PDA

View Full Version : Anyone headed to Sturgis?

Kosher
06-13-2012, 12:37 PM
I was going to ride with a colleague of mine from work, long story short is his plans have changed and he's coming from another direction.

So I'm looking for someone to ride with, I'd like to leave the Detroit area on the 3rd and arrive on the 4th, depart Sturgis on Thursday the 9th, arrive on Friday the 10th.

Anyone?

Gas Man
06-13-2012, 02:25 PM
I'm plannin on the copper harbor trip that weekend...

Chain
06-14-2012, 07:10 AM
We are on the same schedule, but we'll b coming from the Ionia area... have a few we have to pick up on the way.... Staying at the Buffalo Chip. I don't know how that helps... I could let you know what our exact plans are when it gets a little closer, all that is set in stone right now is the time were leaving, and heading back. I'm sure we could merge at some point around Michigan City... again, I'm guessing right now...

One other thing, We WILL be hitting either Sioux Falls, or Sioux City for the night, depends on how a few of the riders that are going handles it.... Mostly veteran distant riders, but a couple that are "training"... ;) but all will be good. We have 7 bikes goin right now.

GP-FLHR
06-14-2012, 06:22 PM
I was going to ride with a colleague of mine from work, long story short is his plans have changed and he's coming from another direction.

So I'm looking for someone to ride with, I'd like to leave the Detroit area on the 3rd and arrive on the 4th, depart Sturgis on Thursday the 9th, arrive on Friday the 10th.

Anyone?

If you can hook up with 'chaingunner' and his group go for it. I ride with most all of them, not a bad one in the bunch.

Kosher
06-17-2012, 12:38 PM
We are on the same schedule, but we'll b coming from the Ionia area... have a few we have to pick up on the way.... Staying at the Buffalo Chip. I don't know how that helps... I could let you know what our exact plans are when it gets a little closer, all that is set in stone right now is the time were leaving, and heading back. I'm sure we could merge at some point around Michigan City... again, I'm guessing right now...

One other thing, We WILL be hitting either Sioux Falls, or Sioux City for the night, depends on how a few of the riders that are going handles it.... Mostly veteran distant riders, but a couple that are "training"... ;) but all will be good. We have 7 bikes goin right now.

Thanks for the offer! I'll have to consider it. Challenge will be getting to Ionia at a decent time in the morning.

The other thing I'm considering is an offer from someone on hdforums, they are leaving from Wakefield, IL. It would mean me leaving a day early, but I have close friends in Palatine which would be a very nice (and timely) visit. They are going from Wakefield to Mankato, MN on the first day.

Nobody
06-17-2012, 11:18 PM
I'm going to Sturgis!

...in mid July :D (only time I could take 2weeks of holiday back to back + I'm allergic to large crowds)

Chain
06-18-2012, 07:09 AM
No problem. Like I said, we could possibly meet, around Michigan City... you wouldn't have to go north out of your way to Ionia....

Be safe!

Kosher
06-18-2012, 09:04 AM
No problem. Like I said, we could possibly meet, around Michigan City... you wouldn't have to go north out of your way to Ionia....

Be safe!

By what time do you think you'll be at Michigan City?

Chain
06-18-2012, 09:45 AM
I'd think we'd be there bout 7-730am.

Kosher
06-18-2012, 06:42 PM
I'd think we'd be there bout 7-730am.

Yeah, nearly impossible for me to get there on the 3rd, so if I'm going to spend the night somewhere on the 2nd, might as well be in Chi-town.

We should definitely plan a TWM meetup in Sturgis!!