PDA

View Full Version : Friday 13th, Port Dover Ontario:

SportstersPaul
04-09-2012, 01:08 PM
Second chance this year to finally do it this coming Friday. Greg,(Sprink) and I will be leaving the States early morning, probably crossing over from Algonac. Great opportunity to enjoy Canadas largest bike rally. See tons of old British and Metric bikes and meet some great people. When's the last time you got out of the country?:pat:

Gas Man
04-09-2012, 03:04 PM
Good call on the short notice... puts it at the top of the home page!!

SportstersPaul
04-10-2012, 12:17 AM
Looks like it'll be a real small group, much like Grattan, oh well you gotta do what you gotta do............................ride safe.

SportstersPaul
04-17-2012, 01:13 AM
Took a leisurely cossing by ferry to Walpole Island, then ran up to London to "IronMick's", from there over to Stratford to intercept "ParalegalPete" on his way down from Kitchener. Thanks to our Canadian guides we wove our way down to Port Dover via low traffic back roads. Parked a block off the main drag and enjoyed great weather and a ton of bikers. Bid Mick adieu as he headed for home and I trailed Pete back to Kitchener. Watched hockey the whole evening, keep an eye on the Pittsburgh-Philly series, it promises to be most entertaining! Come on WINGS!!!!! Departed Pete's after a late breakfast and jumped on the 401 headed for home. Had an interesting detour,(on reserve), through the Oneida Nation reservation searching for gas as the skies opened up and dumped! Zigzagged over to County Road 2 and ran it down to Thamesville, gassed up and ran back to Wallaceburg, again crossing back over stateside at Algonac. Great riding but wonderful to be home. Maybe I'll get to run with some of you in July?

RedneckMedic
04-17-2012, 02:33 AM
good to here you had a good time I'm looking foreward to the trip