PDA

View Full Version : Anyone need tires?

Mudpuppy
06-13-2012, 11:43 PM
I am buying tires and if I buy 5 sets I get free shipping. Anyone want to get in on the deal? Email me at mudpuppy@redlinesuperbikes.com

Gas Man
06-14-2012, 08:29 AM
I don't buy tires I warranty them. :D

Mudpuppy
06-14-2012, 11:45 AM
well i ordered my set so nevermind anyways.. getting new Bridgestone S20 hyper sports. Looking forward to putting them through the paces. Getting on Wednesday next week. Was trying to get and put on to make the June 22 test and tune at Gingerman but I just now decided I am not going to do it - I hate rushing around, etc. at the last minute trying to get ready. I am going to get the tires, take my time and do what I want to the bike and get it ready for the track and ride it on the street in the meantime.

Gas Man
06-14-2012, 12:06 PM
There ya go Mud!!

Mudpuppy
06-18-2012, 04:51 PM
bike is pulled apart now - shit just got serious. Fixed the front fairing just not sure I am happy with it or not - cracked from the front stand. Fixed it from behind (my specialty) and it looks 100 times better and won't crack more but you still see the crack. If I put any plastex on the front then I have to sand and paint - problem is I don't have that color paint and for a 6" crack I hate to buy $30 worth of paint. But it bugs me damnit. I was going to try and put minimal plastex in the crack to see if I could just fill it and disguise it a little better but that could make it worse. The yellow powder plastex is nowhere near the yellow of my bike but closer than the black from the crack. So tires come tomorrow - going to pull off the wheels tonight. Mount the new tires this weekend since I have to go east anyways and our tire machine is in Warren. Next is fork fluid while the fairings are off and I can use the front stand without re-damaging the front fairing. Then brake fluid, oil, brakes, safety wire, engine ice, program the PCIII, check and recheck all bolts, remount the license plate, do a trial run of rear pegs and passenger seat and finally adjust the suspension to me. Then I should be good to go for awhile. Figure this is going to take me 2 weeks which is going to cut into my riding time but it will be done - something that should have been done over winter.

Gas Man
06-18-2012, 04:58 PM
Get work done homie!! Take some pics of it in dis-array.

Mudpuppy
06-18-2012, 05:27 PM
I posted 1 pic already on fb. I need to take some real pics but I have 20,000 already to edit so I am scared to use the real camera, lol. Just ordered 90 degree valve stems and working on ordering brake pads, speed bleeders and predrilled oil drain plug.

Gas Man
06-18-2012, 08:40 PM
I haven't had good luck with the speed bleeders. Just so you know.

Mudpuppy
06-21-2012, 10:46 AM
why what is the issue?

Gas Man
06-21-2012, 11:38 PM
I just could never get the brakes to firm up so I think they were still taking on air.

Mudpuppy
06-22-2012, 01:07 PM
I had them on the R6 and they worked great.. then I sold the bike.

Gas Man
06-22-2012, 04:50 PM
Hmmm... who knows....

Mudpuppy
06-25-2012, 09:46 AM
I will try them again and save the stock ones in case I have an issue. I know a lot of people that use them without issues.