PDA

View Full Version : I was sooo envious this morning....

Denimblack
06-28-2012, 11:37 AM
So today I get up ass early this morning for work, and I'm on the road by 4:40am. I see a whole lotta bikes on the road, by 5:30am I was at work and I bet I coulda counted 12 bikes already. At this point I'm really wishing I was one of them.... By 6:00 am I'm on the road heading from Detroit to Gibraltar while I'm driving a 180 ton crane down the road. Again, I see a ton of bikes.... As I'm heading down Allen rd tward Vanhorn rd, I'm almost positive I see Uma cruising northbound on Allen rd. Then who do I see??? It's Caveman turning onto Allen rd off Gibraltar rd.. WTF? I just wish I was out riding with em.. Sorry, had to vent a little...:)

Gas Man
06-28-2012, 04:57 PM
You saw Cave... he was coming home from work.

You didn't see Uma... she was sleeping... :lol:

Where you taking that crane?

Denimblack
06-28-2012, 05:51 PM
It was a gal on a bike like hers, and it was close to your house. My bad, hard to tell... I'm over at US Silica on north Huron river drive. Loading out a bunch of vessels and such over here....... And still here....

Gas Man
06-28-2012, 06:21 PM
Suckola...

You aren't using the m.twowheelmichigan.com version are you?

It loads a little better.

Uma
07-03-2012, 06:27 PM
You saw Cave... he was coming home from work. You didn't see Uma... she was sleeping... :lol:Where you taking that crane?True story.

Caveman
07-06-2012, 10:23 PM
yeah I was rolling that corner and saw the crane I always check the drivers of the Laramie cranes to see if its my neighbor and now DB. I thought the driver looked aweful familiar. Sorry bout your luck workin. but just remember I work a swing shift so when you are most likely off for the weekend two of every five weekends I will be working either days or nights. I don't mind workin the day shift on the weekends as I can still do "some" things in the evening after I get off shift. but I do get to have seven days off between my two night shift stints. and with only 36 hrs of vaca I could have 12 days off. :rockwoot:

Denimblack
07-07-2012, 01:35 PM
yeah I was rolling that corner and saw the crane I always check the drivers of the Laramie cranes to see if its my neighbor and now DB. I thought the driver looked aweful familiar. Sorry bout your luck workin. but just remember I work a swing shift so when you are most likely off for the weekend two of every five weekends I will be working either days or nights. I don't mind workin the day shift on the weekends as I can still do "some" things in the evening after I get off shift. but I do get to have seven days off between my two night shift stints. and with only 36 hrs of vaca I could have 12 days off. :rockwoot:
Geeez, that would be nice to have 12 days off... I use to work swing shift when I worked at a plant at 8 mile and groesbeck. It wasn't for me. Everyother week going from nights to days. Working 12 hr shifts and being mandatory to work your off days if someone else needed it off. Fugg that! I'm sure you got a much better thing going than I had... When things slow down a bit and we get a little break from all this heat gimme a shout. I'm in need of a couple hundred mile therapy session...