PDA

View Full Version : Another One

meinschaft
08-06-2012, 11:59 AM
My buddy was on his way to my place, on Pontiac Trail. He was detoured as emergency vehicles reposnded to this.

Texting?

http://www.annarbor.com/news/motorcycle-rider-dies-when-car-hits-rear-of-broken-down-bike/

Mad Dog
08-06-2012, 12:11 PM
Definatly not paying attention

Mudpuppy
08-06-2012, 04:38 PM
that sucks.. RIP.. whatever the case may be..

WILEY
08-06-2012, 05:07 PM
That sucks.

Did you notice how they brought up he wasnt wearing a helmet??????

Gas Man
08-06-2012, 10:32 PM
They always bring up the helmet... it's stupid.

Definately not paying attention. Bad for the rider and bad for the girl cause due to her own neglance her life is going to change a bunch. But at least she still has her life.

Nobody
08-06-2012, 10:41 PM
I knew someone that wasn't wearing a helemt, full body armour and bubbles wrap.. ten years later BAM! he had herpes

I feel sorrow for both the dead, and the driver. Even still, if it's found out the driver was texting or fucking with their phone, I hope they nail 'em with everything.

Thruxtonbill
08-07-2012, 09:21 AM
Just sad anyway you slice it, RIP

Mudpuppy
08-07-2012, 09:35 AM
yeah and they don't bring up the fact that the producer of Sirius was conveniently murdered in the latest shooting in wisconsin.. totally blocking full disclosure.. but yes they will definitely bring up the helmet issue.. it's a hot button..

Gas Man
08-07-2012, 09:40 PM
I read online today that the rider was on the side of the road repairing/fixing his bike, when he got hit.

Mudpuppy
08-08-2012, 09:46 AM
yeah so when you fix your car you wear your seat belt right?

WILEY
08-08-2012, 05:14 PM
Just dont understand why the media is so hell bent on wether or not someone was wearing their helmet when the got killed by some idiot not paying attention.

If he had been working on the bike in his own driveway and someone had lept the curb and killed him, they still would say he wasnt wearing a helmet.

Moesride
08-08-2012, 08:23 PM
This shit happens all to often...RIP to the biker. As far as the young girl goes weather she was texting , on the phone or whatever she was doing her life has changed for sure. Very sad!! As far as the drive by media is conserned, they can go fuck themselves....... Helmet ? Really!!

Gas Man
08-09-2012, 09:08 AM
I'm with ya moe 100% bud.

This girl's life, even if they find it wasn't her fault, she was in the wrong place at the wrong time... her life is forever changed. You just can't kill somebody and think otherwise.

On that same token. The problem here is that our society in the states doesn't place enough significance on driving as a PRIVILAGE! People think they are entitled to it (as they think with many things now a days). But that is the problem. You won't see many problems like this in other countries like Germany. Their driving tests as they come of age are INSANE! Further, their fines and penalties are OMG if you do something wrong or even fail to clear all the snow from your car.

We are much too lacidasial (sp?) on driving over here. Change that and we may have a fighting chance!!

meinschaft
08-09-2012, 10:05 AM
"This girl's life, even if they find it wasn't her fault, she was in the wrong place at the wrong time... her life is forever changed. You just can't kill somebody and think otherwise. "

Gas - as I understand Michigan's traffic laws, you must always be in control of your vehicle. As far as I know, any time you rear-end someone, it is YOUR fault, period. I'm not an expert but that is my understanding. I did some searching to see if I could learn more, but there's not much out there. Some of the news reports I read state the motorcyclist was stopped in the road.

SportstersPaul
08-09-2012, 12:34 PM
Really can't imagine any biker stopping on the road itself when an issue developes. Don't we all head for the shoulder immediately? Unless maybe a wheel locked up or something similar. And wouldn't we get off and out of harms way, walk back and try to direct traffic to slow down and move over? Maybe if "distraced driving" became a felony, and some heavy sentencing were the result things might chang. No, that isn't going to happen, what the Hell was I thinking?

Gas Man
08-09-2012, 02:09 PM
"This girl's life, even if they find it wasn't her fault, she was in the wrong place at the wrong time... her life is forever changed. You just can't kill somebody and think otherwise. "

Gas - as I understand Michigan's traffic laws, you must always be in control of your vehicle. As far as I know, any time you rear-end someone, it is YOUR fault, period. I'm not an expert but that is my understanding. I did some searching to see if I could learn more, but there's not much out there. Some of the news reports I read state the motorcyclist was stopped in the road.

I wasn't saying she should be at fault... it's just how much the entire deal sucks.

Really can't imagine any biker stopping on the road itself when an issue developes. Don't we all head for the shoulder immediately? Unless maybe a wheel locked up or something similar. And wouldn't we get off and out of harms way, walk back and try to direct traffic to slow down and move over? Maybe if "distraced driving" became a felony, and some heavy sentencing were the result things might chang. No, that isn't going to happen, what the Hell was I thinking?

I heard it like he was on the shoulder...

Something needs to be done for sure. Something that really changes things and people's POV on driving.

Further, I don't like that the average driver has not recieved any further drivers classes past the age of 15/16. Now they are 45 and F'in horrible. Then those are the people that are training the next gen (15/16YO) to drive. See the flaw there?!?

I recieve drivers training every year for work and teach it to my wife. With that mindset that I have been taught, I'm appauled at most peoples "non-distracted" driving, let alone you throw in countless other things to distract.