PDA

View Full Version : Sturgis or bust?? or no!

Gas Man
08-09-2012, 09:43 AM
:pc:

Every year this happens to me... maybe it's jealousy maybe it's not.

I get sick of hearing about sturgis. Everything in the MC world for 2 weeks in front of, the week of, and 2 weeks after is nothing but sturgis. This a-hole is nominated for this hall of fame or that hall of shame. Another turd blossom has won an award for having the best polished bike in the bike show of the century.

The Mayor of sturgis puts out a poorly timed letter that says nothing of importance, that convays nothing, but recieves very poor reception.

The MC world can do nothing but go to Sturgis, so go. Go now, and if you don't go you must not be a true biker, because you didn't go, didn't go to sturgis, because that's where bikers go, every august, they go to sturgis, so go. Why aren't you going to sturgis? Have you just went for 300 years and decided to take a year off? Because surely if you're a biker you go to sturgis every year, because that's what we do, we go to sturgis, because it's sturgis. Hello, I said you are suppose to go to sturgis! Are you listening?!?!!!!

redflip

Ok, I have still not went. I don't like people in large groups, they irritate me. I have developed a plan to go to Sturgis in like June, before it gets real hot. Go see all the sights that everybody does out there... Mt Rushmore, Crazy Indian, the badlands, devils tower, downtown, crazy town, etc... However, go see it with less people. Then maybe the following year, plan a trip to Washington state or something. Go to Sturgis during that crazy week, spend the day there passing through and do just that. Pass through. That's my current plan.. :poop:

However... damn.... :hss:

and they do the same damn thing for Daytona bike week. Get sick of hearing about that too.

Am I the only one? Really?!?

RedneckMedic
08-09-2012, 11:27 AM
Gas I'm planning a trip to utah next year. I'm going end of july so I might pop through sturgis on the way home home for a day. your more than welcome to come.

SportstersPaul
08-09-2012, 12:24 PM
Bottom line is that it's all about $. Been to several of the major rallies, don't stay for more than a day, check out bikes, women, and some vendors thats about it. Will do Sturgis, probably the last weekend of, for a day, then out riding seeing the sights. Not sure what year I'll get there.

Gas Man
08-09-2012, 02:00 PM
Thanks for the invite rugby... I may have to do that.

Paul... I hear that.

I mean am I the only that gets sick of hearing about it for a month??

horrorbusiness
08-09-2012, 06:16 PM
Wouldn't be caught dead at any huge rally. I barley tolerate bike nights. Went to Harley feast one time, stayed about an hour. It was non stop engine reving and some clown in a golf cart nocking over bikes like dominos.

sprink
08-09-2012, 06:31 PM
Thanks for the invite rugby... I may have to do that.

Paul... I hear that.

I mean am I the only that gets sick of hearing about it for a month??

No, I am tired of it too. I get e-mail and Facebook has just blown up with Sturgis.....

Also, it only counts if you ride there. That ride would suck if you slab it. I have driven it twice (never rode) so take my opinion as you like. To me, the Badlands are the first place worth riding, and you are only about 100 miles from Sturgis then.

I used to think trailering a bike was silly, but the drive changed my mind. If you continued on to more cool stuff, then two days of hell might be worth it.

Gas Man
08-10-2012, 05:15 AM
2 days of hell! :lol:

I have heard that before though sprink.

Bagger Dave
08-10-2012, 06:00 AM
Yep yep! I feel the same way Chris! my Dad has been to Sturgis many of times...also Daytona Bike week and Daytona Biketoberfest in the fall...he said they would only go to Bike week for only a day...then they would ride down to the Keys...he said that is the best part...riding down to the Keys....Sturgis is way too packed...he told me about all the other cool shit you can do

Gas Man
08-10-2012, 08:26 AM
Sweet. Chop D's tour guide!

Moesride
08-10-2012, 06:02 PM
Nope.....not a big fan of these events at all.....althought I can't seem to get the visual out of my head of this really hot topless chick with a python wrapped around herself at Daytona bike week a few years ago! :dribble:

junkyardjon
08-10-2012, 10:18 PM
i never heard of the place and could care less

RedneckMedic
08-11-2012, 12:32 AM
I would rather hear about sturgis though than all this election bull shit. at least motorcycle content interests me. I can't stand anything to do with politics all I know is I love my country but running it shouldn't be a game.

Gas Man
08-11-2012, 06:40 AM
Truth Rugby!!!

Mad Dog
08-11-2012, 08:43 AM
I hear ya Moe but for everyone of them there's 20 knee slappers that need to put the damn cloths back on!:eek:

Nope.....not a big fan of these events at all.....althought I can't seem to get the visual out of my head of this really hot topless chick with a python wrapped around herself at Daytona bike week a few years ago! :dribble:

Moesride
08-11-2012, 01:10 PM
I hear ya Moe but for everyone of them there's 20 knee slappers that need to put the damn cloths back on!:eek: You hit that dead on MD...theres a few utters in my memory bank that wont go away!

Kosher
08-12-2012, 10:34 AM
OK, I need to chime in here. I guess I'm not jaded, and I'm a wide-eyed Sturgis No0b, but I had a blast. I really only spent one day in town to soak up the scene.

I had a lot of fun. Its great being in a place where cars are a bit out of place. I like the mayhem.

I met up with a bunch of guys from hdforums that I'd never met, every one of them a pleasure to hang out with despite a wide range of socio-economic circumstances.

It would be fun to ride out there without all the crowds for sure, but I'm glad I was there for the sheer lunacy of it all.

I'm also aware that its not like it used to be. Its much more like a trade show (my wife calls it the "Harley Industrial Complex") than a gathering of the tribes, but I had the time of my life.

Fire away, guys! :)

Gas Man
08-12-2012, 10:48 AM
As I said, I would like to do all the scenic riding and sights without all the extras. Then roll thru for a day to witness as you said... the lunacy.

Glad you had a great time!!!