PDA

View Full Version : So tell me about you...

B-Kinger
02-05-2009, 02:22 PM
What does everyone on here do for a living? Is your job going well in this economy? Are you worried about your job outlook in this state? Are you married? Do you have kids? How are they doing? How long have you been riding? How do you prefer to ride? Have you taken any riders' courses? What issues are you dealing with right now that is affecting your life? What's important to you that you'd like to say? Do you have any hobbies or other interests that you'd like to share? Are you tall, medium, or short like me? I don't mean to pry, but I'd love to learn more about the people in this forum. Thanks, Mike, aka B-Kinger

meinschaft
02-05-2009, 05:59 PM
Let's meet for a cold one and I'll answer (almost) any question you have...................

detdrbuzzard
02-05-2009, 07:09 PM
i work at ford do i need to say more?

B-Kinger
02-05-2009, 08:09 PM
Ha ha, we should all try to meet up for a cold one this wknd! I don't have the kids, and I'm sure I'm not working. Been on 32 hours for awhile now.

Gas Man
02-06-2009, 12:05 AM
Ok Mike.... I'll bite :P

What does everyone on here do for a living? I work in the petro biz. I for a pipeline company that transports everything from jet, gas, diesel, propane, butane, ect... in underground high pressure pipelines. I carry a commercial DL and countless DOT certs and OQ's

Is your job going well in this economy? Yes, nothing like Exxon. Exxon, Marathon, BPO, Sunoco are all customers of ours. We are like UPS or FedEx of the petro industry. We don't get paid more if the product cost more. However, we don't make more if the demand is lower being we charge to ship each barrel.

Are you worried about your job outlook in this state? not really, my company has never laid off anybody ever, and we are looking good in the finacial report.

Are you married? Who's asking? Is she hot? If not, then most definately! ;)

Do you have kids? Hell no, the wife and I hope we're sterile.

How are they doing? N/A

How long have you been riding? 10yrs

How do you prefer to ride? perferably without sparks and the rubber on the ground

Have you taken any riders' courses? yes, MSF 3 times, and a few track classes.

What issues are you dealing with right now that is affecting your life? My dad was recently diagnosed with stage 4 terminal lung and spine cancer. He is now paralyzed fromt he waist down and worse of all is in Florida (snow birds). I'm also in re-model of the house kick which occupies allot of my free time.

What's important to you that you'd like to say? I hate things that start with "R" I guess.

Do you have any hobbies or other interests that you'd like to share? I guess I can "officially" say I'm into home remodeling.

Are you tall, medium, or short like me? 5'7" you be the judge.

detdrbuzzard
02-06-2009, 07:47 AM
i still have my class a cdl with tanker indorsment gasman, ive been at ford for 13yrs now. eleven as a driver. kept my hazmat until all this background check bs they have now. i still drive for a friend when he needs me to

Thruxtonbill
02-06-2009, 08:29 AM
Good thread BK
I'm the used car mgr at Meade Dodge and as you can imagine, Business sucks right now. Fortunately my wife and I have owned a catering business for over 20 years. Although the economy has hit that as well, but atleast were keeping our heads above water.
We have two kids, a 17 year old daughter who is starting college next year (know idea how were going to pay for it) and a 16 year old son that I'm getting pay back from >:D .
I started riding dirt bikes as a kid and purchased my first (new) street bike as a young Marine in Twentynine Palms Ca 1978 (650 special). I rode that bike from Cali to Mi in 3 days with $40 in my pocket ;D . After returning from Okinawa in 1980 I bought a new Z1R kawi. I loved that bike, but sold it a year later. My next bike was Yami 700 maximX, but sold that after my wife got on the nest.
In 2006 we went on a family vaca to Ca, while visiting my wifes Aunt and Uncle , I got a chance to ride his fatboy and was hooked again. After much research I ended up with my FZ1. Thats all for now.

Bill

bettyboop1w
02-06-2009, 01:56 PM
We should all try and meet since it is snow on the ground or post pics of ourselves in another avenue.
I work for NextEnergy the next wave of energy (wind, solar, turbines, fuel) was and is not affected by economy. Am married as most know and not to DB, have 4 children (3 grown), also do taxes during the season and go to school for medical billing.

I love to ride and have since I learned at 16, now I'm hooked and so is most of our family, love t-birds, all hobbies I'll try. I'm 5'6 and lovely :o, man why am I the only girl on here???????

