PDA

View Full Version : Vance And Hines Power Dual Exhaust For 2010-2012 Harley Baggers

Gas Man
02-11-2012, 10:17 PM
I'm not a big V&H fan for choppers but for baggers they are a decent option.

For your Harley FL, Power Duals integrates an exclusive Vance & Hines Power Chamber hidden behind a contoured heat shield that generates more horsepower and torque than stock. This new right side design eliminates the heat issues on the left side for the passenger, routing hot exhaust gases below the foot peg and protecting vital engine components and side covers from heat damage. For an even more complete performance package, pair Power Duals with any of the Vance & Hines slip-on mufflers, Fuelpak fuel management and air filter kits Duke or Drak. Power Duals is fitted with oxygen sensor ports making it a seamless power upgrade from stock. MSRP $599.95. Vance & Hines (http://www.vanceandhines.com/).

alhall88
02-12-2012, 07:19 AM
I'm not a fan of the power duals regardless of horsepower claims. Lots of people also complain that these drag the ground something terrible. The dresser duals however look better,sound way better and really not much difference in horsepower loss/gain. I have the dresser duals on mine and can't complain one bit.

Moesride
02-12-2012, 07:57 AM
Why aren't you a fan of V&H pipes on a chopper Chris? Don't know a hell of a lot about the differences in brands...just curious.

Kosher
02-12-2012, 08:04 AM
I hear a lot about dragging with the power duals, and I have a bike which I want to keep a classic look on, so at that point if you want a 2-1-2 system, your choices are Fuelmoto and Fullsac. They both allow you to keep your stock heat shields. Fuelmoto's 2-1-2 offering has ceramic coating inside and out, Fullsac has only exterior coating, both great pipes.

Gas Man
02-12-2012, 08:44 AM
Moe. Every set of v&h on a big dog seem to rattle them to pieces. The most popular was the big radious. They are known for both breaking the heat shield clamp points and, most noted, spitting out their baffles. The weld for the baffle nut would break and pop!

Same baffle problem even occurred on cavemans Honda on the v&h 2:1 somin... Can't remember the name.

Moesride
02-12-2012, 09:53 AM
Yeah....I can see this happening Chris.. Can't say I was completely ignorant in the possibility of things rattling apart. When I first start up that's when I get the most vibration, settles down fairly nicely after that. Really need to keep an eye on this! I still have my supertrapp stockers. I do like the way they look but the sound??.......sounds like a popcorn fart!

Gas Man
02-12-2012, 12:27 PM
You may have either one of the things I listed broken.

Do you have full baffles? A good trick is to remove them, cut them in half and put them back in.

Moesride
02-12-2012, 04:05 PM
You may have either one of the things I listed broken.

Do you have full baffles? A good trick is to remove them, cut them in half and put them back in.

Didn't alter the pipes in any way. Only thing I had to do was make my own mounting bracket to fit the V&H big radius. Brackets still on preety tight.Clamps are tight and unbroken. Don't know about the baffles. If I were to take them out and cut them in half, wouldn't that make the pipes louder? Don't want them any louder than they are now for sure.

Gas Man
02-12-2012, 07:27 PM
OH yeah cutting the baffle makes em louder... much more.

The clamps could be tight but no longer securely welded to the heat shields. The only way to properly check is to remove the heat shields.

Moesride
02-12-2012, 10:10 PM
When it gets a little warmer I'm going to give it a thorough inspection. As far as baffles, no way do I want it any louder.I can wake up the dead when I start the bike in the garage now.

Gas Man
02-13-2012, 01:23 PM
Wait till you hear chopper Dave's pipes!!!

GP-FLHR
02-13-2012, 03:24 PM
Moe. Every set of v&h on a big dog seem to rattle them to pieces. The most popular was the big radious. They are known for both breaking the heat shield clamp points and, most noted, spitting out their baffles. The weld for the baffle nut would break and pop!

Same baffle problem even occurred on cavemans Honda on the v&h 2:1 somin... Can't remember the name.

My Brother has a 08 Big Dog I don't know what model but it has a softail rear and 300 tire and a long front end. He has the Big Radius and the large black bracket broke at the weld. He has it at some odd place in GR to have it fixed and chromed. I will tell him to keep a close watch on the baffles.

This part is a Edit, I'm not trying to bash V&H products. I've had 2 Harleys with V&H and had no problems. Looks like on some Big Dogs they might have some kind of problem , I've seen it on my Brothers BD.

Kosher
02-13-2012, 03:31 PM
Kind of a thread fork to V&H bashing, but my experience with their products hasnt been without problems.

On my V&H Fishtails, the stupid rubber chuck that goes in the hanger bracket kept coming out on the right side. 2nd pic is the dealer's answer to this, but I still dont have a great feeling about it.

http://keithhu.smugmug.com/Other/Stuff-Bucket/i-N9kRwG7/0/X3/P1010801-X3.jpghttp://keithhu.smugmug.com/Other/Stuff-Bucket/i-5XFsjrV/0/X3/WP000092-X3.jpg

Gas Man
02-13-2012, 09:23 PM
Yeah the V&H BR mount is another notorious break point. It seems like if it breaks it will keep breaking unless you beef it up.

Gas Man
02-13-2012, 09:23 PM
Kosher... that looks like hell. Granted you don't see it under the bag...

Kosher
02-13-2012, 10:21 PM
Kosher... that looks like hell. Granted you don't see it under the bag...

Yeah, you cant see it at all, big question is how long it will last.

Gas Man
02-13-2012, 11:21 PM
So true. Remembering it will get hot.

alhall88
02-14-2012, 03:26 AM
Kosher I had the 3 inch samson fishtails on mine and never had that problem, wonder what the difference is.