PDA

View Full Version : Darkside Lumilor Paint

Gas Man
09-26-2012, 11:44 AM
Electroluminescent Paint

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=vUHVjYHk85g#!

OMG I bet this is the next thing!!

RedneckMedic
09-26-2012, 03:43 PM
It would be cooler if the design didn't show up until the light was on and otherwise just looked like a black paint job

Nobody
09-28-2012, 07:57 PM
It would be cooler if the design didn't show up until the light was on and otherwise just looked like a black paint job

few coats of tint could fix that.

I'm geeked about this stuff. it'll solve a lighting situation I was brooding over and developing something for, for my sporty when I get around to chop her.

Also would be kind of slick to run complex patterns in animation or have the whol bike light up when you hit the breaks.

junkyardjon
09-28-2012, 10:43 PM
i can see alot of people getting tickets for their lighted paint jobs at night unless it's red or amber.

Nobody
09-29-2012, 04:42 AM
i can see alot of people getting tickets for their lighted paint jobs at night unless it's red or amber.

as long as it's not flashing and/or red + blue combos, it porbably wont be an issue. I had a friend that would get harrassed for the blue lights in his ground FX kit, for suposedly "might get confused for a cop car" Though I have still yet to see a 5-O with it's undercarriage light up like a X-mass tree

Chain
06-05-2014, 01:26 PM
Hope this isn't already posted...

NOT for me, but in a way it's kinda neat!

http://www.wimp.com/lumilorpaint/

Thruxtonbill
06-05-2014, 02:42 PM
Not my cup of tea either but it is pretty cool.

Moesride
06-05-2014, 02:53 PM
Wouldn't much care for that on my bike or any bike for that matter, but if it can be implemented pretty much on anything and anywhere, these guys may do very well with this paint system.

Mudpuppy
06-05-2014, 04:00 PM
Pretty fuggin cool

Klimoman
06-05-2014, 08:31 PM
Pretty cool.....

junkyardjon
06-05-2014, 09:29 PM
it is cool but not new. I can see people getting pulled over for having it on riding down the road.

Bagger Dave
06-06-2014, 06:53 AM
Coolio! :rockwoot:

Mudpuppy
06-06-2014, 11:32 AM
For me personally I agree it's not my cup of tea. My checklist when doing anything to the bike is this:

1. Is it necessary? Like oil, spark plugs, air filter, valve retainers, etc. If the answer is yes then consider it done.
2. Will it help the handling / control of the bike? Same - answer yes and I have the budget then it is done.

Aesthetic type of stuff to "look cool" or parking lot pimp or whatever are really low priority to me - that is all money I could spend on track days, tires, trips to Hocking Hills, new gear, etc. And power mods are low priority too - everyone wants to go faster or have more power but they don't even know how to use the power they have. I'll be the first to admit - stock out of the box the R1 with zero mods is WAY more bike than I will ever use. So anything added to that is just a waste of money.

Caveman
06-06-2014, 02:15 PM
definitely a form over function mod but if it was done tastefully with a specific subtle paint job then I would go for it if the price was right.

Gas Man
06-06-2014, 04:57 PM
It is cool.

I merged it with the original thread...