PDA

View Full Version : How Much Longer?

Gas Man
11-01-2012, 04:11 AM
How much longer will you ride?

For me it's about the salt more over the temps. However, I don't see much riding going in with my current schedule of work , vacay, and projects going on.

Bagger Dave
11-01-2012, 06:02 AM
Now I won't really have to worry about temps that much:rockwoot:but pretty much until the salt flies...just been waiting for the wind and rain to clear up...

detdrbuzzard
11-01-2012, 06:28 AM
mid-december is when i usually put the last bike in hibernation

Gas Man
11-01-2012, 06:49 AM
Now I won't really have to worry about temps that much:rockwoot:but pretty much until the salt flies...just been waiting for the wind and rain to clear up...

Yeah still haven't seen a thread yet on that...

Kosher
11-01-2012, 10:49 AM
I'm trying to get at least 1 ride per month in, however short. If the salt isnt completely gone, I'll try to pick a day when its been a while and as much dissipated as possible.

I'll wash it afterword. Yes, it will get some salt here or there, but I'm not planning on keeping this bike forever. (In fact I'm trying to work out a plan to get a Road Glide Ultra this spring. Pray for me).

Bagger Dave
11-01-2012, 11:49 AM
Yeah still haven't seen a thread yet on that...

when the weather clears up...and I will get some pics up...:rockwoot:

Mudpuppy
11-01-2012, 02:17 PM
my riding season is typically march 1 through november 15. But I gave up early this year. Got a big basement project and busy as hell so more because of that than the weather this year. I don't mind riding in the cold or hot or in between.

leebo
11-01-2012, 03:56 PM
Hey my boss offered to let me store my bike in the shops heated garage so i got it there before he changed his mind.

Gas Man
11-01-2012, 04:36 PM
I'm trying to get at least 1 ride per month in, however short. If the salt isnt completely gone, I'll try to pick a day when its been a while and as much dissipated as possible.

I'll wash it afterword. Yes, it will get some salt here or there, but I'm not planning on keeping this bike forever. (In fact I'm trying to work out a plan to get a Road Glide Ultra this spring. Pray for me).

I kinda figured you might be looking for the bike change... after watching you go over Lance's bike.

my riding season is typically march 1 through november 15. But I gave up early this year. Got a big basement project and busy as hell so more because of that than the weather this year. I don't mind riding in the cold or hot or in between.

House projects are always an easy way to screw with riding.

Hey my boss offered to let me store my bike in the shops heated garage so i got it there before he changed his mind.

That's a nice setup!

sprink
11-01-2012, 04:47 PM
I never really put mine away.

Yea, one is on a jack with fresh oil and stabil in the tank, but pull off the cover, unplug the tender, lower jack and off I go on any decent day. Sometimes it may be a couple months sometimes, like last winter, it never went into storage.

Since I just got the other bike I plan to ride it as long as I can before giving it a similar treatment and then one will stay in hibernation all winter.

I have no problem washing and blow drying the bike if its a bit salty. Warm enough to ride is warm enough to wash too.

Kosher
11-01-2012, 06:00 PM
I kinda figured you might be looking for the bike change... after watching you go over Lance's bike.

Yeah, if it were up to me, I'd just do it. But my fabulous wife (and she truly is fabulous) gets a say, and the plan needs to be well thought out and expertly sold or it will go down in flames. Even if I do everything exactly right, it will not be without controversy.

junkyardjon
11-01-2012, 08:38 PM
my bikes are never put away

Moesride
11-01-2012, 08:52 PM
It's over for me when the salt hits the road. I'll ride up until then. Fucking winter!! :fu2:

Gas Man
11-01-2012, 11:37 PM
It's over for me when the salt hits the road. I'll ride up until then. Fucking winter!! :fu2:

Yeah I'm with ya Moe.

Kosher... let us know... we'll help sway her. Just have her check out my bike in full Ultra form. That will do it!

Remo
11-02-2012, 06:50 PM
I put about 500 miles on the bike last winter. This year I will most likely be giving up early. Thinking about winterizing next week.

RedneckMedic
11-02-2012, 07:04 PM
I'm thinking about putting it up soon. Actually im going to dons site to order a tender right meow.

Moesride
11-02-2012, 08:59 PM
I actually wen't into BB's and bought a set of soft lowers yesterday. I figured it would help keep me a little warmer.

SportstersPaul
11-02-2012, 09:03 PM
I'm with greg, (Sprink), mine stay out all year, when they're running!

Mudpuppy
11-05-2012, 01:55 PM
Yeah, if it were up to me, I'd just do it. But my fabulous wife (and she truly is fabulous) gets a say, and the plan needs to be well thought out and expertly sold or it will go down in flames. Even if I do everything exactly right, it will not be without controversy.

