PDA

View Full Version : Easy Squeeze Handlebar or Reduced Clutch Reach Handlebar by HD

Gas Man
09-24-2012, 09:46 PM
I'm not sure this will fix it for most...

http://www.harley-davidson.com/media/images/hd/common/hd_spacer_e204.gif
Spend less effort reaching for the clutch and more time enjoying your ride. Designed to shorten the reach to the clutch lever, this unique handlebar features an offset clutch-side grip that moves the palm 1/2'' closer to the controls. The position provides improved leverage and permits the rider to reach the clutch lever with the stronger part of the hand. The result? An easier pull on the clutch and reduced hand fatigue while riding in traffic. Shaped as direct replacements for the Original Equipment bar, installation requires no changes in cables or brake lines on specified models. Kit includes left-hand grip styled to match Original Equipment rubber throttle-side grip.

Nobody
09-26-2012, 04:35 AM
off set leaver would be a better solution. this might make the reach easier but negativly impacts what you're gripping when not pulling the clutch

Gas Man
09-26-2012, 10:44 AM
Plus they have easy pull ball ramp replacements to aid with clutch pull effort.

Maybe this will help women or other people with smaller hands... where it's not so much about effort as it is distance.

Nobody
09-28-2012, 08:01 PM
only problem with the easy-pull ramps is (well used to be) that they don't always move far enough to get proper disengagement. I had to yank the one in my sporty that the prev owner put in so his wife could pull it because it would hang frequently

Gas Man
09-29-2012, 12:29 AM
So it would crawl? Couldn't adjust it out with the clutch adjustment (not to be confused with freeplay adjustment)???

Nobody
09-29-2012, 04:38 AM
physical movement of distance between the ramps, not the freeplay or drag/tension of the pull.