PDA

View Full Version : Who likes to ride early? (long winded)

Thruxtonbill
06-10-2012, 04:22 PM
I absolutley love this time of year for just that reason, I don't sleep so when 4:30 rolls around I'm usually up with coffee in hand. This morning was perfect, just like yesterday when I met Mike at 6:30 to show him my new 100 mile loop from Shelby to Davisburg back to Lakeville and back home to Shelby. This morning was my time though. Sixtyfive degrees in the morning allows me to be ultra comfy in all my gear, so a last sip of my coffee, a last drag on my smoke, put in my earbuds and hit the pandora icon, Stevie Ray fires up......most excellent. The smells in the morning are fantastic, the lack of cars on the road even better. As I make a right on to Rochester rd from 25 mile I get some Hendrix in my buds and roll though the gears on the twin only to downshift as soon as I hit fifth to make the left on Orion rd, no cars in sight as I hammer the throttle through the first right hander, God I love the sound of my bike, I thought how lucky the fine folks who were awakened by my thunder to be greeted with such tone,... birds are overrated:evil:.
As I zigged on 24 over to Clarkston rd I was feeling sexy and Fuck (that's my bike:lol) was diggin it, you guys know the feeling right? when you and your bike are one, I mean we have good days and not so good days on the bike........THIS was a great day. Clarkston road has a couple of sets of nice twisties, I know them well and hit them all perfect. Through downtown Clarkston, Poundcake on Pandora, I was reminded I need to eat at the Woodshop again, I cut over to White lk rd and a quick right on Andersonville rd and more twisties, flying now, 100 indicated on the thrux. Braking hard coming into Davisburg,a hard right into town, I meet eye to eye with Mr Wilson who's at the of his driveway flapping his arms wanting me to slow down, I do cause for all I know he's the Cheif LEO. I soon make the left on Davisburg rd and put the hammer down, kinda fantasizing I'm in the Isle of man (I'm goofy that way).
After another nice set of twisties I turn right on Milford rd as the sun starts to warm the air and I ride through the trees shadows I get that warm cool thing goin on. I get through Holly and head west and north of Fenton on Fish lk rd and right on Grange hall rd to start heading back home. The roads are still empty as I think how lucky I am in life, still riding spirited but on auto pilot, trying to take it all in because on your bike is when you really feel alive. I get through Ortonville and head toward Oxford, guilty pleasure song comes on......"I don't wan..........ahhh nevermind. I make it to Lakeville and the last set of twisties before it gets grid boring again. I pull in the garage, take off my gear, have a smoke and slip in the house only to be greeted with bacon and eggs.....well that does not suck. All this before 8:30. I hope you guys had a great day as well.

leebo
06-10-2012, 04:55 PM
Tbill I know the twistys ur talkin bout I just got back from springfield inn off dixie.I take white lake rd from work when I ride in.and yes I love that ride all the way to andersonville rd but sometimes I swing over to boomers bike shop.n oakland county has some great rides if you know where to look

Denimblack
06-10-2012, 06:31 PM
:rockwoot: there's nothing better than an early morning ride on the weekend. The best weather, and traffic is basically a non factor. I love starting out from home around 6am or so and getting breakfast. From there ride where ever, normally out twards Irish hills, and ride a good 200-300 miles. Get home around 2pm and still get the yard work done! Lol.. I'd do that everyday if I could....

sprink
06-10-2012, 08:22 PM
I too was out early, but not quite so early. Met Sportsterpaul and Perry for breakfast at 8 in Waterford and made a run for a west side loop. Put in 200 miles before the heat got the best of me and we split up for home.

Mudpuppy
06-11-2012, 05:19 PM
only 1 thing to say:

http://missionfailedstudios.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/ohyeah.jpg

And night time riding this time of year is kick ass as well.

RedneckMedic
06-11-2012, 06:10 PM
I know exactly what you mean about having the good days on the bike when everything feels right there is nothing like it in the world. sounds like you had an awesome ride. I'm just never up that early so I like the sunset rides during the week because there isn't anyone out the roads and usually hit up the WSL for those rides.

Kosher
06-11-2012, 06:19 PM
I dig an early morning ride in the summer for sure, but its a challenge because my kids sleep in, I can usually get out by 8am, but as they get older (they are nearly 11 and 13), they will sleep in later. My garage is right under my daughter's bedroom, and my son's is right next to it.

Thruxtonbill
06-11-2012, 06:22 PM
so I like the sunset rides during the week because there isn't anyone out the roads and usually hit up the WSL for those rides.
I like those rides as well, only downside to either is deer, traffic pretty much pisses me off, having to be on the defensive all the time sucks all the fun out of it.

Thruxtonbill
06-11-2012, 06:25 PM
I dig an early morning ride in the summer for sure, but its a challenge because my kids sleep in, I can usually get out by 8am, but as they get older (they are nearly 11 and 13), they will sleep in later. My garage is right under my daughter's bedroom, and my son's is right next to it.

They're young and they'll go back to sleep or you could push it down the street.

detdrbuzzard
06-11-2012, 07:27 PM
sounds like some of you guys had a great weekend of riding. saturday i had to attend a 9a class for work. the class finished up at 1p and i rode to new boston to look at a trailer then a quick stop at roseneau for brake pads. then got suckered into helping a friend fix a couple bikes. sunday was mostly spent with my mom

Kosher
06-11-2012, 07:50 PM
They're young and they'll go back to sleep or you could push it down the street.

I'm going to have to count on the back to sleep option, my garage is around back down a hill, I aint pushin nuthin'. :)

Gas Man
06-11-2012, 08:42 PM
Great story!!!

I know what you mean, but I had to work this weekend and help move my brother into a new apt...

Needless to say my small ride to my cousin's grad party saturday afternoon was not nearly as nice...

Nobody
06-11-2012, 11:22 PM
I'm going to have to count on the back to sleep option, my garage is around back down a hill, I aint pushin nuthin'. :)

I just had this really damn amusing mental image of building a catapult system like on an aircraft carrier......:lmao:

I do most of my riding dusk or into the night. fewer people and since my skin colour comes in pale, pink, or red, it keeps me in the pale end of the spectrum. I've only had one or two brushes with deer whilst jamming out N. Territorial . Hell of an enjoyable road without some douche in a luxury car trying to run you over.

Chain
06-12-2012, 11:12 AM
Nice story! Love them early mornig rides.... and since I'm partial to UP riding... (sry, stuck on it... ;)....) It brings back great memories of many early morning UP rides... soo nice! Thanks! ;)

Gas Man
06-12-2012, 09:30 PM
Nice story! Love them early mornig rides.... and since I'm partial to UP riding... (sry, stuck on it... ;)....) It brings back great memories of many early morning UP rides... soo nice! Thanks! ;)

How far out are you from Mack?

Moesride
06-12-2012, 10:00 PM
Very nice Thrux........like Nobody, I do most of my riding late day into the night.

Chain
06-13-2012, 07:22 AM
How far out are you from Mack?

220 mls. from our garage door. Quick 3 hour jaunt, about how far it is from me to your area...

Gas Man
06-13-2012, 08:12 AM
WOW... so you're dead middle... cool. My FIL lives about 40 mins from the mack. Mancelona