Gas Man
06-29-2012, 04:01 AM
:pc:

Bagger Dave
06-29-2012, 04:46 AM
yep yep :cheers:

Mad Dog
06-29-2012, 08:41 AM
Pretty much everyone unless there on the wrong side of the road. Oh yeah, I still wave just differently.:D

Thruxtonbill
06-29-2012, 09:25 AM
I did not vote because I seldom initiate a wave and I'll tell you why, number one, it's been done to death. Two, when I rode sportbikes, HD riders and BMW riders gave me the cold shoulder (most, not all) . since owning the Triumph I get waves and non waves from all groups. It's not a big deal, if you wave to me I will wave back but I'm done initiating a wave only to have you snub me.

Gas Man
06-29-2012, 11:08 AM
Bill, just turn your wave into the finger... I use to do that when I rode a sportbike and HD guys didn't wave back. That is also why I will always wave to sportbike riders...

That being said, I think the average age of the HD rider is changing as well with the new blood (like myself) being much younger than their traditional crowd (upper 40's++).

Kosher
06-29-2012, 12:58 PM
I'm a waver, I'll admit it - if someone doesnt wave back, no bfd.

Mad Dog
06-29-2012, 01:48 PM
being much younger than their traditional crowd (upper 40's++).:hss:

leebo
06-29-2012, 04:52 PM
I wave to anyone on 2 wheels even mopeds or 40 year old honda 50s.but not canams or 3 wheelers

Thruxtonbill
06-29-2012, 06:04 PM
Yeah those canam fuckers are the worst, I hate those spineless jellyfish and their over powered tricycles:lmao:

leebo
06-29-2012, 06:42 PM
Snomobiles on wheels!

Mad Dog
06-29-2012, 07:26 PM
When they first came out a local dealer had a demo and let me have it for the afternoon.
Although I would never buy on I must admit it was a blast to ride.
Got that fatty smokin more than once. Hits tripple digits pretty quick too.
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r84/Valueteck/Misc/Spyder1.jpg

junkyardjon
06-29-2012, 10:34 PM
I did not vote because I seldom initiate a wave and I'll tell you why, number one, it's been done to death. Two, when I rode sportbikes, HD riders and BMW riders gave me the cold shoulder (most, not all) . since owning the Triumph I get waves and non waves from all groups. It's not a big deal, if you wave to me I will wave back but I'm done initiating a wave only to have you snub me.

i agree all the way with this. i ride a different bike almost everyday and it's funny to see the same people wave to me when i'm on a different bike. sport bike thru gold wing, i ride them all.
i don't go out of my way to wave to somebody who could care less about me or my bike but i will throw a hand if they want one.

Nobody
06-30-2012, 01:12 AM
I'm a waver, I'll admit it - if someone doesnt wave back, no bfd.

ditto. And if I can't wave I at least nod.

horrorbusiness
06-30-2012, 10:30 AM
The only time I wave first is when I'm out in horriable condtions. I always wave back, I do wonder why people wave when they see you at a light, holding a clutch lever. I almost bought a buddies Jeep till I drove it for a few days, They are as bad as bikers for waving.

Gas Man
06-30-2012, 02:11 PM
:hss:

Hey are you going to argue that previously the standard traditional HD buyer was a man in upper 40's ++??? Maybe because they were the only ones that could afford. Maybe because that's all they appealed to. But not these days... I see more and more and more younger guys... guys in their lower 20's on HDs. I love it.

Yeah those canam fuckers are the worst, I hate those spineless jellyfish and their over powered tricycles:lmao:

Snomobiles on wheels!

:lmao:

The only time I wave first is when I'm out in horriable condtions. I always wave back, I do wonder why people wave when they see you at a light, holding a clutch lever. I almost bought a buddies Jeep till I drove it for a few days, They are as bad as bikers for waving.

Give the nod when hands are busy.

RedneckMedic
06-30-2012, 02:23 PM
But not these days... I see more and more and more younger guys... guys in their lower 20's on HDs. I love it.

