PDA

View Full Version : Party! Party! Party!

chopsmitty
04-30-2012, 08:40 PM
In case you haven't heard, Jen and I are moving to Hawaii. I leave June 14th. We've met a few of the members here and would just like to post an open invitation to anyone who'd like to come and share in our good fortune and say aloha. We'll have a pig roast and a bunch of other yummies, some games with prizes, etc. We'll have our bikes on display and a fun little WCC to kick around on (even if you've had a few too many-it's ok, trust me). Bring a bed roll and we can put you up for the night!

Any questions call 616 836-3911

or email greg@chopsmitty.com

http://i357.photobucket.com/albums/oo11/chopsmitty/Alohainvite.jpg

Maybe Gas Man can move this if it is more appropriate somewhere else?

Caveman
04-30-2012, 09:08 PM
Chop, this sounds like a truly awesome time. I will be taking a look at the schedule here in a minute to make sure that I am off for this. I will have to tell the wife to make sure that she needs the day off and care for the kids set up. As we will probably be riding out camping or not I have a tent I can bring out for this.... Again this looks awesome and I absolutely LOVE pig roasts

chopsmitty
04-30-2012, 09:25 PM
EVERYBODY is welcome!! Room for camping in our back yard...or if the weather is rough we can all camp in the house.

Caveman
04-30-2012, 09:33 PM
Just looked at the schedule and I will be on my 7 day off stretch. Just got to get the days for the wifey and arrange for some one to watch my lil'uns

Gas Man
05-01-2012, 06:33 PM
Awesome idea... although I already have plans that weekend...

chopsmitty
05-01-2012, 09:58 PM
We figured a lot of people might have plans... But this is all we had avail. in our schedule. Sucks you can't make it Gas Man!

Nobody
05-01-2012, 10:54 PM
Sweet, I should be able to make it.

chopsmitty
05-01-2012, 10:56 PM
Yeah!!:rockwoot:

Caveman
05-02-2012, 01:44 AM
Awesome idea... although I already have plans that weekend...

Seriously?? :skep: You couldn't make an hour or two available for a fair send off to Chop? :td:

chopsmitty
05-02-2012, 06:41 AM
You know how these guys get when they turn into superstars...

http://i357.photobucket.com/albums/oo11/chopsmitty/CIMG2664.jpg

Gas Man
05-02-2012, 01:28 PM
We figured a lot of people might have plans... But this is all we had avail. in our schedule. Sucks you can't make it Gas Man!

Yeah Chop... sorry man. I have a huge family function that day out of town... I wont even be in my own transportation/vehicle.

chopsmitty
05-15-2012, 09:45 PM
100lb pig bought today... only thing left is booze! We have a special surprise lined up for everybody in attendance..

chopsmitty
05-15-2012, 09:46 PM
Yeah Chop... sorry man. I have a huge family function that day out of town... I wont even be in my own transportation/vehicle.

No prob. I totally understand with the holiday weekend - lots of people already have plans, but this was all we could do with my schedule . I leave for Hawaii on June 14th.

Gas Man
05-15-2012, 10:07 PM
Sounds like a good time man.

Be sure to not loose touch... post up when you get settled in down there in paradise!

chopsmitty
05-21-2012, 01:53 AM
Weather is looking alright for the weekend coming up... lets keep our fingers crossed! Bring your Hawaiian shirts!

chopsmitty
05-26-2012, 03:28 AM
We are all set here! PRIME TIME to be in attendance would be 4pm to 6pm although we will be 'open for business' 1pm till well after dark. Hope to see a few of you!

Nobody
05-27-2012, 02:56 PM
I won't be able to make it, my work. just called and they need me in butass early on mon instead of in the afternoon. Aparently thekid that was working the early shift busted his leg at his other job. If I don't run into you before you split from the main land, have a safe trip, and keep us posted from paradise.

Mudpuppy
05-30-2012, 01:35 PM
i totally missed this - until now.. of course sunday i wouldn't have been able to make it - i rode about 275 miles on the bike going from canton-novi-howell-memphis-canton. family bbqs, went out and saw my sister's horses - great day and never rained a drop on me while i was riding - poured like a motherfucker in memphis but i was sitting there enjoying the bbq anyways so fuck it.. ride home from memphis to canton was awesome - perfect weather..

anyways sorry i missed it - sounds like a blast.. hope the party went well and wish you the best of luck in the aloha state.. stay in touch for sure.. you should start 2wheelhawaii.com or something..

Gas Man
05-30-2012, 03:15 PM
We can make that domain/forum possible here. :lol:

chopsmitty
06-04-2012, 12:43 AM
That might be a possibility... Not much on the Big Island for the riding community.

Gas Man
06-04-2012, 12:47 AM
I thought there was a huge bike culture down there?!?

chopsmitty
06-04-2012, 12:59 AM
Right. I just haven't been able to find anything like what I'm used to here in West Michigan.
I hit this place sometimes daily - http://www.westmichiganbiker.com/calendar.htm#MAY
And of course I check here often. Most things I have done are out of state though.

To me, it doesn't look like there is anything besides a once a year ride (that's pretty big). I'm sure I'll find something when my feet hit the island. But the forum might be a good thing for me?

Mudpuppy
06-05-2012, 04:30 PM
my friend sammy is from hawaii - i can ask him for you if you want?

Gas Man
06-05-2012, 11:18 PM
You'll do good Chop. they probably need a man of your talents down there. I think unicycles are still popular down there! :lol:

chopsmitty
06-05-2012, 11:18 PM
Please do, Mudpuppy.

Mudpuppy
06-07-2012, 09:37 AM
send me your email in a PM and I will have him contact you.. he lives in Tennessee now but he moved from Honulu..

chopsmitty
06-21-2012, 02:42 AM
I made it out here. Wind blew pretty good for my first three days and rained all day today. I've got no wheels yet, so just walking back and forth to my new rental home and work.
I'll post up some pics pretty soon - gotta get into the groove.
So far the only thing I miss is being terribly busy with bike builds, hydrographics and my full time job .... No! Scratch that - THIS is the way to live.
Aloha!

Bagger Dave
06-21-2012, 06:26 AM
I made it out here. Wind blew pretty good for my first three days and rained all day today. I've got no wheels yet, so just walking back and forth to my new rental home and work.
I'll post up some pics pretty soon - gotta get into the groove.
So far the only thing I miss is being terribly busy with bike builds, hydrographics and my full time job .... No! Scratch that - THIS is the way to live.
Aloha!

cool man! living it up in paradise! :rockwoot:

RedneckMedic
06-21-2012, 12:09 PM
glad to here your enjoying your time down there you lucky sob

Gas Man
06-21-2012, 11:42 PM
I think I now hate you chop. That is whacked. Ok go ahead and rub it in. Get us some pics.