B-Kinger
02-06-2009, 04:56 PM
Thanks so much for sharing you gu...people. ;D Betty, I've been hoping my girlfriend will join this site, and then you won't be the only one! ;) She knows I come here often. She's as hooked as you are on bikes. Really, going to school for medical billing? Where? Monica is planning to go back to school for something in the medical field, I think the name of the school she wants to attend is Carnegie...Carnigy...?... Medical... something or other. She just doesn't know what she wants to specialize in yet. Energy technology is a great field to be into now, and as I keep telling my kids, it will become increasingly important to be as innovative and energy efficient as possible. There are so many ways that we can and should become much more energy efficient. I'd love to be totally off the grid. Heck, I already heat my house with a corn stove! But ask me how much I enjoy it. :-\

Bill, used cars, eh? I feel for ya, I'm in the prototype automotive trade, and it's never ever been this bad, and with no good news in sight. I've been on and off working 32 hour weeks for a long time now, and I'm not even check to check at this point. Makes me sick to keep diving into savings. Time for me to find another line of work as well. Thanks for your riding history, that's awesome. CA to MI in 3 days on a 78 650 Special with $40 in your pocket? THAT, my friend, is LIVING. See why I asked? All you fine people on this site have such valuable and amazing experiences and lessons to share, it's SO great to read about em. And you've even had a legendary bike as well; the Kawasaki Z1R. Another milestone machine. Love it.

Gasman, your username certainly makes sense now! ;D You're certainly in the right industry; there won't soon be a decline in demand for THAT! And by the looks of your beautiful house, you're doing quite well in it! Glad to see it. Let me know who's hiring, heh heh! I was going to ask if your wife rides, but I remember now that she has a Sporty that you've posted pics of. Awesome when we get to ride with our girls, albeit somewhat slower. ;D Nice that you two aren't tied down with children (not that I'm complaining) and can take a roadtrip when ya want. I'm very sorry to read about your dad, this cancer is a horrible, horrible thing. My dad passed away of cancer also, and...well... long story there, him and I. At least my sister and I were there with him when he passed. Hardest thing ever. If there was anything I have learned that as advice I could possibly offer you, it would be to say to him face to face all of the things that need to be said while you can. You may end up regretting you didn't.

I will tell you this; there are some people that go light years above and beyond what could ever be asked of them, to be there for people when they've needed it the most. Drive miles and miles out of their way after working long hours to just to visit and see how someone is feeling that day. To be with them on their best and worst days. Open up their home to friends and family and help them in any way they can when they are down, till the very end even, for no reason other than they cared enough to do it. That, my friends, is Sarge. Thank you, buddy. There is good in this world because of people like you.

meinschaft
02-06-2009, 05:03 PM
Well said, B-Kinger. Very good advice. Now when are we going to get together for a pre-ride 'meeting'?

B-Kinger
02-06-2009, 05:10 PM
Heck, tonight would be cool! I should be able to talk Monica into going out for awhile.

Gas Man
02-06-2009, 06:47 PM
buzzard... when I say DOT OQ and certs... I'm not talking about commercial driving. I'm talking about industrial qualifications and "Operator Qualifications" that are set forth by the DOT to jobs such as mine. Also have to carry first responder certs as well as HAZWOPER qualifications

You have to be qualified under DOT regs to be able to operate things like this from my work.
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l311/cjclark69/BPL/img1219424455058.jpg
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l311/cjclark69/BPL/img1219424336921.jpg
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l311/cjclark69/BPL/img1219424391222.jpg
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l311/cjclark69/BPL/img1224427066186.jpg
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l311/cjclark69/BPL/FlintSta012.jpg
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l311/cjclark69/BPL/FlintSta010.jpg
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l311/cjclark69/BPL/FlintSta009.jpg
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l311/cjclark69/BPL/FlintSta002.jpg

Here's a couple more with a twist
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l311/cjclark69/BPL/hotdg025.jpg
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l311/cjclark69/BPL/img1219831213822.jpg

Not to mention putting out fires with a fire exten.
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l311/cjclark69/BPL/70971687173.jpg

And be able to do "hot work" repairs
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l311/cjclark69/BPL/img1224247783927.jpg

and run "smart pigs" thru the line like this nice 1.5 million dollar piece
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l311/cjclark69/BPL/208LDeformationPig006.jpg

If you don't know WTF you are doing... shit like this happens... and sometimes happens even when you do everything right. Then you need to know how to handle it
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l311/cjclark69/BPL/16100949.jpg
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l311/cjclark69/BPL/16100952.jpg
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l311/cjclark69/BPL/16101083.jpg
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l311/cjclark69/BPL/MVC-032S.jpg

I even had the privilage to make the cover of our global finacial report
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l311/cjclark69/BPL/scan0010a.jpg

And you guys thought my screen name refered to farts!!! ::)

And thanks Kinger for your comments about dad.