Yep 22 and on a bagger now

I wave when waved to only because if they don't it doesn't even cross my mind about waving. but it doesn't matter what bike I'll wave back if I see it in time or nod. It does bug me when they wave when Im at a light because ya can't really take my hand off the bar at that point.

Gas Man
06-30-2012, 02:28 PM
Exactly Lance (on age).

My neighbor just traded in his VTX 1800 for a 07 Street Glide at Monroe Powersports. Real nice bike. He's super excited.

RedneckMedic
06-30-2012, 02:30 PM
Exactly Lance (on age).

My neighbor just traded in his VTX 1800 for a 07 Street Glide at Monroe Powersports. Real nice bike. He's super excited.

Your right he doesn't keep a bike long

leebo
06-30-2012, 02:44 PM
Bought my trump @ monroe powersports really liked that place the owner seems very cool

junkyardjon
06-30-2012, 03:39 PM
if you had a hondamatic, your left hand wouldn't be doing nothing.... LOL

horrorbusiness
06-30-2012, 04:30 PM
bro-in law has one. I rode from Brighton to saginaw on the darn thing. would ride, wouldnt buy.

Denimblack
06-30-2012, 08:55 PM
I sometimes initiate the wave, other times I wave back.. I had a jeep, and yes it is as bad as bikers. And in regards to the snowmobile on wheels, my mom wants one and she's in her mid 50's.. My dad ain't real happy about it though. He thinks it'll clash with his softtail... Lol

leebo
06-30-2012, 09:08 PM
Nice!

junkyardjon
07-01-2012, 08:52 AM
my mom want's on too !!!!! LOL. she went to buy one and the only one they wanted to sell her was the top of the line model. she backed away when they said it was $28,000, way over rpiced for that slow ass thing. yes i said they are slow, cause they are LOL.
she ended up buying a honda PCX scooter. that scooter is pretty cool and i'd rock it !! lol

detdrbuzzard
07-02-2012, 11:31 AM
i wave most of the time

Hawgrider
07-02-2012, 12:45 PM
Ive been road riding since the mid 70's In the old days Harley riders wouldn't wave at rice. But they would wave at Lymes.

In the 80's I waved. Not Many bikes on the road then and it meant something. Today Im tired of waving every 3.2 seconds If you wave at every rider on the road now you will never have both hands on the bars. Too many riders wanting the I see you you see me acknowledgment. I say abolish the wave until the cold weather hit then it means something again. Only real riders on the road then. Flames away:pat:

Gas Man
07-02-2012, 01:53 PM
I hear ya Hawg... but let me ask ya this...

If you see a bike on the side of the road, will you pull over and help or will you pull over and eye ball the guy then decide if he deserves to be helped?? Which one?

If the later... what qualifies a rider?

I will gaurantee, I won't fit what you want to see. I'm clean cut, 33 yrs old, and riding a nice newer HD. But I have more love and devotion to riding than most.

See what I'm getting at?

Mudpuppy
07-02-2012, 02:20 PM
i wave to everyone except scooters and mopeds..

Gas Man
07-02-2012, 02:31 PM
What about street legaled dirt bikes?

Hawgrider
07-02-2012, 03:08 PM
I hear ya Hawg... but let me ask ya this...

If you see a bike on the side of the road, will you pull over and help or will you pull over and eye ball the guy then decide if he deserves to be helped?? Which one?

If the later... what qualifies a rider?

I will gaurantee, I won't fit what you want to see. I'm clean cut, 33 yrs old, and riding a nice newer HD. But I have more love and devotion to riding than most.

See what I'm getting at?

I have never passed any motorcycle on the shoulder of the road rice or not. I stop every time always have. Ive been broke down before. Even the ones I know are just on the shoulder answering their phone I still stop to offer tools ....Yes I carry tools.
Respectfully - I don't see the connection between the "Wave" and stopping to help another motorcyclist.

The wave and whos a rider question- My real rider statement goes with my cold weather and the wave statement. Real riders will ride in the rain and in the cold thats when I'll wave. Late season early season get my drift? I will not wave every 3.2 seconds all day long its silly its stupid, it is mind numbing, its old. There are way too many bikes on the road to make a policy to wave at every single one that passes in the other direction.

