PDA

View Full Version : Share crash stories if any?

Twisted
02-14-2009, 07:14 PM
Kinda wondering who has been involved in any accidents? I think Berto, you were, if I read correctly, about how glad you wore a full faced helmet? What happened?
I was in one late last summer with another biker, punk kid turned right into me with no warning what so ever. Bike got totalled, my knee is pretty scarred up, and my back still smarts sometimes. And when a girl in a car slid into me after that, I was extremely lucky also. I was waiting to turn left, and she ended up just tapping my bike, it just fell over.. No major damage with that one, but the thought of "what if...." is there.
The worst part though, is the feeling it left me with, and how scared I've become. I didnt have this kinda fear before. I was aware and cautious before, but not really afraid.
So I'm wondering who has been in a wreck, how'd it make you feel, and how did you get past it?

detdrbuzzard
02-16-2009, 11:35 AM
i don't really remember the crash, it happened too fast. i remember sliding across the street spinning slowly clockwisehopeing the bike would stop before the sissybar went into my spine.i broke a finger and had a severly sprained ancle. the next day i was repairing my bike with the cast on my right hand. i was never scared to go riding again though

Twisted
02-16-2009, 04:42 PM
Did you get hit or wipe out?

detdrbuzzard
02-16-2009, 05:34 PM
the guy was parked at the curb, he had just gotten in his car after comming out the liquor store and not wanting to wait on traffic he hit the gas and cut me off. i hit him somewhere on his left fender. i didn't pass out but i don't remember the "banng" from hitting the car just the grinding sound of the bike sliding across three traffic lanes and ending up on the opposite side of the street. once i got the bike ( my '75 cb 750 ) back together i was more worried about it being safe to ride than anything. worried that something on the bike was broke and i over looked it

Berto
02-16-2009, 08:35 PM
Funny to find this post...

Yesterday was my crashiverary... February 15, 2004. Between 1 and 1:15pm...

I was riding with some buddies in Florida going over some rolling hills. I was left behind with my buddy Justin and we dialed it up to catch up... I was leading... I hit the top of the hills and the front wheel would float a bit. Until I got to one of the tops and saw down... three kids in the middle of the road... one on a bicycle... Grabbed a handful of break and bike locked up. Bucked me off at about 80-85MPH... slid for about 130yds... after two cartwheels I dont remember happening. haha.

It was a day I will never forget. My helmet was really banged up... it could have been my face. I am lucky to be alive. Was working on the bike to fix it by Wednesday... it happened on a sunday. Had bad road rash on my right hand but that was it. Gear did it's job!

Ride safe everyone. Wear gear for the crash, not the ride.

Twisted
02-17-2009, 06:27 AM
the guy was parked at the curb, he had just gotten in his car after comming out the liquor store and not wanting to wait on traffic he hit the gas and cut me off. i hit him somewhere on his left fender. i didn't pass out but i don't remember the "banng" from hitting the car just the grinding sound of the bike sliding across three traffic lanes and ending up on the opposite side of the street. once i got the bike ( my '75 cb 750 ) back together i was more worried about it being safe to ride than anything. worried that something on the bike was broke and i over looked it
How awful. People can't even take 2 seconds to look, what an a-hole. Too many of them out there.
Funny how we first wanna know "how's my bike?", I did the same. First thing I did, was scrape myself up to look at it. Looked ok from the side still up... >:( Not.

Twisted
02-17-2009, 06:47 AM
Berto,
I haven't mentioned I'm pyschic yet, have I?

Kids in the middle of the street? Ya just never know. Luckily for you and them, they REALLY didn't get a taste of some lead poisoning.

My crash was just Aug 25th, 7:10, last year. after my first day at work with a punk at work. Little did I know he rode like crap. What a great way to start. Maybe because I'm still rather new to riding, maybe because it's so fresh and I didn't really ride that much afterwards, no bike, too sore/scared, then to almost be a hood ornament, then winter came. Maybe just because I'm female, it affects me harder...I dunno. Maybe I'm just a pansy ass.... ??? ha ha.

Thank you for sharing your stories, it actually helps me to hear em. Even though I'm afraid of getting hit again, it's not going to stop me from doing what I enjoy so much. Just gonna take some time.