PDA

View Full Version : Bad one in Taylor

sprink
07-17-2012, 08:42 PM
Prayers for the victims in this accident. Appears to be another left turn in front of a bike.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/Beech-Daly-Ecorse-roads-intersection-shut-down-in-Taylor-due-to-serious-motorcycle-crash/-/1719418/15580360/-/muj8vt/-/index.html

leebo
07-17-2012, 09:29 PM
Yea that looked bad.

Gas Man
07-17-2012, 09:41 PM
But they should put it so much like it was the bike's fault. Lets face it, it's probably the car's fault!!

Mad Dog
07-17-2012, 09:46 PM
Looks like the car tried to make a left from the right lane...

Moesride
07-17-2012, 10:02 PM
Love how the reporter asks at the end if they where wearing helmets......really!! I dought it would matter from the looks of it. Puts a knot in my gut when I see these crashes. Prayers to all involved.

sprink
07-17-2012, 10:38 PM
But they should put it so much like it was the bike's fault. Lets face it, it's probably the car's fault!!

Yea, the bike t-boned the car.......

Gas Man
07-18-2012, 07:12 AM
Love how the reporter asks at the end if they where wearing helmets......really!! I dought it would matter from the looks of it. Puts a knot in my gut when I see these crashes. Prayers to all involved.

Yeah the helmet jab pissed me off too.

Dirty
07-18-2012, 10:17 AM
Here's the same story on Fox 2 with a police interview (http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/19049547/deadly-motorcycle-crash-in-taylor). Witnesses say the bike was travelling at a high rate of speed according to the cop. These news anchors also mention helmet use but say that it would not have made a difference in this accident. Thoughts and prayers out to those involved and their families...

Gas Man
07-18-2012, 10:24 AM
AMEN to that cop.

PEOPLE WATCH OUT THERE ARE MOTORCYCLES EVERYWHERE!!!

Gas Man
07-18-2012, 10:28 AM
The survalance film clearly shows the car turned in front of the bike. I can tell you cause I use to drive here daily. The bike was probably coming off I-94 freeway, there's an exit right there dumping into the flow the bike was driving.

seatmaker
07-18-2012, 12:15 PM
I watched the video and played it back slowly. Definitely from what I saw the cage just turned left without yielding for the biker.

Gas Man
07-18-2012, 12:51 PM
I bet the sunset played a role.

RedneckMedic
07-18-2012, 03:04 PM
Ya rider didnt make it but passenger is in icu. Driver of car left that day. Rider had half his face torn off and lots of broken bones and such. Helmet wouldnt have mattered even though it was on the bike. Had some friends on that call. Definitely a difficult one for them.

Nobody
07-18-2012, 11:24 PM
Rough as hell. Place bets on weather anyone makes solid display that the cage was at fault.

reminds me of a few 'if they had a helmet' and 'was saved by a helmet' stories a friend chucked at me some time back. She didn't like that i proved both stories bullshit with just mathamatics before even digging into to them to find that they were already debunked.

Gas Man
07-19-2012, 10:18 PM
Just found out, the rider was my neighbors boss. Small world.

Uma
07-21-2012, 12:13 PM
All of it is horrible; those poor victims. Then people say things to me like "you know you could crash and you still ride? That could've been you or Chris!" my answer is usually "no, it's not IF you're going to crash, it's WHEN. You just do the best you can and enjoy the ride. " And of course they say "So why do you still ride then?" My answer is "if you don't get it, it can't be explained."

Prayers to the families of all involved.

Nobody
07-21-2012, 12:50 PM
All of it is horrible; those poor victims. Then people say things to me like "you know you could crash and you still ride? That could've been you or Chris!" my answer is usually "no, it's not IF you're going to crash, it's WHEN. You just do the best you can and enjoy the ride. " And of course they say "So why do you still ride then?" My answer is "if you don't get it, it can't be explained."

Prayers to the families of all involved.

An old friend of mine told me once "There's two riders out there, those that have crashed, and those that will. No one lives forever so enjoy it while you can before some damn tit in a cage does the reaper's work." He was killed back in 09' when a kid in their parent's H2 blew a red light. I wish the bastard was still alive, he'd enjoy the forums here, the dude always loved to bullshit and share stories.

Gas Man
07-21-2012, 01:51 PM
Sounds like the kind of guy we need around here Dustin.