PDA

View Full Version : Free Pick-Up for Service

meinschaft
02-03-2009, 10:53 AM
OK, I admit it. My love of [riding] motorcycles is directly linked to the outside temperature. Below 50 degrees, and it has to be a really sunny day to get me out. That being said, now is the slow time for dealers and a good time to get work done, to be ready when the weather improves.

Some may be interested to know that Rosenau Powersports in Dearborn is offering FREE PICK UP. Here is the link to their site:

http://www.rosenaupowersports.net/default.asp

Has anyone had experience with these folks?

Here is what their ad says:

FREE Pick Up & Delivery color
With Any Repair Work
or Routine Maintenance
Valid thru February 28, 2009 only
Click to the left for your coupon

Thruxtonbill
02-03-2009, 11:11 AM
I would not let them change my oil.

meinschaft
02-03-2009, 11:24 AM
Bill,

Glad I asked. Why?

Thruxtonbill
02-03-2009, 11:45 AM
Had them do a valve adjustment, when I got my bike back they dented my micron can and pretty much told me to pound sand. I purchased my FZ1 new from them and the bike was not preped correctly, loose bolts, chain was not adjusted properly, rear wheel out of alignment. Does not say much for the service dept.

Gas Man
02-03-2009, 11:50 AM
I would not let them change my oil.
I would not let them within 10 ft of my bike!!!

meinschaft
02-03-2009, 11:53 AM
Chris,

You let anyone work on your bikes? Why is Rosenau on your "S" List?

Berto
02-03-2009, 01:03 PM
I normally do not let people work on my bikes.

Too many riding peeps on these sites to help you through it and I'm sure I can convince a few of you if I need more help to come over in exchange for beer and food.

What work do you need done? Is it minor? Many of us would help you.

I have about 20% rate of disatifaction with dealer work. Meaning, 1 of 5 times I've gone to them, they mess something up. Tires not balanced right (a monkey can balance a tire). "600 mile" service $200 for a JOKE!!! Oil change and check around bike. I do more "checking" than they did before i ride off.

Anyway... if it's major engine work. Find a good bike shop, not dealer. Minor stuff, we can help.

When on two wheels, one can't fail... my mentallity on this.

meinschaft
02-03-2009, 01:15 PM
Chris,

Good thing you never dealt (I assume) with the Detroit Triumph dealer. You'd be in Jackson if you did. Next time we get together I'll tell you my story about them. Last time there, I was in a pinch, needed to get tires mounted and they could get me in. Went OK, not counting the gouge on my alloy rim, or so I thought. A few weeks after they did the work, I was checking around, tightening stuff when I doscovered that ALL FOUR bolts holding my front wheel on were loose. One was a turn or two from falling out. The others were finger tight. Not a pretty picture, losing a front wheel, at speed.

B-Kinger
02-03-2009, 01:35 PM
I've hard of service problems with both Triumph Detroit and Rosenau Powersports. Too bad about Triumph, the sales staff there is great, I know em fairly well, and you can take almost any of their bikes for a spin. Another place not to go for anything other than mounting new tires is K & W Cycle. Absolute retards there. One guy isn't even certified! My girlfriend works there. Two places that I have firsthand knowledge of and WOULD go to, for service at least, are Roseville Powersports (both guys in back are very very good) and Macomb Powersports (guy named Mike is very good). The sales departments at all of those places equally suck.

detdrbuzzard
02-03-2009, 02:35 PM
only thing i ever had rosenau do was put a rear tire on the 1200 wing when i first got it. when spring came i had american wings on michigan just west of merriman put a matched set of dunlop e-3 tires on it. there was nothing wrong with the dunlop 404 rosenau installed american wing was cheaper and e-3 tires have a higher load rating than the 404 tires

Gas Man
02-03-2009, 09:35 PM
As it stands the ONLY bike dealership I have not had any problems with YET is Biker Bobs. I heard horror stories about it when it was Motown. But they've been good to me and offer some great service in POV.

But just as doctors make horrible patients. People who know how to wrench make horrible service customers.

Twisted
02-09-2009, 07:59 AM
There is actually one guy at K&W who is pretty good I think and seems to do the best work. His name is Perry, and if you ever have work done there, ask for him. I think he's been there the longest and seems to be in charge of everyone else. However, I'm not really sure if he does the minor repair jobs, looks like he does more building of new machines. I will pay attention more and see exactly what he does.