PDA

View Full Version : Intl MC show(Novi)

Thruxtonbill
01-04-2009, 10:52 AM
I went yesterday, pretty much the same show as last year. I really went to get a look at the new Vmax, not that i would buy one, a bit pricey for me ($17600) but cool none the less. I was more impressed with the new suzuki gladius, although I don't care for the name (sounds like a female body part) it was smaller and lighter then I thought. Triumph made an apperance this year, unlike last, love those bikes (all of them) and the models were hot.
anyone else go?

vortech302
01-04-2009, 11:37 AM
I went on Friday.* I wanted to look at the CBR 1000 and the V Star 950, and left wanting a Super Duke or a Buell XB12S (and one of Biker Bob's models).* I also really liked that Gladius.

meinschaft
01-04-2009, 11:41 AM
I spent the afternoon there, wandering around.* Yep, I had the same impression: same show as last year.* Kinda tired, if you ask me.* We deserve better.* And why aren't more of the multitude of accessories manufacturers there?* It would be an opportunity for us to see, feel, try-on and buy their stuff.*

The VMAX is one bad-*ss mo fo of a bike.* The Gladius is nice, as is the Kawasaki Er-6n.* Back-to-the-basics kind of bikes with modern components and performance.*

Regarding the Triumph display -* for the record, the bikes were provided by the local Trump dealer, not the company; Triumph doesn't do bike shows, hasn't for several years now.*

Bob
01-04-2009, 12:05 PM
We went Saturday and I thought it sucked, unless I somehow missed a ton?* I did not see MV Augusta, Ural, or Hyosung.* I liked last years stunt show better.* I did not care for all the scooters but I understand why they are there.* I'd like to see manufacturers like Big Dog and Boss Hoss show one year.

I went in wanting a Sportster and the only thing that really changed is I sort of like the Suzuki cruisers and they seem to be a better value as far as what I saw.

I don't think there was a single bike that jumped out at me as really wanting it.* I loved the Victory's but they are so expensive and they feel like they have a lot of cheap parts on them.

detdrbuzzard
01-04-2009, 02:02 PM
i went saturday with bettyboop. we ran into meinschaft. the last time i went the show was still at cobo hall, now that a loooong time ago. can't say anything really impressed me. stopped over at the allstate insurance booth and those guys were saying it was better last year and heard a few people say the same. as for me i guess they are just not making anything i would want to buy or even dream about

sarge
01-04-2009, 10:28 PM
;D Went there today(sunday). I've been whining ever since ! Really like the Honda ST 1300.

Bob
01-04-2009, 10:55 PM
i went saturday with bettyboop. we ran into meinschaft. the last time i went the show was still at cobo hall, now that a loooong time ago. can't say anything really impressed me. stopped over at the allstate insurance booth and those guys were saying it was better last year and heard a few people say the same. as for me i guess they are just not making anything i would want to buy or even dream about

I took one of their exit surveys, for a free calendar since I needed an 09 calendar, so hopefully a lot of people said the show sucked on the surveys like I did.

B-Kinger
01-04-2009, 11:02 PM
Man, I love the Victory Ness Vision Street, the black one, what a damn Cadillac. Triumphs are always great, but I was disappointed they didn't have a Street Triple R there, can't wait to see the new Thunderbird. The Ducati Streetfighter was just gorgeous, as was the red with white stripes Desmo RR. For 72 grand, it better be nice tho. The V-maxes were bad ass, especially the custom one with the 230 or 240 tire, the KTM RC8 and Superdukes are so manly looking I think they should have a Conan the Barbarian Edition. The Buells were OK, I do like the XB12s over that new naked one with the 1125 motor, it fits my small 5'5" 150 lb frame better. Freaky plastic air scoops in the front are just too damn big tho, and that's coming froma B-King rider, ha ha. That's like Mick Jagger saying Steven Tyler's lips are too big. I don't know why I get so excited over the shows, I like almost every bike I see. I'd enjoy the shows even more if I actually had the money to buy another bike! I did walk out of there with those shamWOWs, ha ha. I took alot of pics, if anyone wants me to post some. Problem is, my camera takes pics that are very large files. I need to get photobucket.

Gas Man
01-05-2009, 01:30 AM
cough cough

detdrbuzzard
01-05-2009, 08:16 AM
i got shamwows too and gave bettyboop the second set

bettyboop1w
01-05-2009, 11:05 AM
I also liked the shadow 1300, still a little modifying needed I just dont see my feet and legs in the same position for a long ride.* I really liked the light blue gl1800.

B-Kinger
01-05-2009, 11:16 AM
Ha ha, those things are great. Went home and played with em, trying to soak up stuff. Yea, Monica loved that blue 'wing too. I dunno why, it just didn't seem like an appropriate color for a big bike like a Goldwing to me, but then again I have no sense of fashion, style, or taste whatsoever.

meinschaft
01-05-2009, 12:02 PM
B-Kinger: what do you mean no taste or sense of style?* You're riding a B-King, right?* That settles it.

The part I like least about the cycle show is that I walk out with a powerful jones-on, and NEED TO RIDE.* God, the winters are long & awful....................

Berto
01-05-2009, 02:06 PM
I was lame and missed the show... for me there was not really much that I wanted to see... the only bike I really want right now is the DRZ 400SM... I owned one for 3 years already, so I think I know what they are like.

Other than that, I really did not care to see anything else, so I save the $20-something expense to go.* Trying to save up to buy the Dr. Z...

The VTX is up for sale if anyone is interested.

pickle.of.doom
01-05-2009, 02:32 PM
They killed the DRZ :(

They left some godawful white thing with barbed wire on it and mudflaps in its place

B-Kinger
01-05-2009, 02:38 PM
I went to see the new V-max, the new Harley XR1200 and V-rod Muscle, the new Ducati Streetfighter and Desmo RR... I guess I went to see everything... I hear ya on the jonesin for a ride, I was fiendin for a little blast afterwards, and still am. Then again, when are we not??? I guess I have found myself the ideal bike for me, because even tho all of the bikes I wanted to see were just as awesome as I hoped they'd be, I still wouldn't give my current bike up in trade.

Berto
01-06-2009, 10:47 AM
They killed the DRZ :(

They left some godawful white thing with barbed wire on it and mudflaps in its place

Yeah... i am debating if I'll get another black one or go for the white one since it's an odd color.* I have to see it in person, but it looks cool... the 08 had flowers... so barbed wire sounds better.