PDA

View Full Version : Magnetic cup holder

RedneckMedic
08-04-2012, 08:46 PM
Figured I would post this. It got great reviews on another forum and I think I'm going to order one next week. Should be great for long rides.

http://www.magnificent-ma.com/Home_Page.html

<a data-cke-saved-href="http://www.magnificent-ma.com/Home_Page.html" href="http://www.magnificent-ma.com/Home_Page.html">
http://youtu.be/XXSer5yuZkg
(http://www.magnificent-ma.com/Home_Page.html)

Gas Man
08-04-2012, 11:21 PM
That looks handy.

jerrygsx
08-05-2012, 11:07 AM
It also seems it could hold Jelly beans to munch on or to fling at tailgators!!

detdrbuzzard
08-05-2012, 12:05 PM
i'll stick with my butler and 32 oz mug
a view of my dash
http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/2847/dscn0664600x450.th.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/42/dscn0664600x450.jpg/)

Gas Man
08-05-2012, 10:03 PM
Not everybody can be that cool buzz!!! :lol:

Gas Man
08-05-2012, 10:05 PM
Lance, let us know how you like it. I may get one...

Nobody
08-06-2012, 02:13 AM
I'll stick with my camel bak.

Gas Man
08-09-2012, 09:18 AM
Ok my bud Brandon (red VTX) wants to see what you think of it as well.

And why the hell don't they say it will fit a 20oz. That would cover many other types of liqued refreshments. I sent them an email and invited them to come on the forum and discuss their product. Let's see what type of response I get.

Mad Dog
08-09-2012, 09:25 AM
Dehydration works best for me. That way I only piss 1X per tank.:lmao:

:monkeypee:

Gas Man
08-09-2012, 09:44 AM
I hear ya Don. That's why I can't see myself using a camel pak. I would have to piss myself all the damn time.

RedneckMedic
08-09-2012, 11:24 AM
he participated fairly well on the road glide forum and seems like a stand up guy. He did offer a discount but that was a much larger site and one of the guys demo the product for a review because they lived close by. I'll be ordering one tomorrow and let you know how it goes.

Gas Man
08-09-2012, 02:01 PM
Cool deal...

did the RG forum say anything about 20oz bottles?

RedneckMedic
08-09-2012, 02:10 PM
they said it fits all bottles very well from coffee thermos to large 44oz from speedway...I want to get one of the clear had plastic cups with a straw for it

Gas Man
08-09-2012, 02:21 PM
I saw that... but why wouldn't they say it fits a standard 20oz bottle?! That concerns me...

RedneckMedic
08-09-2012, 03:38 PM
it might have something to do with the cup holder being bigger and the shape so a 20oz doesn't sit right it in. More so drops to the bottom of the curve.

Gas Man
08-09-2012, 04:36 PM
Interested in finding out...

lee-mag-ma
08-09-2012, 05:49 PM
It also seems it could hold Jelly beans to munch on or to fling at tailgators!!

Hi jerry this is Lee from MAGnificent Motorcycle Accessories. Awesome comment! I actually do do both on occasion, nice to know that I'm not the only who eats when he rides. Word of advice though...jelly donuts and big macs are really difficult to eat at 75mph.

Lee

lee-mag-ma
08-09-2012, 06:31 PM
I saw that... but why wouldn't they say it fits a standard 20oz bottle?! That concerns me...

Gas man, thank you for inviting me to forum, I sincerely appreciate it. If anyone has any questions or comments please feel free to blast away.

Hi all, to answer the bottle question....The cup holder does hold a 20oz or even a 12oz just fine. The cup holder is almost 5" deep and at its narrowest inside diameter it is 3". The inside bottom has a mold & mildew resistant rubber bottom. All that being said, the smaller diameter bottles do "rattle", but they don't lift up or fall out. I know that some people put a koozy around them to help keep them cold as well as stop "rattling". This may be the most commonly asked question.

As far as why I didn't mention it specifically. It never occurred to me for a few reasons: 1) You can't put ice in a 20oz bottle, and you have to unscrew the cap. I live in Texas where the April - Oct average temperature is between "Oh my god who could live here" and "Warning! Rocks may spontaneously combust" if I can't put ice in it I don't want it. That being said I occasionally will get a water and unscrewing the cap is not a big deal. 2) I just automatically assumed that people would see it fitting a coffee cup, an insulated plastic cup, and the 44oz and know that you could also use a 20oz bottle with it.