Bob
02-06-2009, 08:05 PM
What does everyone on here do for a living?
I own Danase.com and work for a local city doing engineer work.

Is your job going well in this economy?
Danase.com is slow my city job is busy.

Are you worried about your job outlook in this state?
Not too much.

Are you married?
Yes

Do you have kids?
Not yet

How long have you been riding?
Dirt bike I used to ride all of the time in like middle and high school. Street, 2 years.

How do you prefer to ride?
Easy Weekend morning back roads.

Have you taken any riders' courses?
Yes

What issues are you dealing with right now that is affecting your life?
None really.

What's important to you that you'd like to say?
Family

Do you have any hobbies or other interests that you'd like to share?
Fishing, motorcycles, cars, detailing, computer and website stuff.

Are you tall, medium, or short like me?
5'-8"

Something you did not ask but I'll add.
30 years old

B-Kinger
02-07-2009, 10:28 AM
Thanks for sharing, Bob. Younger and taller than me of course, but that's not hard to be. ::) Hey Gas, you have me wondering what "R" words to watch out for. R1? rice? republicans?

Berto
02-07-2009, 03:57 PM
I'll play along...

Been a busy week, so have not spent much time here.

What does everyone on here do for a living? I work as a Medical Device Rep for Johnson and Johnson.

Is your job going well in this economy? yes and no, people get sick, but they may not do anything about it and hospitals want cheap. My products are the best hands down, but not cheap.

Are you worried about your job outlook in this state? Yes and no... doubt i'd get fired, but I need to sell to make money, no sales=no money. We are doing ok i guess.

Are you married? soon will be... 2010... practically am... live and own home with fiancee and we share or split every expense.

Do you have kids? No, but can't wait.

How are they doing? Hope the are ok... not here yet.

How long have you been riding? 6 Years.

How do you prefer to ride? on a bike... with a helmet...

Have you taken any riders' courses? MSF in 2003... one track instruction class. Multiple track days.

What issues are you dealing with right now that is affecting your life? Planning a wedding... work is super busy.

What's important to you that you'd like to say? Life is short... enjoy it and laugh every day. Read my sig below. Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional... remember that.

Do you have any hobbies or other interests that you'd like to share? Other than bikes, I play the guitar and write some fiction. I also love spending time with my loved ones. Play Volleyball and getting into working out.

Are you tall, medium, or short like me? 5'9"... so average I guess...

We should plan a get together ASAP! I like this group.

B-Kinger
02-08-2009, 11:36 AM
Yea, we gotta get serious about a meet and greet. Maybe we should start a thread where we all post what our weekly schedules are and what times and days would be good for us, and then we'll compare em all and come up with a date and time that works. It's obvious that many of you have busy schedules, like Betty for instance, who's going to school and does taxes and has kids.

Sounds like you're in an exciting time in your life, with the wedding and your busy schedule. Living. Good for you. ;D I'm attempting to get back into working out as well, but my downfall is consistency. I've weighed between 155 and 170 lbs since high school. I used to be competitive a few years out of high school, but I took it as far as I could without getting into steroids, which is where the sport was headed and is now. So nice to read about you guys. We'll definetely have things to talk about when we meet!

Berto
02-08-2009, 01:25 PM
Thanks man.

170 is my goal weight by summer... I put on a ton of weight since college.

and I have a long way to go for my goal. Anyway...

Let's do this. We can pick a date somewhere in between for everyone. I think I'll give Royal Oak bike nights a chance this summer. Just to have something to do on Thursday nights.

Anything else before then, I am game.

B-Kinger
02-08-2009, 10:05 PM
I didn't get down there at all this past season, and it's only 10 miles from my house. We'll all have to check it out together. We oughta stand out, with our very diverse group of bikes.

