PDA

View Full Version : Shadow for sale

RedneckMedic
06-11-2012, 07:41 PM
Hey guys I've got my shadow posted on craigs list. I got approved for a new bike loan and am working out the details for a new bike so this one has to go. wish I could keep both I love this bike but just not going to be possible. I'm starting my asking price kinda high just to deal with the shit head low ballers on craigs list but my real asking price is 2500. So pass this along to friends of yours looking for a bike.

http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/mcy/3071910598.html

Gas Man
06-11-2012, 08:24 PM
I passed it along to my bud brandon...

Gas Man
06-11-2012, 08:36 PM
What are you looking to get?

SG?

RedneckMedic
06-11-2012, 08:55 PM
no after renting the road glide the other day I settled on the RG instead.

Gas Man
06-11-2012, 09:15 PM
Cool deal. I'm excited for you.

Nobody
06-11-2012, 11:10 PM
I just shot an email to my da, since he's been semi-looking for a while. I've been lobbying him strongly to get another bike for a while since I remember how much he liked commuting on his old suzuki 550 back when we lived in SoCal. Out of curiosity, what brand/style of bars are those? I'm modding my sporty's gas tank, and was pondering bars like that instead of putzing with risers to clear it.

Bagger Dave
06-11-2012, 11:19 PM
X2! cool shit Lance! :rockwoot:

RedneckMedic
06-12-2012, 12:53 AM
I just shot an email to my da, since he's been semi-looking for a while. I've been lobbying him strongly to get another bike for a while since I remember how much he liked commuting on his old suzuki 550 back when we lived in SoCal. Out of curiosity, what brand/style of bars are those? I'm modding my sporty's gas tank, and was pondering bars like that instead of putzing with risers to clear it.

they are road6customs 12in bars on the stock 4in risers

RedneckMedic
06-12-2012, 12:54 AM

X2! cool shit Lance! :rockwoot:

thx guys so am I. Plus today my grandpa bought an ultra classic and called and told me like 15 min after I got off the phone with the dealer.

Chain
06-12-2012, 11:30 AM
no after renting the road glide the other day I settled on the RG instead.

:iagree:

Nice choice!!!!!! That will be my next skoot! Maybe end of next year... :rockout:

Can't wait to see pics!!!!!!!!! What color?

RedneckMedic
06-12-2012, 11:57 AM
Its going to be vivid black and im going to be getting the abs and security too

Caveman
06-12-2012, 01:09 PM
Way to go Rugby!! welcome to the rest of us brainwashed fools on HD's

HAHA
:rockwoot:

Moesride
06-12-2012, 10:05 PM
Brainwashed fools...... :lmao:That's awesome Rugby!! Great choice on bike and color. Good for you man!!

RedneckMedic
06-15-2012, 01:36 PM
Well the Shadow is sold. It feels weird to look in the garage and not see it there. So hopefully I will be picking up the road glide next week.

Gas Man
06-15-2012, 02:53 PM
Awesome for you lance. I'm super excited for you!

Bagger Dave
06-15-2012, 08:52 PM
Well the Shadow is sold. It feels weird to look in the garage and not see it there. So hopefully I will be picking up the road glide next week.

Sweet! :whoop: :rockwoot:

Moesride
06-15-2012, 11:27 PM
Congrats Lance! Keep us posted on the new ride!

RedneckMedic
06-16-2012, 10:01 AM
Thanks guys. Had a moe sighting yesterday on michigan at 275 when i picked up my new furniture

Gas Man
06-16-2012, 10:53 AM
Did you aim for him Lance?

RedneckMedic
06-16-2012, 03:14 PM
No I didn't aim for him haha.

Anyways I'm super pumped. I sold the shadow for what I paid for it 3 years ago so excited about that. One post on craigs list with one response and got more than I thought I would for it. Tues. I am going to go pick up a denim black road glide from motor city harley in farmington. Can't wait to get out and put some miles on that thing.

Moesride
06-16-2012, 10:01 PM
Did you aim for him Lance? Damn.......rough crowd! :cheers: That's the think about these chopps.....ya cant hide..:chopper:

Gas Man
06-17-2012, 06:51 AM
WOW man... this whole thing is awesome. Good for you man!

Gas Man
06-17-2012, 06:55 AM
Damn.......rough crowd! :cheers: That's the think about these chopps.....ya cant hide..:chopper:

Hey it's how we show our love!! :lol:

RedneckMedic
06-18-2012, 04:08 PM
Ok guys so heres the deal im getting a little angry but just need to make sure I have a right to be. Sat the guy im dealing with at motorcity confirms they have the bike I want in stock and says I can pick it up monday or tuesday. I told him I work mondays so I'll be there tuesday to get it. So after that I put a 500 dposit on the bike to hold it for me and we hang up agreeing to see each other on tuesday and he is going to text me the vin so I can put insurance on it.

So no text the rest of the day saturday or sunday. So I call today and hes not at work. I find that funny because he told me Monday was option for me to pick it up. So now I'm supposed to pick up a bike tmr and this guy hasn't gotten back to me. I tried talking to the sales manager but he was off too so the girl who answers the phone was going to try and get a hold of him to help me out but still no call.

I guess what I'm asking you guys is do I get pissed at this guy get my deposit back and deal with someone else or give him another chance.

Gas Man
06-18-2012, 04:54 PM
I know a saleman at Motorcity... yours isn't Jason is it?

Bagger Dave
06-18-2012, 07:05 PM
if that was me...I would tell them to GFT! and find someone else! If your sale is not important to them, to not even be there...then you shoudn't be important enough to give them a sale.... but thats just me...sometimes I get too stubborn for shit like that.....no patience for games...especially when your dropping coin on a new bike!

