PDA

View Full Version : Lucked up but Bumming !!

Moesride
03-12-2012, 06:16 PM
My bro-in-law and I take a ride yesterday and decide to pull into an auto parts store off Ford rd. to get a couple bulbs for his bike. I rarely park my bike in the lot for obvious reasons but didn't see anywhere else I could park, so as I pull into a parking spot (turning right into it) my front tire went over an area of spilled oil and whatever other shit was laying there,but my back tire did not. It slid right out from under me. I was only doing maybe 5mph and not paying attention like a fucking idiot. So the bike starts to fall over on it's right side. I planted my right leg down to keep it from falling over and well....I was able to save it from laying it on it's side. The right foot peg saved my bike!! Honestly, im shocked the peg didn't bend back, it held straight out like a kickstand. Not a scratch other then the peg. Lucked up. Kincked my back up though big time trying to keep it up. I was in an awkward position trying to keep 680lbs from falling over. Not gonna be able to ride for a bit. I keep thinking about what a dumbass I was . :bash:When you least expect it.....Fuck!!

Thruxtonbill
03-12-2012, 06:56 PM
680 lbs....wow. Glad you saved it.

Mad Dog
03-12-2012, 07:10 PM
Nice Save!
I have a fuck%d up back from time to time. Can you say narcotics?

sprink
03-12-2012, 08:42 PM
I used to get gas without putting the stand down. Once I leaned to the pump and the bike tipped. I stepped into it and stopped it from crashing into the pump/ground, but got my leg pinned under the primary and could not get leverage to pick it up. Luckily (and embarrasingly) I was with a group so I could call to the guy in front of me at the next pump to help. I had a massive bruise/burn on my calf, but that was it. Now the stand goes down, no matter what!

Caveman
03-13-2012, 12:22 AM
I also have often left the stand up when getting gas. However, I was having difficulty with the card reader on the pump and had to go inside. As I stepped off the bike I realized the hard way that the stand wasn't there for support. Needless to say I was quite embarrased when the bike tipped over to rest the hand grip and brake lever on the pump itself. Stood there long enough for me to get back around and lift it up and put it on the stand. So from now on there will always be sidestand down whether it leans on there or not while I get gas.

Bagger Dave
03-13-2012, 07:14 AM
Nice save Moe! damn :tremble: well at least your scoot is ok...take it easy bro and get better :drewpy:...I have every other fri-sun off...let me know when you want to hook up for a ride...I am off this fri-sun :rockwoot:

Moesride
03-13-2012, 08:49 PM
Nice save Moe! damn :tremble: well at least your scoot is ok...take it easy bro and get better :drewpy:...I have every other fri-sun off...let me know when you want to hook up for a ride...I am off this fri-sun :rockwoot: Thanks Dave...Doc says I bulged a disk, Damn!! Gonna be layed up for a bit, hopefully not to long. Might have been better off letting her kiss the ground if I'd have known this was gonna happen. Still can't believe I did that!!

Gas Man
03-13-2012, 11:36 PM
That sucks but at least you saved it.

You're back will be fine... take a break. Come over and help me put mine back together! :lol:

Moesride
03-14-2012, 10:52 AM
Nice Save!
I have a fuck%d up back from time to time. Can you say narcotics? Thanks Don......yup, Doc gave me a months worth of narcs. Not a big fan of any of that shit but it's helping me for sure.

Moesride
03-14-2012, 11:05 AM
That sucks but at least you saved it.

You're back will be fine... take a break. Come over and help me put mine back together! :lol: Thanks .... Only thing I can help with is maybe drink a few beers G-Man. :chug: I'd be a fish outta water compared to you on wrenching !

Thanks Thrux...goes to show yah, gotta be alert every second.

Gas Man
03-14-2012, 10:57 PM
Well Moe... come on over... I'll drink with ya and we'll bang on some shit. Hammers and maybe a torch will be required.