PDA

View Full Version : Need a little help with trans and cam covers

Moesride
10-07-2012, 07:34 PM
I would like to take the outer trans cover off to have the chrome powdercoated black but I just don't know what to expect when I take the bolts off. The clutch cable runs right in there and i've never done this before so.... I'm not going to do it unless anyone off you guys can give me a little step by step. Same with the cam cover......Any help would be greatly appreciated fellas, and thx!

Gas Man
10-08-2012, 01:49 PM
I can not comment too much on this with personal expierence... but I do have a service manual that will probably put some insight. I can check that when I'm home if you would like.

Mudpuppy
10-08-2012, 02:29 PM
I say take it to Chris' house, let him smoke you up some grub and you can sit down, relax and eat while he works on your bike. That is what I would do.

Mad Dog
10-08-2012, 03:48 PM
Now THAT, sounds like a man with a plan!:iagree:

I say take it to Chris' house, let him smoke you up some grub and you can sit down, relax and eat while he works on your bike. That is what I would do.

RedneckMedic
10-08-2012, 04:05 PM
I would get a service manual but all that should come out when you take the covers off would be fluid seeing as they are just covers.

alhall88
10-08-2012, 06:25 PM
its a piece of cake, had mine off to replace the clutch cable when I changed my bars out. Just loosen the clutch cable, back off the adjuster and just pay attention when you take the ball and ramp assembly off. 100 year old design no different from a softail type evo trans.

Gas Man
10-08-2012, 09:11 PM
That's what I was worried about Al... if it was any different than the evo stuff. I haven't pulled those covers on a TC.

Moesride
10-08-2012, 10:24 PM
its a piece of cake, had mine off to replace the clutch cable when I changed my bars out. Just loosen the clutch cable, back off the adjuster and just pay attention when you take the ball and ramp assembly off. 100 year old design no different from a softail type evo trans. Good enough Al.......that's what I wanted to know. Thanks! I'm going to take it apart after the chili fest.

Gas Man
10-09-2012, 06:07 AM
You have been hooked... powder crazy!!!

I'll send you the club welcome package when I get home! :lol: