PDA

View Full Version : Mod season of 2012/13... what are you doing?

Gas Man
10-18-2012, 11:54 PM
What do you have plans of doing to your ride?

I know I'm working on some more powder, big blinker mods for front & rear, and a few other surprises...

You?

Bagger Dave
10-19-2012, 07:16 AM
still working on getting a Ultra :rockwoot:

Thruxtonbill
10-19-2012, 09:09 AM
New paint for me.

Remo
10-19-2012, 01:05 PM
Hoping to find a bike now that I can fix up and sell in spring. As for the daily rider; not much, maybe a set of race baffles to help her exhale a little batter.

leebo
10-19-2012, 04:53 PM
Brake job with nu rotor,new header.

alhall88
10-19-2012, 05:32 PM
Nothing on my bike but I'm getting a friends 92 FXR for a winter project to keep me busy

Gas Man
10-19-2012, 06:29 PM
Nice guys... I know I always have to have something to do so I can spend some time with my two wheel hobby.

Al, that sounds nice. Make up a thread on that with some pics. Like a blog. I'm sure we'd all enjoy that.

Moesride
10-19-2012, 10:14 PM
I have a few other parts I'd like to powder and I plan on gettin rid of the football air cleaner cover. I have a harley stage 1 on the SG and I'm looking for a round style custom cover. I'm open for suggestions.......

RedneckMedic
10-19-2012, 11:47 PM
The roland sands covers are the best looking imo

RedneckMedic
10-19-2012, 11:48 PM
I plan on some 16 in gangster apes in black and some new pipes and a tuner by spring

Gas Man
10-20-2012, 01:21 AM
All great ideas boys... be sure to take some pics and make your own thread.

I really don't know of any great ideas for air cleaners. I like the elbows and open filters for looks, but don't like having to cover it in the rain. I don't really like most of the round ones... but as rugby said, the RSD, are the best looking and IMO the only way to make it look good.

Moesride
10-20-2012, 05:53 PM
Yah....the rain issue is kinda holding me back. Don't really want to add any more "issues" to deal with .
Good idea on making your own threads on your Mods......looking forward to them.

Gas Man
10-20-2012, 06:18 PM
That's my thing Moe. Just seems like a pain.

Bagger Dave
11-13-2012, 09:05 PM
still working on getting a Ultra :rockwoot:

picked it up 10/27/12 :whoop:
already started my own thread...:rockwoot:

http://www.twowheelmichigan.com/showthread.php?4040-Finally-got-my-new-scoot!!&highlight=finally+scoot

(http://www.twowheelmichigan.com/showthread.php?4040-Finally-got-my-new-scoot!!&highlight=finally+scoot)

Kosher
11-13-2012, 09:10 PM
Once I get my FLTRU (still working on the deal), I'm planning on turning what should be quite an easy job of putting lower shocks on it, into a ridiculous saga, which is how many of my mods turn out.

But mostly I'll be spending some time putting the crap on that I will be taking off my old bike. Mirrors, derby cover (love that thing), shifter peg (with heel shifter delete), seat, run/turn/brake module, shift linkage, backrest, higway pegs, inner primary cover trim.

Also will likely be putting on the Kury LED license plate relo (http://www.kuryakyn.com/Products/1457/LED-Lighted-Curved-License-Plate-Frame) jobby, flash the ECM with a Power Vision, and put on a Fuel Moto A/C.

RedneckMedic
11-13-2012, 09:43 PM
Once I get my FLTRU (still working on the deal), I'm planning on turning what should be quite an easy job of putting lower shocks on it, into a ridiculous saga, which is how many of my mods turn out.

But mostly I'll be spending some time putting the crap on that I will be taking off my old bike. Mirrors, derby cover (love that thing), shifter peg (with heel shifter delete), seat, run/turn/brake module, shift linkage, backrest, higway pegs, inner primary cover trim.

Also will likely be putting on the Kury LED license plate relo (http://www.kuryakyn.com/Products/1457/LED-Lighted-Curved-License-Plate-Frame) jobby, flash the ECM with a Power Vision, and put on a Fuel Moto A/C.

