PDA

View Full Version : Happy,sad, depressed, pissed, and Happy again!

jerrygsx
03-07-2012, 07:43 PM
Well, I was glad to ride to work this am. Parked in my spot for bikes (a kind of cage with 2 walls, a ceiling, front and back with bar gates). The ride in was great. Came out of work only to find my bike laying on its left side. The heavy winds whipped through cage probably causing the bike to wobble right then topple over the left side. The sad, depressed and pissed part was the damage: left givi hard bag nasty scratch, the crank case scratched, clutch lever handle end broke off, left plastic fairing cracked around turn signal (which still works fine, go figure) and scratched. God bless Suzuki, I lifted bike back up, let it sit a minute and it still started up fine!! All damage mostly cosmetic and the ride home on freeways was fine in spite of the wind (the Happy again part). I already ordered a new clutch lever and used my old faithful repair tool on the fairing ...
Gorilla Glue! I will repaint the crack with simple Gloss black Rustoleum. If anyone knows a body shop that can plastic weld and paint the plastic fairing (new ones run about 300 /side) let me know.

Thruxtonbill
03-07-2012, 09:31 PM
That sucks Jerry, saw mine move at the gas pump, freaked me out. You can fix it all buddy.

Kosher
03-07-2012, 10:00 PM
Sorry to hear it, I live in fear of my bike toppling over, but I'm sure it will be for some dumb ass move on my part, at least you had no control over it. Hope you get it fixed up good as new soon...

Nobody
03-07-2012, 10:23 PM
I got slammed into my truck just taking the rubish bin to the curb, decided against riding in.

Gas Man
03-08-2012, 09:05 AM
Yeah it was a windy prick yesterday. Oh well... I was at the tat shop so I didn't ride.

Sorry to hear about that Jerry that sucks. But like you said, glad you were able to get out and ride.

Kosher, don't worry about anything man. We have heavy harley's they aren't going anywhere.

jerrygsx
03-08-2012, 06:16 PM
Thanks all for the posts. As far as sportbikes are concerned, my GSX650F is considered to be a heavy tank (weighs about 500 lbs) and it still blew over. Gonna try to touch up some paint tonight. Gorilla glue on the fairing is holding like a beast! I complained to our parking services to get some kind of wind blocker on the gates, but probably didn't do any good until a bike falls on top of a 20000$ Harley!!

Moesride
03-08-2012, 08:00 PM
Been there Jerry. I know what it feels like to see your bike laying on it's side. Strong winds yesterday for sure but I'm surprised it blew the bike over at 500lbs....

Gas Man
03-08-2012, 11:09 PM
Jerry you didn't have your bike covered did you?

I had my sportbike blow over one night in a storm, it was parked outside under a bike cover. The cover acted as a sail.

jerrygsx
03-09-2012, 07:09 PM
Nope Chris, bike was not covered, wind still managed to blow it over. I repaired and touched up what I could, clutch lever is on its way, and I am ready to move on and ride. Why bother to spend big money on new fairings only to have something stupid happen to them also.

Gas Man
03-10-2012, 10:36 PM
Yeah... I have also liked the zip tie stitching repair...