PDA

View Full Version : Church on Sunday

RedneckMedic
11-06-2012, 02:13 PM
Lets try for another "church" ride on sunday. Some people mentioned it on facebook and on here as well. Who wants to meet up and ride? Chris already said he can't come so maybe that will get more of you guys out haha:boobies:

Kosher
11-06-2012, 05:13 PM
Uh... whats a "church ride"? Note screen name, LOL

RedneckMedic
11-06-2012, 08:02 PM
Well you can go to temple then if thats more kosher for you hahaha:devil:

Gas Man
11-07-2012, 12:29 AM
We decided the other week to try, more so in the spring, to start regular Sunday rides. Called "church" or "two wheel church".

Gas Man
11-07-2012, 12:50 AM
We decided the other week to try, more so in the spring, to start regular Sunday rides. Called "church" or "two wheel church".

As a matter of fact... I like Two Wheel Church ALLOT!! I just bought the domain name!! :lol:

Kosher
11-07-2012, 06:19 AM
As the saying goes - "I'd rather be on my bike thinking about God than in church (or synagogue) thinking about my bike"

Gas Man
11-07-2012, 11:42 AM
As the saying goes - "I'd rather be on my bike thinking about God than in church (or synagogue) thinking about my bike"

AMEN brother!

I'm serious... buying that domain.

Kosher
11-07-2012, 12:00 PM
AMEN brother!

I'm serious... buying that domain.

Testify, bro, testify! :)

So who's getting "churched" on Sunday? Me, Rugby - Chopper Dave, you in?

Mudpuppy
11-07-2012, 12:37 PM
I support this concept 1,000%... in the spring I am all in..

Moesride
11-07-2012, 08:44 PM
Testify, bro, testify! :)

So who's getting "churched" on Sunday? Me, Rugby - Chopper Dave, you in? So where you boys headed?

RedneckMedic
11-07-2012, 09:22 PM
not sure. I open for anything anywhere sunday :rockwoot:

Kosher
11-07-2012, 10:54 PM
not sure. I open for anything anywhere sunday :rockwoot:

I can leave my house at about 1030 on Sunday, if we meet at the same Tim Horton's I can be there at about 1115.

Are you guys up for another Ypsi run? I missed the last one.

RedneckMedic
11-07-2012, 11:25 PM
I'm down for a run to ypsi and the same tim Hortons is fine with me. I know gas man told me about a good restaurant out there but I forgot which one.

So how about an 1130 or noon meet up then go grab some lunch?

Kosher
11-07-2012, 11:28 PM
I'm down for a run to ypsi and the same tim Hortons is fine with me. I know gas man told me about a good restaurant out there but I forgot which one.

So how about an 1130 or noon meet up then go grab some lunch?

Works for me - whats the street address of that TH again?

Gas Man
11-07-2012, 11:29 PM
Go to Red Rock Barbecue in downtown Ypsi

http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/19/1676401/restaurant/Detroit/Red-Rock-Downtown-Barbecue-Ypsilanti

Get the Boulder Burger on a pretzel roll
http://a1.urbancdn.com/w/s/h2/g4MjDZ8W0aVJLW-640m.jpg

RedneckMedic
11-07-2012, 11:41 PM
The timmies is at NORTHLINE and dix here https://maps.google.com/maps?client=safari&oe=UTF-8&ie=UTF-8&q=tim+hortons+northline&fb=1&gl=us&hq=tim+hortons+northline&ei=3CibUJaLIqebyQGJuYGoCw&ved=0CIEBELYD

Gas Man
11-07-2012, 11:42 PM
The timmies is at NORTHLINE and dix here https://maps.google.com/maps?client=safari&oe=UTF-8&ie=UTF-8&q=tim+hortons+northline&fb=1&gl=us&hq=tim+hortons+northline&ei=3CibUJaLIqebyQGJuYGoCw&ved=0CIEBELYD

:lmao:

RedneckMedic
11-07-2012, 11:59 PM
figured you would like that

RedneckMedic
11-09-2012, 04:14 PM
So I'll see whoever is going sunday at 1200 noon at the tim hortons in southgate at dix and northline here https://maps.google.com/maps?client=safari&oe=UTF-8&ie=UTF-8&q=tim+hortons+northline&fb=1&gl=us&hq=tim+hortons+northline&ei=3CibUJaLIqebyQGJuYGoCw&ved=0CIEBELYD.

Kick stands at 1215 then we will ride to the bbq place in ypsi. I will probably show up around 1130 or so and grab a coffee so if you want to show up early your more than welcome.

