PDA

View Full Version : The next biker build off

Gas Man
10-09-2012, 09:38 PM
saw this on the web today..

December 11, 2012 in a 2-hour special on the Discovery Channel

Jesse James, Paul Jr, Paul Sr and the 2 guys of Gas Monkey Garage (Richard Rawlings & Aaron Kaufman currently starring in “Fast N’ Loud” on the same channel) will compete with each other in a 4-way bike build-off.

It's already started and each party has a crazy 5-week real time work schedule.

Should be very interesting to watch with very different personalities compete in this first 4-way build-off.

RedneckMedic
10-09-2012, 11:22 PM
Gas monkey and jesse james is the only competition. Paul jr and sr will build the same bull shit they always do with a different paint job. Every week we watch it at work jr starts talking about what he wants to do and its always always the same pro street low tank kinda bike. at least last week sr is building himself a bad ass 70's style chopper.

Bagger Dave
10-10-2012, 07:11 AM
I will be checking that shit out! :dthumb:

Gas Man
10-10-2012, 10:08 AM
Well I really can't stand JJ anymore so I'm putting my money on Gas Monkey. I just wish they would have dumped JJ and Sr/Jr for Counts Kustoms in Vegas, and then picked up another builder. Counts vs Gas Monkey is a good comparisons.

horrorbusiness
10-10-2012, 10:13 AM
Gas monkey sells tshirts and bolts stuff together , this won't go well for them.

RedneckMedic
10-10-2012, 12:20 PM
Gas monkey sells tshirts and bolts stuff together , this won't go well for them.

How is that any different than occ or jr. designs. And gas monkey is in the business of making money. Any time they go all out on a build they do it right.

Thruxtonbill
10-10-2012, 12:47 PM
How bout a real ridable bike from any of them, I'm sorry but I'm sooo sick of choppers, my god they've been done to death. Three wheeled....nope, not a bike IMO. Bobbers are cool, baggers can be very cool if done right, yet to see a cafe on a build off yet or a streetfighter.
I must say out of the four I am compelled at JRs work the most, at least it's inovative and outside the box, although most of his stuff you could not ride for more then an hour.

horrorbusiness
10-10-2012, 02:42 PM
How is that any different than occ or jr. designs. And gas monkey is in the business of making money. Any time they go all out on a build they do it right.

They cut a lot of corners, go back and look at the impala. They wanted 50 large and didn't paint the underside of the hood. The build off will be fun to watch, but craftmenship will be out da window.

Gas Man
10-10-2012, 03:24 PM
Discovery Site on it
http://dsc.discovery.com/show-news/are-you-ready-for-chopper-lives-fearsome-foursome.html

Bagger Dave
10-10-2012, 08:51 PM
Well I really can't stand JJ anymore so I'm putting my money on Gas Monkey. I just wish they would have dumped JJ and Sr/Jr for Counts Kustoms in Vegas, and then picked up another builder. Counts vs Gas Monkey is a good comparisons.

I was watching a thing on Counts Kustoms a while back...it showed the bike that they built for Vince Neil of Motley Crue...they have some cool wheel designs also!:rockwoot:

Nobody
10-11-2012, 04:58 PM
I'd rather see them grab relative 'unknowns' like LowBrow , instead of dragging out the 15min hasbeens.

RedneckMedic
11-14-2012, 05:20 PM
hilarious!!!!!!:poke::lol:

iypexd34-Aw

Gas Man
11-14-2012, 07:33 PM
I can't stand the fact that they are making these guys act out stupid shit... act like an asshat for ratings BS.

Thruxtonbill
11-14-2012, 08:22 PM
I'd rather see them grab relative 'unknowns' like LowBrow , instead of dragging out the 15min hasbeens.

Bam!

RedneckMedic
12-12-2012, 03:16 PM
Well Jr. won his bike was ok but it seems like if he doesn't have a "Theme" he can't build a bike. I really like the v-twin style sport bikes that Sr. and JJ built and always have since I saw Roland sands do a similar one for the biker build off. GMG came in second and I voted for them since they rode there bike 1300 miles to the build off. It wasn't a crazy custom but one guy built it in 4 1/2 weeks and I really liked it so I voted for them. No body though did what anyone on the biker build shows used to build. I would love to see that show come back on and once a year do an all start build with the winners. It would expose the world to other builders its just too bad Indian Larry wouldn't be able to participate again.

Thruxtonbill
12-12-2012, 04:08 PM
I watched that pathetic POS for a build off:skep:
First off why do they have to label it the "Chopper build off"? The percentage of motorcycle riders who ride a chopper are quite small, there was only one chopper so I guess that means little.
Why did I watch it?
Why is JJ such an idiot? Or is it an act? Or is he retarded? How did he land a Hollywood actress?
Why are the hosts and the production of a build off show so hokey?
Why did I watch it?
Why did GMG have a pink bike?
Why did OCC have a goofy over done springer front end on an otherwise pretty cool motorcycle?
Why does Sr not see that he comes off as a roid infested ego maniac that no one can stand?
Why did I watch it?
Why did the voting consist of the public, as 90% of them have never owned or even riddin a bike?
Why didn't the show have more info on the bikes and less drama?
Why didn't JJ win?
Besides GMG he built the only real world bike. GMG didn't deserve to win, I mean props for riding there and coming up with a bike in a month on a shoestring budget but.....no. JJs bike was bad ass and it's the only one I'd feel safe riding, and I hate that goofball.

Bagger Dave
12-12-2012, 04:14 PM
what a joke! :td: JJ built a cool bike...
GMG didn't really build a bike....they just restored one...and fukin pink!?:wtf:
would have like to see JJ win...but all of them are arrogant fukers!
oh well...had some time to kil :lmao::fu2:

RedneckMedic
12-12-2012, 04:52 PM
what a joke! :td: JJ built a cool bike...GMG didn't really build a bike....they just restored one...and fukin pink!?:wtf:would have like to see JJ win...but all of them are arrogant fukers!oh well...had some time to kil :lmao::fu2:Yeah it was pink but i liked it because it was the same color as the donor bike. Yeah they didnt build a custom but i think they went out and had fun i followed them on there fb page and richard was posting stuff all day and i think they truelly had fun and thats what bikes are about.

ABI
12-12-2012, 05:26 PM
No surprise on the winner to me. He built a nice bike that appealed to the masses. I liked all the bikes, probably GMG bike the best because it's something I or any other modder could have done and they actually rode it. I wish these so-called competitions had a fixed budget. I found it strange that JJ and the Discovery channel kept referring to JJ bike as something so new and unique. He built a 15 year old Buell tuber, not saying it wasn't nice but definitely not new.

horrorbusiness
12-12-2012, 07:41 PM
It was a good show to watch on dvr

Thruxtonbill
12-12-2012, 08:17 PM
It was a good show to watch on dvr

AHH yes the FF......well played sir.

zamochit
12-13-2012, 06:04 PM
I didnt vote but was partial to the shovelhead build. Shovels rule!!

Gas Man
12-13-2012, 08:17 PM
The problem with GMG is that they didn't bring a show bike of that caliber. They brought a knife to a gun fight. I respect them for what they did and that they rode it from Dallas to Vegas but it just didn't have the show factor. I think they got 2nd for a few reasons. The underdogs, they rode it there, people as a consensus don't like Sr, JJ couldn't finish his bike in time...

Brings me to JJ... he's an arrogant asshole. I am at the point that I can't stand him. His bike was real nice...

But so was Sr's bike. I actually think that Sr should have took 2nd.

PJD just knows how to make a show stopper bike. It's not a riding bike, but neither was JJ's or Sr's.