into that module that is jumped into the tourpack wiring. But looks easy enough.

Caveman
12-04-2012, 11:58 AM
If you guys need some help with that, I'm down. Just let me know when, and I know the where will be close to where I'm at. haha