"I will gaurantee, I won't fit what you want to see. I'm clean cut, 33 yrs old, and riding a nice newer HD. But I have more love and devotion to riding than most."
A little too much assumption there pardner. I have short hair but still carry the full beard. Looks don't make you a rider.

leebo
07-02-2012, 04:04 PM
Well I try real hard not to ride in the rain or cold.I ride for fun and relaxation.and I like the friends I have made riding.I wave to those on 2 wheels cause they are out there takin the same risks I am.

Denimblack
07-02-2012, 07:40 PM
Well I try real hard not to ride in the rain or cold.I ride for fun and relaxation.and I like the friends I have made riding.I wave to those on 2 wheels cause they are out there takin the same risks I am.
Well said... Although I don't mind the cold as much as I do mind the rain.

Gas Man
07-03-2012, 12:48 AM
I have never passed any motorcycle on the shoulder of the road rice or not. I stop every time always have. Ive been broke down before. Even the ones I know are just on the shoulder answering their phone I still stop to offer tools ....Yes I carry tools.
Respectfully - I don't see the connection between the "Wave" and stopping to help another motorcyclist.

The wave and whos a rider question- My real rider statement goes with my cold weather and the wave statement. Real riders will ride in the rain and in the cold thats when I'll wave. Late season early season get my drift? I will not wave every 3.2 seconds all day long its silly its stupid, it is mind numbing, its old. There are way too many bikes on the road to make a policy to wave at every single one that passes in the other direction.

"I will gaurantee, I won't fit what you want to see. I'm clean cut, 33 yrs old, and riding a nice newer HD. But I have more love and devotion to riding than most."
A little too much assumption there pardner. I have short hair but still carry the full beard. Looks don't make you a rider.

The picture I was trying to paint is in the assumptions. Some of those riders you don't wave at will be the same riders later in the season.

Just wondering if you made similar assumptions for stranded rider. Part of picture painting.

But who says I'm a decent artist anyway...

Hawgrider
07-03-2012, 08:03 AM
The picture I was trying to paint is in the assumptions. Some of those riders you don't wave at will be the same riders later in the season.

Just wondering if you made similar assumptions for stranded rider. Part of picture painting.

But who says I'm a decent artist anyway...Your missing my point...... My point is Ive spent many years on the road with a scoot. There are way too many bikes now on the rode to wave at. On a 300 mile day Id have to wave 999 times. I dont ride to go out and wave all day. It takes away from my time with the road and the machine. It has nothing to do with being friendly. Look at it this way would you think its stupid that if you drove a Chevy Cavalier that you now have to wave at every Chevy Cavalier that went by you on the road? I think its stupid. Do you ?

Gas Man
07-03-2012, 08:11 AM
Yeah but driving a cavalier isn't something to be proud of either. :lol:

I knew what you meant... just a bit of pot stirring.

Do you guys wave to the other side of the highway?

Bagger Dave
07-03-2012, 08:14 AM

Do you guys wave to the other side of the highway?

Yeah Right! :lol:

I have waved back at people who have waved to me on the other side of the highway....but usually I won't...depends on how close the other side is to your side

Chain
07-03-2012, 08:35 AM
I'll wave when waved too... I almost have to agree with Hawgrider... it can be mind numbing... Sturgis for instance? I don't even bother... I'd be riding one handed all the time! If I see the guy across the 18 lane highway ;) .... I'll wave back.

Gas Man
07-03-2012, 09:36 AM
Yeah I can imagine Sturgis waving would be Hawg's hell. :lol:

Mad Dog
07-03-2012, 09:52 AM

What, you got a problem with my car now???:mad:

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r84/Valueteck/cavalier.jpg

Hawgrider
07-03-2012, 10:23 AM
Yeah I can imagine Sturgis waving would be Hawg's hell. :lol:Sure enough would ....lol
Yeah fiqured you were yanking my chain a bit I was just playing along.
Here's a couple of local wave nightmares-
On a Saturday after 12 pm anywhere on North Territorial rd.
Blessing of the bikes near Hell. Bike coming and going both ways in and out of Hell/Pinckney.
And the biggy for these parts anywhere near Fowlerville during the Easy rider shindig.
During non events- Pretty much any smooth road if that's possible will have much bike traffic during the fair weather.

