PDA

View Full Version : Biggest DB I've ever known.

Thruxtonbill
06-16-2012, 04:20 PM
Ok so I mostly ride alone and that's fine , truth is the trust factor with a riding partner is huge for me. I need to not worry about you crashing into me, I need to have a similar riding style to you. I NEED YOU NOT TO ACT LIKE AN ASSHOLE.
Which brings me to (fictitious name) Richard, I met Richard at a Triumph event, younger then me, followed me like a puppy dog asking questions, wanting to go for a ride. So last year we meet for a ride along the water up to Port Huron. I know he's a fairly new rider and says this is his second bike, I don't want to insult him by questioning his riding skills so I ask him if he wants to lead, a slightly puzzled look on his face tells me what I need to know. Soon after we leave our meeting spot there's a problem, I pull over and explain that we are not Capt America and Billy and you need to lead or follow but get the fuck away from me, in short, this is my lane and I need all of it. Side note, while stopped at a light he yells "HEY, that stripe on your front fender........it doesn't look good..........OK. Uneventful the rest of the way up he was feeling cocky on the return trip, zigzaging in and out of traffic and taking silly chances, long story short I told myself never again.
Fast forward to about a month ago when I run into him at the dealer, "hey man when are we gonna ride again? ..me " not sure buddy, real busy yaknow" . A week later I get a phone call.."hey Bill it's Richard" quickly explaining that he got my number from the girl at the dealership..........WTF. Relentless with calls and texts, he wears me down, I say ok man I ride early 630 early...meet me at the same place, don't be late. I arrive at 620 and gas up, a quick look at the time and 630 it is, text comes over.....650, I text back "nope catch up" knowing that he has no clue where I'm going soooo seeya. I know he's texting and calling and I'm ignoring. I do about 60 miles and stop for breakfast. 2 missed calls and 6 texts....the last one......he crashed. Now I feel kinda bad about this but, I didn't care:evil:
My conscious gets the best of me so I text back "u ok?" yeah he's alright but shook up and asks if I can come and ride home with him...Oy Veh. "Sure" I say but I'm about 30 minutes away, he says don't worry I'll wait. On the way there it occurs to me that he might be lying to me and if that's true I'm gonna punch this goofy fuck right in the nose. I show up at the gas station he's at and at first glance his bike looks fine. Now he tells me where he went down and I know the corner well , looking at his bike closer it is the most minimal damage on a low side I've ever seen, no broken levers or mirrors (bar ends BTW), slight scratches on the engine case and lots of dirt on both sides of the bike, almost like he dropped it and smeared some dirt on it, Hmmmm. Now here is the kicker for me, he says it's my fault.........EXCUSE ME? It seems that because I didn't wait for him, that caused him to crash his bike. I told him directly and in no uncertain terms he was mistaken and do not mention that silly shit to me again. Fucking DB, thanks for letting me vent.

RedneckMedic
06-16-2012, 04:57 PM
wow what a fucking tool. I would have hit him anyways. its pieces of shit like that I deal with every day that just want attention any way they can get it.

Mad Dog
06-16-2012, 05:39 PM
If he calls again tell him no right off and to loose your phone number.
You don't need some off the wall fuck you have to worry about.
Sounds a little mental also.:screwy:

Bagger Dave
06-16-2012, 09:28 PM
yeah, I agree with Lance and Mad Dog! what a tool! :gtfo: I try to stay away from people like that! its hard enough to watch out for dumb fuckers driving into ya...let alone having someone who rides like that:td: everyone that I ride with...I can ride side by side and not have to worry about them crashing or crashing into me! it takes trust to ride handlebar to handlebar....you can pretty much tell how long they have been riding...just by riding with them
I would have told him to go fuck himself...and he's lucky that's all that happened was dropping his bike...because if I was there...he would probably be in the hospital after I would have dropped him! :lmao::shotgun:

Moesride
06-16-2012, 09:41 PM
After your first bad riding experience with him, I'm thinking you knew this guy wasn't gonna be your buddy. Cool you gave the guy a second chance but Damn........what a douche bag!

Nobody
06-16-2012, 11:33 PM
This partly why i ride alone most of the time. Most of my firends are either squids or i have to hollar at them to keep up with traffic and/or the speed limit. If I have to keep track/mind of someone I'm not keeping 100% on whats me/around me.

edit--

You're also better person than I. I would have junk kicked the guy so he couldn't reproduce.

