PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Annuall Northern Michigan Meet

ChefC14
10-01-2012, 04:01 PM
You're right... packing heat. IR always is.

This was a few weekends back... used it as a homework run for a better UP trip next year.

Chris,
This is the trip I started planning for next year. I was going to go to the Smokies next year but the guys I went with asked me to plan a second annual Northern Michigan Meet. I put a little thought into it and decided to do it. I had a blast last year, this is a good group of people. It would appear at this time that we're going to slow the pace a bit because most everyone wants to bring wives along. Hell, my wife is planning to go. This means I don't camp and I stay in motel rooms and maybe get a little lovin at night. I usually like to ride alone but as I said I had a good time with this group last year. We'll have 300 mile days, fires and brewskies at night and the BS will be flying. I was going to wait til next summer to toss it on your board but since I saw you were doing some scouting I thought I'd throw it on here, you're more than welcome to come along. Be sure to check out the maps on Google. Of course the shirts I had my friend design will have Suzuki M109's on them and there will be one with a Concours for me. :)
http://www.m109riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=160941
The picture I'm using for my avatar is close to the final shirt so you have an idea. I'll be pre-selling them before the meet.

Gas Man
10-01-2012, 05:44 PM
It looks good Chef... let's move this to it's own thread.

ChefC14
10-18-2012, 01:16 AM
Here's a little slideshow video I made from last years event.
https://vimeo.com/49678410

Gas Man
10-18-2012, 11:47 AM
Yeah I'm game for this if able.

ChefC14
05-12-2013, 02:51 PM
Bump, time is getting closer. If you might want to go you better get a room soon. The hotels will sell out for
July.

Gas Man
05-12-2013, 04:23 PM
I totally forgot about this... damnit

ChefC14
05-13-2013, 09:13 AM
Yeah, I know it fell in the pages. At this time I know of 7 bikes that are committed and about 5 more that want to go. One of the guys called the hotel in Silver City and they said they were over half booked, the one in Alanson is too. I've made my reservations and won't change them unless wifey changes her mind about going. If she changes her mind I'll drop the rooms and camp. I had a blast camping last year and it was a hell of a lot cheaper.

Gas Man
05-13-2013, 11:58 AM
Camping is more fun and cheaper... but it also requires different packing.

ChefC14
05-13-2013, 02:38 PM
Yup, for one it requires me to leave the wife at home.

Gas Man
05-13-2013, 06:04 PM
Yeah that too sometimes.