Kosher
11-09-2012, 05:32 PM
So I'll see whoever is going sunday at 1200 noon at the tim hortons in southgate at dix and northline here https://maps.google.com/maps?client=safari&oe=UTF-8&ie=UTF-8&q=tim+hortons+northline&fb=1&gl=us&hq=tim+hortons+northline&ei=3CibUJaLIqebyQGJuYGoCw&ved=0CIEBELYD.

Kick stands at 1215 then we will ride to the bbq place in ypsi. I will probably show up around 1130 or so and grab a coffee so if you want to show up early your more than welcome.

I will probably be there around 1115, I gotta get out!

RedneckMedic
11-09-2012, 07:13 PM
Ok I can always meet you there sooner, I don't mind hanging before leaving. Hell it was an hour last time before we left but then again chatty kathy chris wont be there hahahaha:rofl:

Gas Man
11-09-2012, 08:08 PM
Ok I can always meet you there sooner, I don't mind hanging before leaving. Hell it was an hour last time before we left but then again chatty kathy chris wont be there hahahaha:rofl:
:evg:

detdrbuzzard
11-10-2012, 08:36 AM
i don't think i can make this ride lance. my moms baclk fence got taken down by her neighbors tree so i'll be over there with my nephews this weekend to hang the fence and cut the tree

RedneckMedic
11-10-2012, 12:12 PM
i don't think i can make this ride lance. my moms baclk fence got taken down by her neighbors tree so i'll be over there with my nephews this weekend to hang the fence and cut the tree

No problem man. See you on the next one but at least I got the location right this time.

RedneckMedic
11-10-2012, 02:04 PM
My buddy from work gary and his wife are both riding with us tmr and he might bring a couple.

Gas Man
11-10-2012, 08:05 PM
Awesome guys. Lance. Take a few pics.

RedneckMedic
11-13-2012, 10:36 PM
Well me and kosher met up sunday and rolled out to ypsi just us two. I let kosher ride the RG since he is looking at getting a RGU soon. I don't think he cared for the too much though with the stock toe nail shielf. At least it let me know riding his bike with the 14" apes that the 16's will be perfect for me. I also learned I don't think I ever want a rider back rest. I got vibrations from it that made my back itch and it made me feel cramped and stuck in one seating postition.

Anyways the ride was uneventful it didn't downpour like the last one and it was super warm I just rode with a zip up hoodie. When we got there it was same as last time not a large crowd by any means but at least there was a tv for us to enjoy the first half of the lions sucking. The restaurant itself kinda bummed me out. Its your typical BBQ place with beer list on a chalk board and red brick everywhere but the first thing the waitress does is come up and give us a summary of what they don't have available that day. Not sure if it was sunday if there going out of business or what but I was shocked how much they were out of but wasn't upset because what I wanted they had. I got the rock burger which had onions jalapenos and pulled pork on it on a pretzel roll with fries and mac and cheese. Then they didn't have the pretzel roll which the fat kid in me got upset about but they made it up and payed for another round of beers for us. The food overall was pretty good. The pork was dry and didn't have much flavor but I would probably go back just for the mac n cheese I think I liked it better than slows.

Then me and kosher parted ways and headed home since he has family stuff and I had work shortly after. Man the ride home was windy I thought I was going to be blown off the road with a couple of the gusts. so who is up for taking care of church this week since I'll be working the lions game.:chug:

RedneckMedic
11-13-2012, 10:37 PM
and sorry for no pics photobucket is acting up and I only took one anyways of our bikes so just picture both of out sig pics lined up next to each other.

Gas Man
11-13-2012, 10:41 PM
You can get a backrest that is fully adjustable on the go... that's what I have.

You went to Red Rock tavern? When I went, it was great!

Kosher
11-13-2012, 10:44 PM
Well me and kosher met up sunday and rolled out to ypsi just us two. I let kosher ride the RG since he is looking at getting a RGU soon. I don't think he cared for the too much though with the stock toe nail shielf. At least it let me know riding his bike with the 14" apes that the 16's will be perfect for me. I also learned I don't think I ever want a rider back rest. I got vibrations from it that made my back itch and it made me feel cramped and stuck in one seating postition.

Anyways the ride was uneventful it didn't downpour like the last one and it was super warm I just rode with a zip up hoodie. When we got there it was same as last time not a large crowd by any means but at least there was a tv for us to enjoy the first half of the lions sucking. The restaurant itself kinda bummed me out. Its your typical BBQ place with beer list on a chalk board and red brick everywhere but the first thing the waitress does is come up and give us a summary of what they don't have available that day. Not sure if it was sunday if there going out of business or what but I was shocked how much they were out of but wasn't upset because what I wanted they had. I got the rock burger which had onions jalapenos and pulled pork on it on a pretzel roll with fries and mac and cheese. Then they didn't have the pretzel roll which the fat kid in me got upset about but they made it up and payed for another round of beers for us. The food overall was pretty good. The pork was dry and didn't have much flavor but I would probably go back just for the mac n cheese I think I liked it better than slows.