Recently we finished testing and started shipping the cup holders with a form fitting bottom to account for different tank curvatures, I need to do a new video and in that one I'll include the 20oz bottle.

Thanks again.

Lee

RedneckMedic
08-09-2012, 09:11 PM
Awesome lee thats what I figured that is was a "rattle" issue. looks like a great product and I'll be ordering one tomorrow.

Gas Man
08-10-2012, 05:12 AM
Thanks Lee for taking the time to answer some questions.

The "must have ice" isn't that big of an issue, but we all know how big ya'll like to do things in Texas. :lol:

The reason we didn't just assume it would recieve the 20oz... well first we know what assumtion does. Second, where the various cups taper well to accomidate cars, a 20oz actually bulges out. Third, did I say we don't like to assume. :whoop:

I already have cup holder options on my Ultra, but I'm always up for a gadget and like to drink. I may have to try one out after I see rugby's.

Rebel Scum
08-10-2012, 08:04 AM
Actually looks pretty cool, Lance let us know what you think (you get to be the Ginny Pig on this) and I might grab one also

RedneckMedic
08-10-2012, 08:10 AM
Just placed my order so we will see how it goes. From the other forum it looks like he has fixed any problem any one came up with so I expect to be very happy with it. It will for sure be better than trying to hold a cup between my legs. It will also be nice to have place to put a fountain pop. I am eventually going to get the saddlebag guards and bags like GasMan has too but I think I will use this for a while even with those.

I think next step would be a suction cup style one for plastic tanks or for a passenger to use on the saddle bag. something like a gopro suction cup I mean those things stay still on airplanes haha.

lee-mag-ma
08-10-2012, 03:11 PM
Thanks

lee-mag-ma
08-10-2012, 03:16 PM
Thanks Rubgy! for the order and the compliment earlier. It will ship Monday. I was trying to come up with a reliable suction cup style, however there are some "issues" that I'm not comfortable with yet. Once I get those solve we'll come out with one. In the meanwhile once we get the patent paperwork back on 5 other products we'll be releasing those also. Hopefully the first one will be out in the next month or so.

Lee

Just placed my order so we will see how it goes. From the other forum it looks like he has fixed any problem any one came up with so I expect to be very happy with it. It will for sure be better than trying to hold a cup between my legs. It will also be nice to have place to put a fountain pop. I am eventually going to get the saddlebag guards and bags like GasMan has too but I think I will use this for a while even with those.

I think next step would be a suction cup style one for plastic tanks or for a passenger to use on the saddle bag. something like a gopro suction cup I mean those things stay still on airplanes haha.

lee-mag-ma
08-15-2012, 02:02 PM
Rugby,

The order shipped yesterday via priority mail as opposed to Monday, we fell a day behind. Sorry about that.

Lee

RedneckMedic
08-15-2012, 05:13 PM
No problems. Hopefully it will be in by friday and the guys can check it out at bike night.

RedneckMedic
08-18-2012, 11:08 AM
Got it yesterday in time for bike night. It worked great. I was a little nervous at first but then once I started rolling I was put at ease. Even some of the bumpiest michigan roads couldn't knock this off. It help my cup great and no spills tips or anything close. It will be nice to have in the saddle bag thats for sure. I probably will only throw it on for longer trips just so I don't keep sucking down kool-aid and constantly have to piss.

Great product and I highly recommend it if you looking for something to hold a drink in.

Bagger Dave
08-18-2012, 12:30 PM
Got it yesterday in time for bike night. It worked great. I was a little nervous at first but then once I started rolling I was put at ease. Even some of the bumpiest michigan roads couldn't knock this off. It help my cup great and no spills tips or anything close. It will be nice to have in the saddle bag thats for sure. I probably will only throw it on for longer trips just so I don't keep sucking down kool-aid and constantly have to piss.

Great product and I highly recommend it if you looking for something to hold a drink in.

cool Lance! :rockwoot:

Gas Man
08-18-2012, 03:34 PM
Put up some pics Lance.

I saw it but put a pic for others.

lee-mag-ma
08-20-2012, 10:16 AM
Thanks Rugby! I really appreciate the good review.

Lee