Mudpuppy
07-03-2012, 10:25 AM
What about street legaled dirt bikes?

yes for sure

Mudpuppy
07-03-2012, 10:29 AM
Looks don't make you a rider but looks don't hurt the rider either

horrorbusiness
07-03-2012, 04:07 PM
http://smiliesftw.com/x/eek5wavey.gif (http://smiliesftw.com)

leebo
07-03-2012, 04:28 PM
Otherside of the hiway?Barely see the guys on 2 lanes.sheesh i aint 50 anymore ;+)

Gas Man
07-03-2012, 05:45 PM
What, you got a problem with my car now???:mad:

Yeah it's as ugly as you are! :lol:

Sure enough would ....lol
Yeah fiqured you were yanking my chain a bit I was just playing along.
Here's a couple of local wave nightmares-
On a Saturday after 12 pm anywhere on North Territorial rd.
Blessing of the bikes near Hell. Bike coming and going both ways in and out of Hell/Pinckney.
And the biggy for these parts anywhere near Fowlerville during the Easy rider shindig.
During non events- Pretty much any smooth road if that's possible will have much bike traffic during the fair weather.

I 100% agree with you for those local hells.

I like ya Hawg, rough start but I think we are on the same plane...

Otherside of the hiway?Barely see the guys on 2 lanes.sheesh i aint 50 anymore ;+)

I hear ya, I don't usually wave on the highway...

Moesride
07-03-2012, 11:41 PM
Don't care what your rideing, I'll wave. Now if there's a shitload of bikes I run across then it get's to be a pain in the ass real quick so I wont..

Remo
07-04-2012, 01:06 PM
I will rarely initiate the wave but if waved to I will almost always wave back unless I am entering a turn, slowing down, approaching an intersection, or doing something else that requires both hands on the bars.

Rebel Scum
07-04-2012, 06:58 PM
I wave to everyone on two wheels and a motor.

Hawgrider
07-06-2012, 09:05 AM
Yeah it's as ugly as you are! :lol:

I 100% agree with you for those local hells.

I like ya Hawg, rough start but I think we are on the same plane...

I hear ya, I don't usually wave on the highway...Yeah a little rough at the go but When I jump in the water I start swimming ....lol Yup pretty much same plane I just hope its not a 747 from gator bait airlines:lol:

Carry on .................

Gas Man
07-06-2012, 02:51 PM
gator bait airlines... :lol:

leebo
07-22-2012, 04:42 PM
So I took My grandaughter out yesterday with me for the quake on the lake poker run,shes 20 years old,home for the summer from college and loves motorcycles and the friendliness of bikers to eachother I told her she could wave to the other bikers that waved at her,She had so much fun she just ended up waving at every biker she saw and to our credit I think every biker we saw waved back.so KUDOS to the bikers it was a great weekend,Thank you all....

RedneckMedic
07-22-2012, 07:54 PM
So I took My grandaughter out yesterday with me for the quake on the lake poker run,shes 20 years old,home for the summer from college and loves motorcycles and the friendliness of bikers to eachother I told her she could wave to the other bikers that waved at her,She had so much fun she just ended up waving at every biker she saw and to our credit I think every biker we saw waved back.so KUDOS to the bikers it was a great weekend,Thank you all....

I'm sorry all I heard was 20 year old daughter...just kidding man sounds like a great day.

leebo
07-22-2012, 08:24 PM
Grandaughter!yea i know shes 6ft tall and blonde.So its pretty tuff enuff.I keep her close.

Gas Man
07-22-2012, 10:35 PM
Yeah you better keep her away from rugby... he's a pup too and well.... you can do the math. :lol:

Sounds like a GREAT time leebo. Good for you on sharing the motorcycle love with the next generation.

Bagger Dave
07-23-2012, 07:08 AM
Yeah you better keep her away from rugby... he's a pup too and well.... you can do the math. :lol:

:eightball6: :lol: