PDA

View Full Version : Soft lowers test run!

Moesride
11-03-2012, 02:23 PM
Slipped these on the bars this morning and did just under a 100 mile ride. Love it! Feet and lower legs stayed much warmer without the cold wind blowing on me as much. When I left this morning the temp was showing 33* so........they worked good.
Takes about 30 sec. to put on or take off. Throw them in the saddlebags and I'll have them handy in case I need them. HD soft lowers $89......(made in china)
Here's a few shitty pics I took this morning... Oh and P.S.........I think I was the Only Schmuck out this morning. Didn't see any one riding.

RedneckMedic
11-03-2012, 03:28 PM
Nice im thinking about pickint these up. I think they would help on a long trip if you know your going to be in the rain for a while

Kosher
11-03-2012, 04:06 PM
I had the ones from http://www.airlite.ca, very nice, and they worked great.

Bagger Dave
11-03-2012, 07:56 PM
cool Moe :rockwoot:

Gas Man
11-04-2012, 10:12 AM
Yeah Moe, HD has those for years... they use to be cheaper till they redesigned them a bit and doubled the price. The new ones are a bit nicer but still...

Kosher... the only thing I like more about those airlights is that they are made in the USA, otherwise the one piece design looks like more of a PITA. Further I don't like the screen in the middle...

But hey... I wouldn't mind seeing them in person either.

Kosher
11-04-2012, 04:55 PM
Yeah Moe, HD has those for years... they use to be cheaper till they redesigned them a bit and doubled the price. The new ones are a bit nicer but still...

Kosher... the only thing I like more about those airlights is that they are made in the USA, otherwise the one piece design looks like more of a PITA. Further I don't like the screen in the middle...

But hey... I wouldn't mind seeing them in person either.

The Airlites are made in Canada (The web site saus "made in North America". .CA is a Canadian domain). I never had a problem with getting them on, very quick, and well made.

junkyardjon
11-04-2012, 11:06 PM
and people laugh at me because i have a sewing machine... i need to made a set of them for my goldwing. let me know if the side zipper un-does it's self. i like the little pouch idea.

Gas Man
11-04-2012, 11:10 PM
The little pouches are one of the upgrades that they did when they (HD) changed them.

Moesride
11-05-2012, 11:17 PM
So far the side zippers haven't moved. Only have a couple hundred miles on them so can't really make a solid call!

RedneckMedic
04-19-2013, 12:49 PM
Been riding with these same soft lowers the past few days and they are awesome. I'm actually really thinking about getting some hard lowers for the bike now.

Gas Man
04-19-2013, 12:53 PM
I love my hard lowers. One of the reasons I went with the ultra

Hawgrider
04-19-2013, 01:13 PM
I use the Desert Dawgs Leather. Made in America here is one link but they sell them at JP cycle, Dennis kirk and so on. Ive been using mine for 7 years or so give or take. I paid about 80 bucks for mine. They really shine on wet roads they keep a lot of the road shit off the bike and your legs and keep your boots dry...... Well.. dryer
Cold weather-yep they help a lot as well.

I was looking at moes pics and you will get a much better fit from the desert dawgs.......No bunching or un even pulling.

http://www.leadermotorcycle.com/desert-dawgs-rain-guards/

This is the exact set I have-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZ9uBYagDiA&feature=player_embedded

Kosher
04-19-2013, 01:40 PM
I had the Air-Lite ones on my Road King, loved them.

Moesride
04-19-2013, 08:22 PM
Been riding with these same soft lowers the past few days and they are awesome. I'm actually really thinking about getting some hard lowers for the bike now.
I like mine............easy on, easy off. They work really well too. I like the bare bones look of the SG so "for now" hard lowers are not on my radar.
Looks good Lance!

Caveman
04-21-2013, 01:35 PM
again, Moe, as I said at Gas', take those things to AM leather and have them put in a little cut out on that backside to allow the pass-through of the highway peg. Will get rid of that bunching and smooth it out a bit.

Moesride
10-08-2014, 10:53 AM
Old thread but thought id post this up. Removed the HD soft lowers you see I bought a couple years ago and went with these instead. The HD ones had a tendency of unzipping a bit where the bar pegs were mounted. Not bad by all means but just enough for me to spend more money on shit I don't really need. I like these new ones made of vinyl. They match my hard bag lid covers, side air defectors ,fairing bag , seat ......ect. Really like the way one side has the pocket and more so the drink holder on the other.
Made by Kuryakyn....not usually a big fan of their products but these I liked. Watcha think?

RedneckMedic
10-08-2014, 12:47 PM
Those look nice. I liked my hd soft lowers. I didnt have that unzipping problem but I didnt have them on very long before I got the hard lowers.

Gas Man
10-09-2014, 09:10 AM
That looks about right...