RedneckMedic
06-18-2012, 08:09 PM
I called up there again and they were able to get ahold of him and get the vin for me so im still on to pick up the bike tomorrow so as long as everything goes ok he still gets the sale. If anything goes even a little off tomorrow im leaving and going to biker bobs. Especially since i now have insurance on the bike. Still going through progressive. Every one else i called was ridiculous. Aaa the company i have my truck through wanted 1600 dollars and were only going to split it up between 3 payments

Gas Man
06-18-2012, 08:42 PM
Call Wally Doran State Farm agent on west rd, trenton, mi.

You need to insure your truck there. Compare the pricing between the two of them... SF will be cheaper!

Bagger Dave
06-18-2012, 08:47 PM
Call Wally Doran State Farm agent on west rd, trenton, mi.

You need to insure your truck there. Compare the pricing between the two of them... SF will be cheaper!

I have State Farm also! they were waaaaay cheaper than Progressive!

Moesride
06-18-2012, 09:01 PM
I have Progressive and I'm happy with their Rates......then again I have a bunch of shit personal and buisiness through them so that bundling BS saves me some coin. Funny your going through the sales drama Lance, my BIL kinda went through the same shit at BB.......idk what the deal is with some of these sales guys, doesn't make sense.

RedneckMedic
06-18-2012, 09:03 PM
I went with this sales guy because me and my grandpa went through when we rented and he was always really cool. Hell get the deal from me but probably not get a recommendation from me

RedneckMedic
06-19-2012, 11:25 AM
Ya know things never seem to go as planned I get all excited having a good work out today and then the dealer calls and tells me the bike won't be in until tomorrow. ugggghhhh Lance angry Lance SMASH!!!!:biggun::evil:

Gas Man
06-19-2012, 11:41 AM
Tell him, then it will be ready for somebody else cause if it's not ready today you aren't buying it.

Caveman
06-19-2012, 01:02 PM
Ok, so heres my take on all this. The salesman is giving you the ropey-dope about the sale and info for the sale. He's an idiot, at best. Sellin bikes is his livelyhood and he is sucking at it. I would go through a sales place that deals straight. I know Dixon shoots pretty straight at BB's from talking with Chris but he's the sales and financial supervisor not the salesman. I have heard nothing but good things about Tecumseh and Steel City out west.
As for Insurance, my mother is my agent for AAA and I have all things insured there EXCEPT the scoot. They underwrite to a third party and is too expensive for being just a middleman. Plus, they really only write for 6 months 1May to 31Oct, if you want more then you are paying way more and its just not worth the hassle. So, begrudginly my Mom said to use Progressive as they have a good claims dept and do really well for motorcyclists. SF is a rip off if you are under 30 imho.
So, now you have been thoruoghly armed with knowledge and can make your own decisions. Good luck.

BTW what kind of RG are you getting? the ultra? or just the standard or classic? how bout some pics

RedneckMedic
06-19-2012, 05:57 PM
its the fltrx or road glide custom. its a 2012 and going to be in black denim heres a teaser pic......
http://www.chopperexchange.com/productimages/normal/275035.jpg

Gas Man
06-19-2012, 07:11 PM
Opposite from what Cave stated... insurance has always been a forum debate. Every time... and I MEAN EVERY TIME. State Farm wins. The only catch is to get the good price you have to insure a car/truck with them. This is ESPECIALLY huge for sportbike riders because SF insures by CC & cost not by style. Like I said, this is a ran, ran, and ran debate.

I have state farm and even with my big dog rebuild, was done with State Farm and I couldn't have asked for better service.

But hey to each their own.

Denimblack
06-19-2012, 10:35 PM
Got mine thru state farm, no one else could touch there prices. Also I would reccomend Tecumseh HD. I bought my streetglide there last year and Noone could even come close to the deal I got from them.

Gas Man
06-19-2012, 10:52 PM
its the fltrx or road glide custom. its a 2012 and going to be in black denim heres a teaser pic......

That is dead sexy... can't wait to see it!

Kosher
06-20-2012, 02:31 PM

Nice bike, how's the voltage regulator? In case you weren't aware there's a 'product program' (same as a recall, but called a 'product program' if its not safety related) on the 2012 bikes, voltage regulators going out with great regularity. To find out if you're affected, go to h-d.com, create a profile for your bike (you'll need your VIN), and it will tell you if your bike is affected.

https://www.box.com/s/d3794df7ba0c20cd178e

Gas Man
06-20-2012, 02:53 PM
That's great info Kosher.

I copied that post into it's own thread... a thread "you" made and didn't even know it. :lol:

Kosher
06-20-2012, 03:27 PM
That's great info Kosher.

I copied that post into it's own thread... a thread "you" made and didn't even know it. :lol:

Your omnipotence is breathtaking, LOL

Caveman
06-20-2012, 05:09 PM
Careful, Kosher his head is big enough already. It doesn't need to be inflated any more than what it already is.

:lmao:

RedneckMedic
06-21-2012, 12:15 PM
thanks kosher I'll check that out.

I don't know if its standard practice at all dealers but what I though was cool was when putting all the parts on the bike when they come off the delivery truck motor city installs the pig tails for a battery minder so its all set to go. just need to order one from don and i'll be all set.

Gas Man
06-21-2012, 11:44 PM
I know I'm awesome.

Gas Man
06-21-2012, 11:44 PM
Oh and the new bike is awesome looking.