PDA

View Full Version : Have you made any modifications to your motorcycle to make it more visible?

Gas Man
05-19-2012, 03:18 PM
I know I'm big on brake lights...

I have my center brake light, as well as my blinkers as brakes as well. I always run this way... 17 year old girl texting and driving needs to know I'm stopping.

Many kits sold to pulse the brake lights, I will tend to flash my brakes sometimes...

When I have my tourpack on, I have it's tail lights set to brake only/no running lights because I think it helps when a set of lights that aren't on come ON when the brakes are applied.

Have you added reflective tape or extra lights to increase your bike's visibility more?

I haven't done anything more... I'm actually known for ridding my bike of reflectors...

You?

sprink
05-19-2012, 09:02 PM
I have turn signals turned to brake lights. I also make sure to turn them on even when I don't need to brake.

JustABozo
05-19-2012, 10:26 PM
I've added LEDs into the turn-signal lamp housings to use as extra driving lights. Also added an array of LEDs into the brake light housing to add to the brake light brightness.

I changed out the old (1973) headlamp which was 35w with a new reflector that holds a H4 bulb, and wired the low- and high-beam switch to a pair of relays, instead of running all the lamp power through the switch.

:hi:

Gas Man
05-19-2012, 11:22 PM
Great job there new guy.

Kosher
05-20-2012, 06:04 AM
I have the run/turn/brake module on mine. But on the other hand, I removed the goofy reflectors.

Moesride
05-20-2012, 07:28 AM
Removed those cheesy bicycle reflectors that were on the bike as soon as I got it home from the dealer. LED rear brake lights are pretty bright on this bike. Other than that...nada

Remo
05-20-2012, 10:45 AM
I have been thinking about picking this up for the R1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_DAbY7NdIE&feature=player_embedded brake light flashed 3x when stopping.

Gas Man
05-20-2012, 11:11 AM
Yeah there are a bunch of those style flashy things...