Ain't that the truth.. never easy.. but it is, at least in my case with my fun governor, easy for her to buy a $500 dress and $200 shoes to wear once to a fucking wedding.. I guess it's a good thing having a fun governor or I'd be out of control doing booty bumps all weekend and then eating fucking ramen noodles the rest of the week..

I'm thinking about putting it up soon. Actually im going to dons site to order a tender right meow.

Did you say MEOW?!!??! I can't pull over anymore.

Kosher
11-05-2012, 03:15 PM
Ain't that the truth.. never easy.. but it is, at least in my case with my fun governor, easy for her to buy a $500 dress and $200 shoes to wear once to a fucking wedding.. I guess it's a good thing having a fun governor or I'd be out of control doing booty bumps all weekend and then eating fucking ramen noodles the rest of the week..

The challenge here is that she's one of the least acquisitive people I know. Its not that shes against acquisitiveness, she's just not that way - not a big jewelry/clothes hound.

The plan involves selling my M5, trading up my King for an RGU, and investing in updating a room or two in the house she's been wanting to do. But she's smarter than to see it as a package, she'd just want me to sell the M5, update the rooms and keep the cash. Woot. <sigh>

Nobody
11-06-2012, 01:18 AM
Did you say MEOW?!!??! I can't pull over anymore.

Do I look like a cat to you boy? Am I jumping around all nimbly-bimbly from tree to tree?

Gas Man
11-06-2012, 08:51 AM
Kosher... is your M5 a daily driver or another toy?

Kosher
11-06-2012, 09:09 AM
Kosher... is your M5 a daily driver or another toy?

Another toy that I cant use in the winter.

Since you asked: http://keithhu.smugmug.com/Other/M5/E39-2002-M5/14108384_9GWkC#!i=1039874400&k=tHnn6

Its an 02 M5, pristine 54,500 miles - no door dings or curb rash. Some minor rock chips in the front, hard to see unless you are up close. ZERO curb rash on the wheels, they are flawless.

Always stored in winter, never seen snow or salt.

I have some service records up to 06, and of course what I've done.

New clutch at 43K (I have the receipt, but was before I bought it)

I've done:
Beast Power aluminum sway bar brackets (http://www.beastpower.com/p/bmw/beastpower-rear/TC-BE39-RSBB) (stock brackets always break, these are bullet proof, will outlive the armageddon, LOL)
New Belts, thrust arm bushings, mid-frame exhaust mounts.

Comes with 2010 navigation CDs, fitted indoor cover, battery tender, rubber mats, flawless original carpet mats, and a custom foil windshield cover.

Asking $23K.

Gas Man
11-06-2012, 11:32 AM
Looks great man. Love M anything from BMW

Moesride
11-06-2012, 06:01 PM
Nice Beemer Kosher ! Really like the gray color!

RedneckMedic
11-06-2012, 07:00 PM
Got the tender in from don and have it on the bike now. So I'm good to go for whenever just need to do a quick clean and add the seafoam when I decide it's going to be sitting for a while.

Gas Man
11-06-2012, 11:28 PM
Yeah I have to do sea foam, clean/wax, and oil change.

Mudpuppy
11-07-2012, 11:39 AM
can you do that on mine too chris? thanks..

Gas Man
11-07-2012, 10:33 PM
can you do that on mine too chris? thanks..

Sure. Bring it over.

Mudpuppy
11-09-2012, 10:50 AM
Sure. Bring it over.

If you mean by bring it over take it to Howell where I am storing it for winter it is already there - just waiting on you.

Gas Man
11-09-2012, 11:46 AM
No I meant to my garage. I try diligently to not work else where than my garage.

Mudpuppy
11-09-2012, 01:50 PM
I knew what you meant, lol

Gas Man
11-09-2012, 06:56 PM
I knew what you meant, lol

I know.

Mudpuppy
11-12-2012, 10:12 AM
Well I got the bike all winterized yesterday so 1 less thing to worry about. Fucking front stand was a pain in the ass but got it to work - finally. A longer pin and some washers - done deal. Seafoam in, tires off the ground and battery out and in my house. Good to go. Time of death 11:43am. Will revive in spring.

Moesride
11-12-2012, 06:31 PM
[QUOTE=Mudpuppy;38560]Well I got the bike all winterized yesterday so 1 less thing to worry about. Time of death 11:43am. Ok.......that was funny Paul! :lmao:

Gas Man
11-13-2012, 12:46 PM
Good job Paul!

Mudpuppy
11-13-2012, 05:01 PM
I'm still a big giant pussy for not riding until AT LEAST November 15. But you know how it goes. I hate having a massive project with no end in sight. I must get it done ASAP or it will drive me crazy all fucking winter and even leach into spring. Fuck that.

Gas Man
11-13-2012, 06:26 PM
I hear ya on that. Sometimes you have to do what you have to do.