PDA

View Full Version : Saddle bag extensions?

Moesride
09-07-2012, 12:31 AM
Always liked the extended drag ass look on the saddlebags. So I went into Biker B's today and bought the extensions. Ill get about an 1 1/2 " up front and 3" in the rear longer in length. These are about a quarter the cost of getting new one piece extended bags which I would not even think of spending money on. My bikes Flat black so I can paint it myself... i'm thinkin a can of flat black paint right! or might have a pro. painter do it ..IDK? Any likes or dislikes? I'd like to here it.

RedneckMedic
09-07-2012, 01:49 AM
I hear not a lot of people are happy with these because they don't line up with the fender right in the rear. I thought about trying them too and would like to see pics.

When you paint them take a look at the john deer flat black. It matches the paint perfect and no need to try and mess with the denim clear from harley because even the pros have a hard time matching the color. It takes the right amount of denim clear and hardener to get the right sheen from the paint often causing it to look gray. I hear good things about the JD paint and a lot cheaper as well.

Gas Man
09-07-2012, 07:14 AM
There is also a less extended version tht only drops them to even up with the rear fender tip light. That's what's Rick is doing SOON with his 26" front wheel. But he's also having the extensions glassed in.

Moesride
09-13-2012, 07:14 PM
Thanks for the info Rug..Gman....... I ended up canceling the extentions and went with the full CVO abs bags. Just the lowers since I'll be using the lids and hardware of the stockers. Should have them by Monday....at the painters now. I really had to twist my arm on throwing coin at these......problem is, when I set my mind on a bike mod, I't won't leave my mind unless I do it.....Fuck!!

Gas Man
09-13-2012, 09:48 PM
I hear ya... I got the ball rolling on some BIG mods for my bike this "mod season".

Chain
09-14-2012, 08:23 AM
Yep, I bought the ABS extended bags also this spring. Just waiting till winter to tear it all down and put them on. Along with the extended rear fender (NOT THE COVER, Whole new fender) I think you'll like the REAL deal better in regards to the bags.

Thing is, you can sell your old lowers for a few hundy, which will take some of the pain away...

RedneckMedic
09-15-2012, 02:45 PM
yep now your going to want a fender as well. I know I do.

Moesride
09-16-2012, 03:44 PM
Yah.....I'm gonna end up selling the stocker bags since I have no use for them now Chain.......As far as the fender goes, I had thought about doing that as well but the guy I'm getting my bags from has a Roadglide with the stocker fender and the cvo bags and it looks Damn good!

I'm picking up my painted and assembled bags up tomorrow. Guy who's doing this for me sent me a pic this morning......he said the painter did an awesome job, painted the whole bag, lowers and lids......we shall see!

Gas Man
09-16-2012, 08:37 PM
And that HD denim paint is hard to do!!!!

Moesride
09-18-2012, 12:52 AM
And that HD denim paint is hard to do!!!! It is hard to do....don't hold me to this because I don't know but I was told that HD did not release a paint code for the 2011 SG denim black. I was also told that the guy that painted my bags has some sort of a camera/computer that zooms in on the existing paint and is able to duplicate it .What I can tell you is that I'm pretty happy with the bags and the paint!

Gas Man
09-18-2012, 03:47 PM
And those extensions are usable space inside?

I know what you mean with the paint matching. How's it look against the stock lids?

Definitely looks good and custom.

Moesride
09-18-2012, 09:32 PM
And those extensions are usable space inside?

I know what you mean with the paint matching. How's it look against the stock lids?

Definitely looks good and custom. Had the Lids painted with the lowers G-man......Did the whole bag so I would get the same paint.

Gas Man
09-19-2012, 01:05 AM
Ok cool. But my point is, how well does it match up with the closest HD paint?

Moesride
09-19-2012, 06:03 PM
Ok cool. But my point is, how well does it match up with the closest HD paint? Don't know much about paint and certainly not familiar with the HD paint. What this guy does to get a match on the paint is he uses Spectrophotometer technology to decipher paint pigments to get an exect match. I guess it gives him the ingredients of the paint.......fuck if I know. You would not be able to tell the bags were added on and painted. The color is dead on!

Gas Man
09-19-2012, 09:58 PM
Color is dead on is what I was wondering. Can't wait to see it!!!

Bagger Dave
09-20-2012, 12:05 AM
Thanks for the info Rug..Gman....... I ended up canceling the extentions and went with the full CVO abs bags. Just the lowers since I'll be using the lids and hardware of the stockers. Should have them by Monday....at the painters now. I really had to twist my arm on throwing coin at these......problem is, when I set my mind on a bike mod, I't won't leave my mind unless I do it.....Fuck!!

found something for ya Moe! :lmao::lmao:
http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x59/davessleeve/LMFAO2_zps7a212250.jpg