PDA

View Full Version : East coast gather

Thruxtonbill
01-29-2009, 12:21 PM
I'm getting closer to confiming my attendance to an event in Boone NC. It's being hosted by a member of the FZ1OA. So far it will be a small gathering (although that could change) It includes the infamous Snake and I can tell you first hand it is awesome, dare I say better then the Dragon (more curves more miles and less cops and bikes).
The mini rally will be held from May 15th to the 17th with reservations at the riders roost MC resort. Arron (VArider) from the FZ1 board is putting all the details together , he is a great guy and will be a good host and guide.
As a member of that board I would like to extend an invatation to all my fellow Mi riders. Also I'm not sure if I will be riding down or trailering, I prefere to trailer and I have a truck with hitch, but no trailer (might rent one) If anyone is intrested please let me know.

Check it out here
http://www.yamahafz1oa.com/forum/showthread.php?t=85713

Thruxtonbill
01-29-2009, 04:09 PM
http://www.ridersroost.com/

detdrbuzzard
01-29-2009, 04:36 PM
sounds like a good time but mom's birthday is may 18 and we are planning a surprise party for her that weekend so i'll have to stay in town

B-Kinger
02-02-2009, 04:09 PM
Thanks for that info Bill, ya never know. I won't know much till that date approaches. What road on that map is the Snake you speak of?

Berto
02-03-2009, 06:57 AM
What road on that map is the Snake you speak of?

I don't think it matters... they all look awesome!

Thruxtonbill
02-03-2009, 08:59 AM
US 421 is the Snake but Berto is right, the roads are all awesome. The highlighted roads are some of the suggested routes for some of the day rides. (fri and sat)
I'm thinking of going down a couple of days early and exploring. Also, the dragon is about 2 hours away, so good roads for miles and miles. Including the BRP.

Bill

Berto
02-03-2009, 01:10 PM
CRAP CRAP CRAP!!!

So I'm talking to the wife about this... she knows I have not done a trip like this in two years and I think I'm in... Sounds like $250 would cover the expense... cheap vacation... woot woot!!!

Then it came...

What date is it?

May 15-17...

Yeah, she is standing in a wedding on the 16th as the maid of honor, and so am I... not as the maid of honor, just a groomsmen... BUT CRAP!!

We will plan the 2WM ride... maybe work with WOS on theirs also... but I want to make it down at least twice this summer!!!

bettyboop1w
02-05-2009, 10:01 AM
those rodes look wonderful and that is my b-day weekend, man..........

Berto
03-12-2009, 03:26 PM
I want to revive this... I want to go here... man, single room for $18... that's better than my camping trip. Plan to head down in late April, early May... any takers? That Rider Roost place looks economic and fun... and those roads... wow...

FZ1Bill...

Bkinger

Doc

Mein

Bob

C'mon people, if not, I'll go at it alone and post pics of my awesome ride!

Thruxtonbill
03-12-2009, 04:48 PM
I really want to go but I just can't commit right now. I will know soon what I can do and what I can't.

Berto
03-13-2009, 11:25 AM
I am booking my first dates probably this weekend. So, I will post once i figure it out...

Hope some of you can make it... But I have to make a trip there this year... it's been too long since I've been.

B-Kinger
03-13-2009, 01:05 PM
I really want to go but I just can't commit right now. I will know soon what I can do and what I can't.
That's our situation as well. Wanna go, and will if we can, but just can't make promises now that I may not be able to keep.

Thruxtonbill
05-17-2009, 10:10 PM
http://picasaweb.google.com/ECGather/GatherPhotos# (http://picasaweb.google.com/ECGather/GatherPhotos#)

Some pics from this weekends ECG and the snake, DAMNIT I wish I could of gone.

Berto
05-19-2009, 09:34 AM
Well... I'll be at the dragon this week with some of my florida buddies. So... I will let you all know how awesome the roads are there. Haha!

Bill, want to plan a late June trip there?

Anyone, c'mon... Let's make it happen!

Thruxtonbill
05-19-2009, 11:05 AM
I am thinking July. June is June is pretty full and a trip to the mountains in the height of the Summer sounds appealing. I assume you will trailer down, and I would prefer that as well.

Berto
05-19-2009, 10:42 PM
SOLD!!! July sound good... the 4th weekend is a no no... but after that, I am game.