PDA

View Full Version : oOPS

Gas Man
03-22-2012, 07:42 PM
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=3c6_1332299048

Nobody
03-22-2012, 07:55 PM
Helos just don't tolerate fucking around too well. And when one decides it's had enough all you can do is hope your goodluck cheque clears the bank.

Moesride
03-22-2012, 08:33 PM
Luckily no one was killed.......Damn....not funny!!

Gas Man
03-22-2012, 08:54 PM
That is one cool ass machine!!

Caveman
03-23-2012, 12:15 AM
The apache is designed to take all that the pilot gave it there. However, rotorwing aircraft behave a little differently in the thin cool high altitude air. He shouldn't have tried to do such a steep dive and pull manuever. When I was stationed in Germany I was assigned to an Aviation Support Battalion and I fixed the comms equipment for the apaches and the blackhawks. However, to do some of the work I had to take the equipment to a different facility that had the clearance and the certifications to have the equipment to test the gear. I was able to secure blackhawk flights to said facility rather than having to drive up there. My first helo flight the pilot tried to give the vomit comet and did a lot of ground following maneuvers and then tried to drop the collective - while hovering at around 1500' the make the bird start to take on the characteristics of a rock and then pull it up at around the 500' mark. Much like riding the demon drop at Cedar Point. I asked to do it again cause it was better than any roller coaster I had riden before.

Gas Man
03-23-2012, 01:28 AM
Right now Cave... I hate you for that. That sounds like tons of fun!!!