Then me and kosher parted ways and headed home since he has family stuff and I had work shortly after. Man the ride home was windy I thought I was going to be blown off the road with a couple of the gusts. so who is up for taking care of church this week since I'll be working the lions game.:chug:

LOL, the backrest is adjustable, and since you're taller than me, and we didnt adjust it before we took of, I'm not surprised you didnt like it. Trust me, when you get to be an old fucker like me, you start appreciating these things.

I liked the ride a lot (thank you for swapping rides) - for me, it needed a taller windshield, definitely needed taller bars, and some pipes. All fixable. :)

Gas Man
11-13-2012, 10:45 PM
LOL, the backrest is adjustable, and since you're taller than me, and we didnt adjust it before we took of, I'm not surprised you didnt like it. Trust me, when you get to be an old fucker like me, you start appreciating these things.

I liked the ride a lot (thank you for swapping rides) - for me, it needed a taller windshield, definitely needed taller bars, and some pipes. All fixable. :)

Your backrest adjust forward and backwards too? With the lever under your thigh?

Can't wait to see you "Fix" it all.

Kosher
11-13-2012, 11:20 PM
Your backrest adjust forward and backwards too? With the lever under your thigh?

Can't wait to see you "Fix" it all.

Its a Mustang backrest (http://www.mustangseats.com/Product/79610/Driver-Backrest-Kit-Smooth-Harley-Davidson-FL-Touring-No-Studs). It is adjustable but possibly not enough for him.

Gas Man
11-14-2012, 12:19 AM
Yeah not nearly as adjustable as the hd I was referring to.

sprink
11-14-2012, 05:30 PM
I already had Sunday plans or I would have liked to join you guys. I was southbound on US23 around 2:30-3:00 and the wind was brutal! One gust did almost take me off the bike and I was holding on tight already! The ride home was sweet though with wind at my back!

That was really cool you switched bikes. I am always hesitant to do that. Not too worried about mine, but the what ifs for the other guys bike.

Kosher
11-14-2012, 06:03 PM
That was really cool you switched bikes. I am always hesitant to do that. Not too worried about mine, but the what ifs for the other guys bike.

Mighty nice of Rugby, and yes I was a bit paranoid on it, but its all good.

Gas Man
11-14-2012, 07:40 PM
I will switch with some folks. But you all know the code right? If you crash my bike, I get to ride yours till mine is fixed. IT'S CODE.

RedneckMedic
11-14-2012, 09:09 PM
I was nervous until the first turn when I was used to the apes again then it was like banging an old girlfriend :didntdo:

RedneckMedic
11-14-2012, 11:22 PM
from the other day
http://i808.photobucket.com/albums/zz2/lrpetric/IMG_0280.jpg
http://i808.photobucket.com/albums/zz2/lrpetric/IMG_0281.jpg

horrorbusiness
11-25-2012, 09:11 AM
Since my bike is still in pieces, I want you guys to post a lot of pictures of todays ride.

Gas Man
11-25-2012, 09:39 AM
I don't think we have one going on today. It's in it's infantancy

WILEY
11-25-2012, 10:07 AM
Snow on the ground here.

horrorbusiness
11-25-2012, 10:19 AM
I don't recall seeing weather permitting in the "bible".

RedneckMedic
11-25-2012, 10:33 AM
Ya no ride for me i saw snow and stayed over at work

Bagger Dave
11-25-2012, 10:59 AM
We have snow on the ground here also:td:

Gas Man
11-26-2012, 12:31 AM
Snow here in the morning...

But I was working on a house project all day as well.

Moesride
11-29-2012, 11:47 PM
You boys planning a ride this Sunday? Gonna be in the 50's from what I here!

RedneckMedic
11-29-2012, 11:53 PM
Got another lions game this weekend so its a no go for me.

Gas Man
11-30-2012, 12:42 AM
I'm on call but may be able to do it.

I'll set one up

Gas Man
11-30-2012, 01:05 AM
Added Church rides to front page. Just under POTM.

Kosher
11-30-2012, 06:17 AM
50% chance of rain on Sunday, I have to pick my spots this weekend, its looking like a Saturday ride for me.

Bagger Dave
11-30-2012, 07:04 AM
I'm working this weekend...I have Mon and Tues off next week...suppose to be 56 here on Mon...

RedneckMedic
11-30-2012, 07:42 AM
I work on sunday but do have monday off until 5 if you want to meet somewhere in the middle dave

Gas Man
11-30-2012, 09:22 AM
50% chance of rain on Sunday, I have to pick my spots this weekend, its looking like a Saturday ride for me.

Hear ya... I have to work saturday. Story of my life.