PDA

View Full Version : Proposal 2

Caveman
10-05-2012, 10:39 AM
as a union member I would recommend voting YES on 2 Please help your fellows to make it possible to never allow Collective Bargaining to be put in question again. It is one of our greatest tools to keep the big guys from putting their hand in our pocket to make thiers fatter.

Soapbox stepped off and put away. That is all

Caveman

RedneckMedic
10-05-2012, 10:40 AM
agreed.

Chain
10-05-2012, 11:37 AM
I feel that this protects grossly over paid State workers in certain departments (and if it can be miss used in any regard, It is off my "yes" list). Excessive public employee benefits are destroying the finances of local and state governments nationwide, It's in the news almost daily.

Here are the all the proposals.

http://www.michigan.gov/documents/Statewide_Bal_Prop_Status_145801_7.pdf

Hawgrider
10-05-2012, 12:30 PM
Raised my family on union wages. Sure as hell didnt get rich.
Kept my family healthy on union benefits.
I earned it.
I deserved it.
My employer got a fair days work for a fair days pay plus they got 29 of the best years of my life.
Vote to protect collective bargaining!
If your jealous of union wages and benefits that we negotiated over the last 29 years then quit your loser job and get a good one. We earned what we have.
NO I do NOT have anything to do with the UAW.

Chain
10-05-2012, 12:49 PM
Raised my family on union wages. Sure as hell didnt get rich.
Kept my family healthy on union benefits.
I earned it.
I deserved it.
My employer got a fair days work for a fair days pay plus they got 29 of the best years of my life.
Vote to protect collective bargaining!
If your jealous of union wages and benefits that we negotiated over the last 29 years then quit your loser job and get a good one. We earned what we have.
NO I do NOT have anything to do with the UAW.

I didn't say anything negative here..... Your confrontational reply is surprising, as I didn't think it was PROPOSAL 2 or FUK OFF!!!

I am entitled to my own opinion. As are you, and I respect that, and in return I'd expect the same.

As for my "loser job" I will guarantee it's far from that.... I'd happily compare in private over a beer, if you'd demand such. "WE" is a very relative word... you use it loosely. A good portion of my friends and close family work, or worked for the state or GM/OLDs. So I do have a little insight... And never had a beef with any of them on any issue we may agree or disagree.

I am sorry for you, if I offended you.

Hawgrider
10-05-2012, 01:44 PM
I didn't say anything negative here..... Your confrontational reply is surprising, as I didn't think it was PROPOSAL 2 or FUK OFF!!!

I am entitled to my own opinion. As are you, and I respect that, and in return I'd expect the same.

As for my "loser job" I will guarantee it's far from that.... I'd happily compare in private over a beer, if you'd demand such. "WE" is a very relative word... you use it loosely. A good portion of my friends and close family work, or worked for the state or GM/OLDs. So I do have a little insight... And never had a beef with any of them on any issue we may agree or disagree.

I am sorry for you, if I offended you.

Easy there big fella I didn't quote you therefore it makes my statement a general Statement. Feeling guilty ? Take it easy. Although your statement does sound like it leans to not approving of unions. But none the less I don't hide my thoughts and those were my thoughts. And if my thoughts offend anybody bummer. Me being confrontational about things I believe in should be no surprise. There are union haters everywhere in this state now because of the UAW and most recently the attacks on teachers in this state. Am I a little touchy about the union haters ? Yes. Im 3 years away from 32 years of service and retirement and tricky DICK!!! is trying to fuck me out of the promise that the state of Michigan made to me 29 years ago. I earned every freaking penny of my pension.

Chain
10-05-2012, 02:19 PM
Didn't quote me, just directly after my post, and not one thing was said prior to the contrary about prop2... sounds like your a little on the "Tricky Dicky" side??? I guess I need to spell out such things so there are NO conclusions or assumptions...

I DON'T HATE UNIONS!!!!!

There better? BIG GUY!

Chain
10-05-2012, 02:21 PM
Easy there big fella I didn't quote you therefore it makes my statement a general Statement. Feeling guilty ? Take it easy. Although your statement does sound like it leans to not approving of unions. But none the less I don't hide my thoughts and those were my thoughts. And if my thoughts offend anybody bummer. Me being confrontational about things I believe in should be no surprise. There are union haters everywhere in this state now because of the UAW and most recently the attacks on teachers in this state. Am I a little touchy about the union haters ? Yes. Im 3 years away from 32 years of service and retirement and tricky DICK!!! is trying to fuck me out of the promise that the state of Michigan made to me 29 years ago. I earned every freaking penny of my pension.

Didn't quote me, just directly after my post, and not one thing was said prior to the contrary about prop2... sounds like your a little on the "Tricky Dicky" side??? I guess I need to spell out such things so there are NO conclusions or assumptions...

I DON'T HATE UNIONS!!!!!

There better? BIG FELLA!

leebo
10-05-2012, 04:11 PM
Im votin YES "1 man 1 vote"

WILEY
10-05-2012, 05:27 PM
Cant go with this one.

I think Collective bargaining can be good, but dont think it belongs in the Constitution.

Gas Man
10-05-2012, 09:17 PM
Can somebody explain why any of this needs to be in a constitution? Is the state version just a catch all?

Chain, thanks for the pdf. That was nice.

As far as unions. I like unions for the most part. The problem is that so many of them are corrupt as hell. They taint the purity of the rest of them. That being said, it's one of those laws that you almost have to back up. I have friends in the Detroit Police Dept, and it's one of the most corrupt PDs in the state. However, the union isn't allow to strike because they are cops, but the state law says the city is suppose to uphold the contract, which they aren't. So then what? This doesn't pass, they'll just break the union. It's BS.

junkyardjon
10-07-2012, 10:34 AM
so no right to work state then? every state should be a right to work state ! unions are way over rated anymore and have no place in the work place nowadays. now some might say i hate unions and don't know nothing about them... you would be correct on half of it lol. i worked for a union for a few years that i will never get back and it was complete bull shit. just the mind set of some union workers is enough for me to leave that dead end union job.

sprink
10-07-2012, 04:39 PM
I like motorcycle forums better when they don't have politics.......

leebo
10-07-2012, 04:56 PM
Amen brother! How bout them tigers !

Mad Dog
10-07-2012, 05:07 PM
Bills are tied with San Fran at 3.......

leebo
10-07-2012, 05:24 PM
Greenbay and indy was a really good one.

Gas Man
10-07-2012, 05:35 PM
I like motorcycle forums better when they don't have politics.......

True... and that's why I put these in the Alley. In case you just want to avoid these things...

I left them like that, only because so many like to debate things... I want more activity so I'll let them have at it. As long as they don't start attacking each other.

Mad Dog
10-07-2012, 07:27 PM
45-3 San Fran over the Bills....Go figure:rockwoot:

Mudpuppy
10-08-2012, 09:55 AM
I like real life when there is no politics or organized religion..

Gas Man
10-08-2012, 01:52 PM
I like real life when there is no politics or organized religion..

Is that you heavon?

Mudpuppy
10-08-2012, 02:37 PM
no but if heaven ain't alot like deeetroit i don't wanna go..