PDA

View Full Version : Shooting in town

telecast
02-28-2012, 03:49 PM
Last Friday a guy got shot aboout 1/2 mile from my house.

Two guys break in, tie up a man, his mom, and an unidentified woman. They beat them all, then rob the place. When they leave, the man gets loose, grabs a gun and tracks them about 200 yards through the snow to their car, where he shoots one of them in the back. The other one got away.

The robbery victim, who is also the murder suspect (but we'll call him 'Dumbass' to keep this all straight) is taken into custody pending an investigation. Meanwhile, the shooting victim, who is also one of the robbers, (hereinafter referred to as 'Scumbag') is identified as someone with a long record of burglury, drugs, assault charges and convictions. The second robber, (we'll call him 'Lucky Motherfucker') is no where to be found.

Dumbass is eventually charged with manslaughter. Yes, you can defend your home. No, you can't hunt someone down and shoot them in the back. Once Scumbag and Lucky Motherfucker left the house, Dumbass can't shoot them. Sorry, if you're going to kill someone you must play by the rules.

But wait, there's more:

It turns out Dumbass is a medical pot grower. Scumbag and Lucky Motherfucker found out and targeted his house. It also turns out Dumbass is growing more pot than the state allows. A lot more. So, they bring drug charges against him in addition to manslaughter.

Now, a couple of thoughts here.

First, if I was legally growing pot in quantity, I sure as hell wouldn't do it at home for just this reason. And certainly not if my mother lived with me.

Second, if I was going to rob a pot grower, I would naturally assume firearms are a part of his daily life.

Third, if I was growing pot in the amount required to supply medical marijuana dispensaries, I think I'd be carrying a gun all the time. So would everyone else in the house. ie: Scumbag and Lucky Motherfucker wouldn't have gotten past the living room to begin with.

There are a few more, but I'll stop there.

These guys are all morons. The only diffference between them is one is a lucky moron.

I'm glad Scumbag is no longer around. I am a bit concerned that Lucky Motherfucker will come back for revenge, either to Dumbass or his roomates, although it doesn't concern me too terribly much. And to be honest, I'm not all that upset about Dumbass going to jail for, well, being a dumbass.

But I have to admit I'm glad this was a targeted robbery and not some random act. My town has been somewhat exempt from this kind of shit so far. This is the second shooting in about 15 years. I'd like to see it stay that way.

Kosher
02-28-2012, 04:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZACwVOJXpn0

Thruxtonbill
02-28-2012, 06:05 PM
A John Prine reference......wow, where are my cds?

telecast
02-28-2012, 07:06 PM
Haven't heard that since 'Saturday Morning Over Easy'.

Gas Man
02-28-2012, 11:14 PM
Nice story. Got a link to a news article on this? It surely had to have made the paper.

Nobody
02-29-2012, 01:23 AM
Dear Abby, Dear Abby,

My house just got robbed,
They broke in and tied us all up even my mom,
I was grownin' green and they took all my stash,
I shot one in the back now I'm in jail waitin' to make bail,
Signed Just-robbed

Just-robbed, Just-robbed...

You have no complaint
You are what your are and you ain't what you ain't
So listen up Buster, and listen up good
Stop wishing for bad luck and knocking on wood.......

Kosher
02-29-2012, 01:25 AM
Perfect! :)

Dear Abby, Dear Abby,

Signed Just-robbed

You have no complaint

Thruxtonbill
02-29-2012, 05:05 AM
Dear Abby, Dear Abby,

Signed Just-robbed

You have no complaint

:lmao:

Thruxtonbill
02-29-2012, 08:54 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_sWk6rmTCU

Dumbass was a carpenter, he built houses to grow weed
it made him all the cash that him and his mom would need,
scumbag and his pal named lucky decided to steal his stash
this made dumbass pissed off and really burned his ass
he chased down old scumbag and put a bullet in his back
now he's headed to prison on a one way track
the moral of the story is be careful where you plant you seed,
and never tell your buddies where you grow your weed.

Gas Man
02-29-2012, 08:56 AM
You guys are poet's
I didnt know it.

meinschaft
02-29-2012, 10:19 AM
Nice story. Got a link to a news article on this? It surely had to have made the paper.

http://www.annarbor.com/news/crime/man-charged-in-fatal-shooting-in-milan/

Gas Man
02-29-2012, 10:50 AM
A piece of shit gets robbed by a worthless fuck.

The worse part about this story is how it makes good gun owners look like. This guy is not like you & I but his actions will speak volumes to the liberals about gun ownership and the right to defend our property. The speaking won't be positive to our beliefs either!

telecast
02-29-2012, 12:41 PM
More than that, this speaks directly to the idiotic medical marijuana law. This is not an uncommon occurance.

They should either put the law back like it was, or legalize it.

If they leave it as is and someone wants to grow pot under the current law there should be certain rules for the structure and it's location.

Moesride
02-29-2012, 06:23 PM
Way to weed out the gene pool......all kinds of issues come into play after an idiotic episode these clowns put together.

Mad Dog
02-29-2012, 09:29 PM
WTF!!!! How Did I Miss All This Fun!:lmao: