PDA

View Full Version : can't get a break...

junkyardjon
06-06-2012, 11:28 PM
been working on one of my sohc cb750's, replaced the clutch with a barnett & heavy springs and slapped in an aftermarket cam. so after this i notice the drive chain has a split link, it was a sunday afternoon so i just picked up a lesser brand chain that'll work for now. so today i'm jammin home from work and i pull in the garage.... freakin oil is everywhere !!!!! after looking around i notice it's the seal behind the front sprocket. worst part is i just washed the bike which doesn't happen very much lol. so now i gotta rip into it again.

so i go to start my cb750 hondamatic, freakin battery is toasted. won't take a charge at all but i rode it yesturday so i know it's good.... nope it's toasted. so now i'm a little upset cause i gotta buy another battery, just bought one 1 month ago for another cb750. then the wife tell's me to run that battery back and tell them you just bought it last month, that worked and i walked out with a new battery !!!!

Gas Man
06-06-2012, 11:37 PM
Tough luck man... I hate when that happens.

Moesride
06-06-2012, 11:50 PM
That sucks junk! All you can do is shake your head......at least they gave you a new battery right.

Mudpuppy
06-07-2012, 10:35 AM
best solution: buy a yamaha

junkyardjon
06-07-2012, 11:47 PM
best solution: buy a yamaha

nah i already built a couple R6's and an R1. i'd rather work on my old ass honda's than those lol. i still have alot of parts left over and i'm gonna use a R6 frontend on my cb750 road raper. that is if i ever find time to make a new stem for it.

Gas Man
06-08-2012, 01:08 AM
Love it when dudes combine things like that.

Thruxtonbill
06-08-2012, 05:12 PM
Well all that sucks. Did you atleast get a paint job?

junkyardjon
06-08-2012, 07:52 PM
Well all that sucks. Did you atleast get a paint job?
funny you should say that about the paint job.. i had a P.O.S. petcock leak at the threads and now i gotta repaint the tank. yall have any idea how hard it is to match a flake paint job lol