detdrbuzzard
01-21-2009, 10:07 AM
whats the best upgrade or addon youv'e done to your bike

snofrog
01-21-2009, 07:52 PM
crg bar end mirrors .

Berto
01-22-2009, 09:27 AM
None on the VTX... stock... that machine is the best stock.

DRZ... Race tires for the track. It's like riding on glue sticks. Bike did not slide ONCE!

Bark busters and case savers on street... saved me a ton of money every time I dropped it. Happened a bit... :P >:D

sarge
01-22-2009, 02:51 PM
I'm thinkin of upgrading my Valkyrie to an st1300!

B-Kinger
01-22-2009, 03:12 PM
The best thing I've added onto my bike is... ME! ;D

detdrbuzzard
01-22-2009, 03:28 PM
I'm thinkin of upgrading my Valkyrie to an st1300!
hard to say if that would be an upgrade sarge

B-Kinger
01-26-2009, 01:16 PM
Seriously, the best add on to any of my bikes I've done to date has been the addition of a super loud horn by Stebel. At 139 dbls, it's the loudest motorcycle horn I've ever heard. After installing it on my bike, I sat in my car with the windows up and my radio on pretty loud and had my boy hit the horn button for me. You could hear it loud and clear, verses the stock one that you couldn't hear at ALL! On top of that, it sounds like a truck is next to you and not a motorcycle. Mounting it was a bitch for me, as my bike is packaged so tightly that I had to fabricate a bracket and paint the horn black (they also make em in chrome) but it was so worth the trouble. I do have a couple shots of the horn on the bike after mounting it. Highly recommended.

Berto
01-26-2009, 03:59 PM
I want one of those... Once i get a new bike...

A loud horn on a DRZ would be awesome.

B-Kinger
01-27-2009, 06:44 AM
It sorta sticks out a little but it looks okay, and out in the open like that it's loud as hell. We've had some fun with it this past summer. ;D

Berto
01-27-2009, 10:53 AM
OK.., how much was it?

Once I'm done with my normal mods, I want that... is it easy to put on and take off? I need something like that but I need to be able to take it off for the track.

B-Kinger
01-29-2009, 06:02 PM
It was only around 40 bucks. The wiring on my bike took a little time to figure out, but it was really a simple installation once I had a bracket made. It's at least twice as big as a stock horn, so it's rather bulky, and you do have to mount it so a certain part of it is level. I can undo the horn and take it off in less than 5 minutes.