PDA

View Full Version : Well...another set of pipes scraped!!

Moesride
04-10-2012, 07:53 PM
This happend last weekend. BENT and SCRAPED!! I did the same thing to my original supertrapp pipes that were on the bike. I was going to change them out for the pipes I have now anyway so it really didn't bother me that much.
I know the bike sits low to begin with but I do have 6 inches from the street to the bottom of the bent pipe you see.
Anyone else tend to lean heavy on there bike? Man....this one really ticked me off.:bash:

Gas Man
04-10-2012, 08:22 PM
It's a VERY common issue on those pipes. You can actually just trim that part off the pipe and no longer drag. Many have done it... Just get under there with a dremel and get to work.

I suggest covering it with painters tape, draw out your line to maintain that scalped look and trim it.

sprink
04-10-2012, 08:28 PM
That sucks. Pipe could be an inch shorter and still look good. Poor design.

Gas Man
04-10-2012, 09:09 PM
It's V&H...

Nuff said.

Moesride
04-10-2012, 09:28 PM
Yah...it does suck sprink. I think your shorter by an inch design is a good one. I didn't think I was leaning that much anyway. I'm gonna keep riding and do some "max leans", meaning the most I'm comfortable at and then I'll trim the pipes like you suggested Chris, this way I'll trim it at the drag point.
These are the first V&H I have had on any bike so I'm no expert on them for sure but from what your saying Chris, they have there share of problems. Had a set of Cobra speedster longs on another bike I had and loved those pipes the most.

Kosher
04-10-2012, 09:52 PM
Hey, more back pressure! How does it sound? :)

Gas Man
04-10-2012, 11:03 PM
Well let me know Moe when they spit out Its own baffles. LOL

Caveman
04-10-2012, 11:41 PM
Well let me know Moe when they spit out Its own baffles. LOL

Gas has a love/hate relationship with V&H; meaning he loves to hate them. He's just mad cause for the month and a half that I was running with no baffle in my 2 into 1 on my Honda he was getting blamed for the loud @$$ bike that was wakin neighbors up at 4 in the AM :lmao:

As for your fix Moe I would go the route that Gas went with his Chopper, and design and have your own set of customs bent up for yourself. That would be the bomb.

Gas Man
04-11-2012, 06:11 AM
I think the neighbors finally know now that you're te loud one not me. I'm much more courteous.

Moesride
04-11-2012, 01:22 PM
More back Pressure!...Spewing out the baffles! You guys are Hilarious!! :lmao:
Customizing my own pipes is a good way to go Cave,but I'm really leaning towards a SG so I don't think I want to put any more coin into this ride. Biker Bobs offered me a pretty good trade - in value so....up to me now. On the fence!

RedneckMedic
04-11-2012, 03:05 PM
Customizing my own pipes is a good way to go Cave,but I'm really leaning towards a SG so I don't think I want to put any more coin into this ride. Biker Bobs offered me a pretty good trade - in value so....up to me now. On the fence!

I say do it!!! they had a nice denim black one in there last week plus that 103 in the new ones is the bomb.

Gas Man
04-11-2012, 09:40 PM

Just trim it like I said... plus it will look better if you go trade it in.

Moesride
04-12-2012, 08:57 AM
No dought that I'm going to trim it G man. As soon as I get some free time.
The Denim SG your talking about Rug is the bike I was looking at last week. I forget which day it was but Matt the sales guy offered me a test ride on it but I turned him down. It was one of those cold windy days and I froze my ass off riding to the dealesrship so I told him I'd be back when the weather was better.
Love the bike but for some reason having a hard time letting go of the BD.

Gas Man
04-12-2012, 11:58 AM
I can tell ya moe. It isn't easy but I love love love my bike.

Chain
04-13-2012, 04:31 PM
There's NO rules or laws that stay you have to trade the BD in... I wouldn't, NO WAY NO HOW. I think my wife would leave me.... We ride the Glide on anything longer than 150-200 milers, and the occasional charity ride, poker run, bar hop etc we ride the K9... IMO best of both worlds.....

Get a second JOB if you had too... js. :damn:

Moesride
04-14-2012, 08:43 AM
Yah....I hear you Gunner! Thought about that believe me. I just don't ride enough to have two bikes in the garage. Summer months are just to damn busy in our line of work. I think I'll just keep the BD since they make no more and down the road i'll add another bike when I'm actually able to take some longer trips....

Gas Man
04-14-2012, 05:33 PM
I would have loved to keep both. But I decided it was more cost saving to just have my ultra.

Chain
04-16-2012, 12:41 PM
Defenitely Gas... I put 10k on the SG (If I were able to ride to work it'd been 20k), and only 1500 on the chopper last year... NOT very "cost effective" but, I'm an addict.... ;)

Anyways... good luck on your trade! You really can't beat the touring bikes!

Gas Man
04-16-2012, 10:47 PM
Yeah 10k is where I like to be a year on my FLH. Last year I only did 5k so I think this year I need to 15k. Sounds reasonable to me...

Chain
04-17-2012, 07:04 AM
Go to Sturgis with us.... just saying... that'd give you 3500.... :rockwoot:

Gas Man
04-17-2012, 08:35 PM
Yeah but I'm not sure I can afford it this year... spending enough money on the backyard to buy another Nightster.