Are you taking the pipes off the road king or are you for sure going with the CFR's

Kosher
11-13-2012, 09:56 PM
Are you taking the pipes off the road king or are you for sure going with the CFR's

I'm not doing fishtails on the new bike.

I'm struggling with the exhaust decision. CFR's are high flowing compared to most, Fuel Moto recommends a tune, and I'm not up for that.

I was thinking of either Rush or American Customs.

Gas Man
11-13-2012, 10:02 PM
I like american customs for the adjusting sound ability.

Kosher
11-13-2012, 10:04 PM
I like american customs for the adjusting sound ability.

I dont plan on doing much adjusting. I want something just short of obnoxious.

Been listening on American Custom's web site and YouTube, the "Deep Growl" (no baffles) sound great. Good price too.

ABI
11-13-2012, 10:21 PM
If I get spare time I'm going to try and get this 1983 FLH more road worthy. Just bought it a couple weeks ago. Needs a ton of cleaning and rewiring. Maybe put a kickstart on it for some starting insurance. Re-paint, different seat, maybe new pipes... the list goes on
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o316/JAGATES14/1983%20FLH/IMG_7203.jpg

Kosher
11-13-2012, 10:27 PM
If I get spare time I'm going to try and get this 1983 FLH more road worthy. Just bought it a couple weeks ago. Needs a ton of cleaning and rewiring. Maybe put a kickstart on it for some starting insurance. Re-paint, different seat, maybe new pipes... the list goes on

Sounds fun, keep us posted with pics

Gas Man
11-13-2012, 10:43 PM
I dont plan on doing much adjusting. I want something just short of obnoxious.

Been listening on American Custom's web site and YouTube, the "Deep Growl" (no baffles) sound great. Good price too.

Yep... plus they give you money back if you send them your stockies!

Gas Man
11-13-2012, 10:43 PM

Looks like a great bike!!

Bagger Dave
11-13-2012, 10:53 PM
I'm not doing fishtails on the new bike.

I'm struggling with the exhaust decision. CFR's are high flowing compared to most, Fuel Moto recommends a tune, and I'm not up for that.

I had the CFR's on my bike for a couple weeks with the stock pipes and it sounded good compared to the stock slip ons...then when I went with the true duals...Wow!! big difference!...man I love that sound!:rockwoot:sounds bad ass! bike runs awesome with the V&H dresser duals CRF slip ons..Fuel Moto Stage 1 air cleaner with billet backing plate(black finish) and the Commander V tuner! I love this fukin Bike!!

sprink
11-14-2012, 05:41 PM
I had the CFR's on my bike for a couple weeks with the stock pipes and it sounded good compared to the stock slip ons...then when I went with the true duals...Wow!! big difference!...man I love that sound!:rockwoot:sounds bad ass! bike runs awesome with the V&H dresser duals CRF slip ons..Fuel Moto Stage 1 air cleaner with billet backing plate(black finish) and the Commander V tuner! I love this fukin Bike!!

Sounds like you have done your mods! Nice!

I have a couple things to do (really a lot) for the Buell. Waiting until it snows me to a stop to start. Need an air cleaner. Hope to find a quieter muffler, but not holding my breath. Will go through the front shocks and have a rear shock rebuilt but I am not sure if it will be mine or a replacement.

Bagger Dave
11-14-2012, 05:48 PM
Sounds like you have done your mods! Nice!

I have a couple things to do (really a lot) for the Buell. Waiting until it snows me to a stop to start. Need an air cleaner. Hope to find a quieter muffler, but not holding my breath. Will go through the front shocks and have a rear shock rebuilt but I am not sure if it will be mine or a replacement.
yeah...I'm doing my detachable tour pak kit at Chris's on Monday, and a couple other things...
good luck on your mod's...:rockwoot:

Mudpuppy
11-15-2012, 12:16 PM
I am building a battery storage unit. A place suitable to store my battery. It's only going to cost about $10,000 but it is well worth it. A bedroom, kid's play area, TV room and a storage room (where the battery will be). That is my mod season mod. Take it and like it (that's what I tell Mrs. MP).