PDA

View Full Version : do you owne a super bike?

detdrbuzzard
12-16-2008, 05:53 PM
do you owne a super bike? what makes it super? i'll tell about my super bike later or you can ask bettyboop , snoop, or maybe even blue2153 about my super bike

Berto
12-17-2008, 09:39 AM
Are you asking like "SUPER" with a list... Big Gay Al super...

This kind of "super"?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v208/ ... yche99.jpg (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v208/NYFindingo/drzsm_psyche99.jpg)[/img]

Also, I like supermoto... so my bikes have been super...

B-Kinger
12-17-2008, 01:35 PM
It sure is getting hard to call certain bikes superbikes nowadays, because the bar is repeatedly getting raised so high year to year. What made a superbike 5 years ago is just in the middle of the performance pack now. Moto GP bikes are all superbikes, as are most of those used in professional motorsports. I'd certainly call most of the current literbikes superbikes, (and that goes for many 600cc, 675cc, and a certain 750cc bike as well) although 99 percent of the buying public will never see their full potential, because their riding capabilities are way below the bikes. Grading on a curve, that is, against the rest of the pack, certain ones stand out, that's for sure. Is my B-King a superbike? I recon so. Almost telepathic handling, fantastic, fully adjustable suspension, brakes that will lift the rear tire with one finger, and an endless, linear torque curve that'll flatten my eyeballs with a twist of the wrist. It's at least super in MY book. Maybe that's all that matters. Wait a minute...that IS all that matters! You tricked me! See your local Suzuki dealer today, easy financing available.* :)

12-17-2008, 01:51 PM
It's at least super in MY book. Maybe that's all that matters. Wait a minute...that IS all that matters!

LOL! Agreed.* ;)

So Doc, tell us about your "super" bike. And don't forget the pics either.* 8)

detdrbuzzard
12-17-2008, 03:32 PM
no not that gay looking supermoto but a super bike. does the displacement of your bike make it super? ;D

B-Kinger
12-17-2008, 05:06 PM
HA HA, I actually think that bike looks pretty cool! Although my girl has been making me watch "what Not to Wear" a little too much. I don't think displacement really matters, it's outright performance and engineering, with maybe some beauty thrown in there. Ducati rings a bell or 3. 749, 848, whatever. Why am I thinking that there is a surprise coming here?

12-17-2008, 07:08 PM
So Doc, tell us about your "super" bike. And don't forget the pics either.* 8)

detdrbuzzard
12-17-2008, 08:27 PM
not yet, i want to see who else replys ;D

12-18-2008, 03:37 AM
Alright then

B-Kinger
12-18-2008, 09:27 AM
Are you going to post that pic of that giant motorcycle running over a car? That's not exactly a superbike, but it would be just as fun, nonetheless! Oh how I'd love to ride that thing home from work down M59 just ONCE.

Berto
12-18-2008, 01:55 PM
This bike is "super"

http://www.balsamfir.com/MotoJournal/mo ... M-Pink.jpg (http://www.balsamfir.com/MotoJournal/moto/images/KTM-Pink.jpg)[/img]

B-Kinger
12-18-2008, 04:39 PM
Apparently, so is THIS one...

B-Kinger
12-18-2008, 09:35 PM
Here's what ONE man thinks is a superbike. He must be huge.

detdrbuzzard
12-21-2008, 08:36 PM
well i would have to say that the cb450sc is my super bike. i had a katana 1100 up until '97 and sold it to get another bike but that never happened because i got hurt on the job* july '98. that injury kept me off bikes. i still had the '75 and '79 750k bikes but couldn't ride. had to transfer jobs at ford, couldn't do the old work anymore. after talking bikes on the job last year and with the price of gas going up i decided to get another bike. it didn't have to be big afterall its only four miles to work. so i was thinking cb 350 honda but wait lets get something that doesn't have points and condensers to change. what i found was a cb 450 nighthawk. still didn't know if i could ride though. but went up to columbiaville and bought it anyway and had to ride it home. got uncomfortable going through oxford but relaxed and had an uneventful very enjoyable ride home. well what do you know i CAN ride again!! now lets get something i've always wanted a 1200 goldwing. my super bike has been the way everyone in the family has learne or relearned to ride and my 14yr old nephews first bike with a clutch. super i tell ya

Berto
12-22-2008, 06:49 AM
Nice... I guess to each their own.* We all have our idea of a superbike.

bettyboop1w
12-22-2008, 02:58 PM
oh man.* I thought you were going to wait for me to respond, but my computer has been in virus mode.* Back on line now and must say that 450 still has some more teaching to do super to me too.

pickle.of.doom
12-22-2008, 03:22 PM
I have a SUPERhawk and SUPERmoto ..... does that count?* ???

detdrbuzzard
12-22-2008, 04:50 PM
it only has to be super to you p.o.d

Berto
12-23-2008, 08:23 AM
Those super chickens are some of the best sounding bikes out there.

Pickle, how's the moto mechanic school coming along?

pickle.of.doom
12-23-2008, 03:25 PM
Good... Just finished up the advanced dyno tuning class, which will be the area I hope to end up in. I have one class to go this next semester and I am pretty much finished. There will be one more performance engine building class that I will want to take, but that can wait.

B-Kinger
12-23-2008, 09:12 PM
I guess they all count, but if we really consider what an actual superbike is, most of our bikes would be out. If you've ever witnessed an actual motogp event, you leave quite humbled.*

sarge
12-23-2008, 09:36 PM
My Valkyrie is a very super bike to me ! ;D

B-Kinger
12-23-2008, 11:28 PM
Can't argue with that! Tryin to keep up with one at the Tail of the Dragon has ME convinced! I hear they accelerate so hard that it'll rip yer helmet from yer head on the freeway. Once in a while you'll see a helmet tumblin down I-75.

detdrbuzzard
12-24-2008, 10:55 AM
My Valkyrie is a very super bike to me ! ;D
hello and welcome to 2wheel mich sarge. while i love my 1500 wing and think its super also from a kid i always wanted a small twin ( and i have had several ) but my 450 is the one that got me back on two wheels and i still like taking it for a ride. if i keep a plate on it i will ride it to port huron next year