Gas Man
06-17-2012, 06:50 AM
I want to agree with many parts above..

You should have added for him to loose your phone number.

I'm with Nobody, I hate the polar opposite ends... ride like complete asses or barely speed limit. It sucks! The best one I have found on a regular basis is Caveman. He's somewhere between my "normal" and "asshole". Just meaning he usually rides a bit crazier than me... and usually pulls me towards his crazy. But it depends on the ride.... he also chills a bit on our longer trips.

Lrider
06-17-2012, 09:07 PM
I'd be tempted to find out who at the dealership gave this guy your phone no., then tell her in no uncertain terms to never ever do that again!!

Gas Man
06-17-2012, 10:24 PM
I'd be tempted to find out who at the dealership gave this guy your phone no., then tell her in no uncertain terms to never ever do that again!!

Yeah I kinda agree.

ChefC14
06-18-2012, 03:19 AM
Bill, you softy. You know you should have been honest and told him you prefer to ride alone. I tell a lot of people that I prefer to ride alone. I can't stand waiting for people and I just prefer to do my own thing. There are few people that I like to ride with. Of course you already know that. So, when are we going for a ride? :)

Thruxtonbill
06-18-2012, 08:03 AM
Done.

Thruxtonbill
06-18-2012, 08:05 AM
So, when are we going for a ride? :)
I'll be up at Torch the week of the 4th of July, I'll give you a call.

Chain
06-18-2012, 09:50 AM
I'd definetly block that SOB from my phone.... what a tool!

Caveman
06-18-2012, 10:02 AM
I must agree with Gas, I do tend to drive more on the offensive side. I also know how Gas rides and feel completely comfortable about drivin a little bit crazy with him. He knows my style and is comfortable with that and we tend to read traffic well and know when we can act like fools and know the difference. However, if I am riding with someone new I tend to lay low and get a feel for how they ride and match that. I like to make sure that I usually have an open lane I can see in front of me. If that means that I have to do some bobbin and weavin to get to a relatively clear area then so be it. I also hate when I get folks that like to ride in my blind spot or just hang off my side when there is no traffic. I tend to drop the throttle and GTF away from them without prejudice.
In short, after ride one with this guy I wouldn't have riden with him again and told him so. I find it somewhat disturbing though that you didn't care about whether or not he went down. Had he not been at the meetup on time I would have rolled out and said it wasn't gonna work out. The catch up line would have been a bit of an opening for bad karma to strike when you least expect. Just my opinion though.

Thruxtonbill
06-18-2012, 10:54 AM
I find it somewhat disturbing though that you didn't care about whether or not he went down. Had he not been at the meetup on time I would have rolled out and said it wasn't gonna work out. The catch up line would have been a bit of an opening for bad karma to strike when you least expect. Just my opinion though.
Truth is, I didn't care, I mean he was able to text me so he wasn't dead. I did text him back and I did go meet him to ride back home with as he requested. Having said all this, it's my fault for putting myself in that position, I mean I don't like the guy and should of been firm with him and told him as suggested here "I ride alone".
I've been with people when they've had a get off and done everything I could to help them and I would do the same again.
As far as the karma thing, I don't put to much stock in that in this instance, I mean it wasn't like I keyed his bike.

Mad Dog
06-18-2012, 12:59 PM
This is all I keep thinking..........
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0q8Oho_RjM

detdrbuzzard
06-21-2012, 09:37 AM
other than burto i haven't ridden with anyone on the forum. most of my riding is either with my niece bettyboop or by myself

Mudpuppy
06-21-2012, 10:56 AM
i would think the dealer has a privacy policy like every other business in the world nowadays.. i would go ask for the manager and ask for a copy and then say why then did your employee hand out my number without my permission?

sounds like a real DB.. you have been far more patient than I could ever be.. i ride with a lot of different people but i have zero tolerance for this shit.. i'd dirty pass the motherfucker and stuff him in a corner just for s&g because he is a fucking asshole and deserves it.. now who wants to ride?

Gas Man
06-21-2012, 11:40 PM
Buzzard. How is boop?

detdrbuzzard
06-22-2012, 10:18 AM
Buzzard. How is boop?she is doing great, i told her i was back on the forum with you. she is riding an '82 nekked goldwing now days and will be with me sunday in holly

Gas Man
06-22-2012, 12:24 PM
That's awesome man.

Tell her to come on back online. If she needs me to reset her password just let me know...