Berto
02-09-2009, 05:17 PM
I just want to roll up on my 35HP DRZ next to your B-KIng, and Doc on his GW... and Bob on his cruiser. It would be too funny!

B-Kinger
02-09-2009, 07:07 PM
Don't forget Gas on his Dog! And we should dress like the Village People. Anyone have a Spyder? ;D ;D O0 ;D ;D :o

Thruxtonbill
02-09-2009, 11:00 PM
I like this idea, Typically I'm not into the squid sportbike poser show (RO, for the most part), but the fact that the people here "just like motorcycles" and don't really care what you ride, is very cool. It would be a hoot to do it once.
Other then that lets ride, spring will be here shortly and I'm fired up. I have been mapping out some southern Ohio routes if anyone is intrested.

And BTW, ya'll don't be scared when you see me pull up on fire breathen FZ1 now :D

Berto
02-09-2009, 11:43 PM
We will be the clampets of bikes...

I am all about a ride to southern Ohio... heard they have good roads there.

meinschaft
02-10-2009, 06:58 AM
There are beautiful roads in southeastern Ohio. The real roads begin in West Virginia. This is a Best Kept Secret. There has to be 50 'Dragon' type roads in WVA.

Berto
02-10-2009, 08:35 AM
how far is that ride out there?

Dragon is 10 hrs, if this is less, it's a bonus.

B-Kinger
02-10-2009, 09:47 AM
You're FZ1 rules, Bill, it almost IS fire breathin, when ya want it to be. ;D Can't fault a naked R1! Monica and I are in for ridin Ohio. The farther south you go, the better it gets, that's for sure.

Twisted
02-14-2009, 07:55 PM
Got a bit of free time AND I'm signed in this time.

What do I do for a living? Right now I work at K&W Cycle, in shipping and receiving. I also work at a bakery part time, and a Baskin Robbins, making ice cream cakes. I also make cakes out of my home. Been doing cakes & baking for over 14 years now...so if ya need soemthing, I can hook ya up.

Job going well? K&W was rather busy the past couple months with all the snow billies needing parts, now it's died down a bit. I don't think the sales guys are doing very well though. Everybody afraid to spend money. Bakery business will pick up come spring time. Graduations, communions, weddings....

Am I worried about job? Well, I plan on quitting K&W in June, and go to school for some medical training. I'm hoping my part time jobs combined (and lets not forget all those Home Depot wallets) will be sufficient to get by with. Honestly, I'm scared sh*tless about that. I hope it works out.

married? no
kids? I have a 12 year old son, Jacob, who lives with his dad in CA. He seems to be adjusting very well there. Kinda a long story why I sent him there.

How long have I been riding? Not as long as most of you pros, only 2 summers worth. Got about 10,000 miles though.

How do I prefer to ride? Hmmm, I've been told the term is "conservatively." I guess I have nothing to prove to anybody, no real NEED to go super fast, but maybe I'm just overly cautious now. I was getting more comfortable going faster, keeping up with Mike isn't easy, until another biker last August turned right into me (another story), totalling my bike, and leaving me pretty banged up and shaken. Then a few weeks later, some chick in a car rears ends me. AND 2 days later some other lady bashes the side of my van in a parking lot!!! I guess it's no wonder I'm a tad paranoid now.

Rider courses? I had the MSF class in May 07 and the advanced one last summer. My main issue still is with learning to turn faster, want to work on that allot this year. and not getting hit anymore, ha ha.

Issues I'm dealing with right now? Same as everybody probably. Sick of the cold, the dark, the snow. Budgeting money between wants vs. needs. making the school decision is a huge dilemna.

What's important to me? Love...being happy, healthy, content. Everything else will fall into place as it may. What is is.

Hobbies, interests...? Riding (duh), reading, fashion, baking, cooking, traveling.

Height? 5'8", slim I guess, 18 years old with 23 years of experience.

Berto
02-16-2009, 09:47 PM
kids? I have a 12 year old son, Jacob, who lives with his dad in CA. He seems to be adjusting very well there. Kinda a long story why I sent him there.

Height? 5'8", slim I guess, 18 years old with 23 years of experience.

Wait... you lost me there...

B-Kinger
02-16-2009, 10:09 PM
That means she's 41. ;D

Berto
02-17-2009, 09:44 AM
oohhh... my blonde roots were showing. Sorry... got it now.