PDA

View Full Version : Help TWM grow...

Gas Man
02-05-2012, 12:10 PM
So it's been 4 months since I took over the forum... :didntdo: actually I did.

We have done LOTS of changes and hopefully they are viewed as enhancements/improvements.
:poop:

Forum Changes (http://www.twowheelmichigan.com/showthread.php?2640-Forum-Changes-Done-amp-Upcoming) have been very public. I'm not hiding anything and want to keep this forum open to change. Allowing the regular users feel like they can always help, suggest, and influence change.
We got the ever wanted smilies! :werd:

I have got biz cards
Take 1
(http://www.twowheelmichigan.com/showthread.php?2941-TWM-Biz-Cards-ARE-IN!!!)&
Take 2
(http://www.twowheelmichigan.com/showthread.php?2964-TWM-Biz-Cards-are-in-TAKE-2)
Got the front page setup. And let's remember it will do wonders for Short Ride Notices as described below.

...The top News section in the middle of the front page will post SHORT NOTICE rides...

So basically if you post a thread in short notice it will get put on the top of the front page... I hope this helps get the attention of us of short notice rides...

WHAT CAN WE DO TO HELP INCREASE PARTICIPATION OF THE MEMEBERS WE ALREADY HAVE AND TO BRING IN MORE???

Ideas:

I'm hoping to use the take 1 biz cards at some bike events... do seat drops with these cards. How well do you think this will work?:pc:
I have tried craigslist ads but they end up getting flagged for removal...
I am considering a Member Referral contest.
A booth at an MC event? I would need help manning it and referal to such an event.

sprink
02-05-2012, 12:49 PM
How about an official looking e-mail invite, with the logo and links, that members could send to friends. Some forums wouldn't appreciate mentioning this site on theirs, but I could sent a few e-mails.

Gas Man
02-05-2012, 01:25 PM
Ok, that might work.... I will work on something right now.

Yeah I don't want to step on anybody's toes. The other forums I have hyper links and sig links... I have got permission.

WILEY
02-05-2012, 01:30 PM
PM sent.

Will try to get some interest here in the middle of the mitten.

Might wanna just host a Two Wheel Michigan event.

People are always looking for a reason to ride somewhere, do it at a bar/retaurant that is a normal gathering place for bikes, they want the extra traffic, and then dont have to deal with trying to get food/drink vendors.

Gas Man
02-05-2012, 01:40 PM
Good idea Wiley on the event.

Perhaps I can buy a big banner that we could use.

RedneckMedic
02-05-2012, 02:06 PM
Great Ideas I like the event idea more than the booth idea because unless theres something I'm looking for or something that really catches my eye like a foam cooler that got turned into a speaker I usually dont stop at the booths at mc events

Gas Man
02-05-2012, 05:32 PM
Good point rugby

Bagger Dave
02-05-2012, 09:15 PM
I already told my friend Jill who is owner of Foto-Grafix studio in Marysville,MI.
I will try to get her to sign up...I know she wants to do more bikes in HDR Imaging..
she did a great job on my scoot!

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x59/davessleeve/Bike%20shoot%2011-21-11/Photoshoot11-21-113.jpg

Gas Man
02-05-2012, 09:28 PM
Can't wait for her to join. Tell her to introduce herself when she joins and get ahold of me...

toby
02-06-2012, 08:12 AM
booth at an MC event? sounds like a good idea. i put some biz cards on others bikes i seen .

Thruxtonbill
02-06-2012, 08:55 AM
Chris you've made this forum %100 better and I think we all owe you for that. Are you still mailing Biz cards out?

Mad Dog
02-06-2012, 11:26 AM
Not sure how much i can do from NY but i'll keep the logo and link on all outgoing emails.

Hawgrider
02-06-2012, 12:22 PM
So it's been 4 months since I took over the forum... :didntdo: actually I did.

We have done LOTS of changes and hopefully they are viewed as enhancements/improvements.
:poop:

Forum Changes (http://www.twowheelmichigan.com/showthread.php?2640-Forum-Changes-Done-amp-Upcoming) have been very public. I'm not hiding anything and want to keep this forum open to change. Allowing the regular users feel like they can always help, suggest, and influence change.
We got the ever wanted smilies! :werd:

I have got biz cards
Take 1
(http://www.twowheelmichigan.com/showthread.php?2941-TWM-Biz-Cards-ARE-IN!!!)&
Take 2
(http://www.twowheelmichigan.com/showthread.php?2964-TWM-Biz-Cards-are-in-TAKE-2)
Got the front page setup. And let's remember it will do wonders for Short Ride Notices as described below.

WHAT CAN WE DO TO HELP INCREASE PARTICIPATION OF THE MEMEBERS WE ALREADY HAVE AND TO BRING IN MORE???

Ideas:

I'm hoping to use the take 1 biz cards at some bike events... do seat drops with these cards. How well do you think this will work?:pc:
I have tried craigslist ads but they end up getting flagged for removal...
I am considering a Member Referral contest.
A booth at an MC event? I would need help manning it and referal to such an event.

Just my opinion and my opinion doesn't matter much here but Seat drops ? Not a good Idea! If I found your junk on my seat at some bike night Id be hunting the people who left ads ,paper, flyers, junk on my scoot. I think its disrespectful to leave anything on someones bike. Look all you want but don't touch my bike and don't leave any crap on it. Just something to chew on. The guys I ride with don't mess around with people messing with their scoots.

Remo
02-06-2012, 12:28 PM
I will be carrying the business cards in my bike and I will pass them out as I speak to other people with motorcycles...

Gas Man
02-06-2012, 05:36 PM
booth at an MC event? sounds like a good idea. i put some biz cards on others bikes i seen .

Yeah, peeps should let me know if you see any decent bike events for this idea.

Chris you've made this forum 0 better and I think we all owe you for that. Are you still mailing Biz cards out?

Thanks Bill. I am still sending out cards. PM me and I can send ya some. Also tell me which design you would like.

Not sure how much i can do from NY but i'll keep the logo and link on all outgoing emails.

You do enough and I appreciate it!! Thanks as always Don!!

Just my opinion and my opinion doesn't matter much here but Seat drops ? Not a good Idea! If I found your junk on my seat at some bike night Id be hunting the people who left ads ,paper, flyers, junk on my scoot. I think its disrespectful to leave anything on someones bike. Look all you want but don't touch my bike and don't leave any crap on it. Just something to chew on. The guys I ride with don't mess around with people messing with their scoots.

And that is actually my concern. I do try consider that we aren't selling anything and are trying to help others get involved in rides and such. Not sure if that helps any though. But that is the piont in this thread, to help drum up ideas and listen to what people say about those ideas.

I will be carrying the business cards in my bike and I will pass them out as I speak to other people with motorcycles...

Thanks Remo!!

RedneckMedic
02-06-2012, 08:41 PM
didnt have any biz cards with me today at work but I wrote the website down for a guy at work today. new job meeting new people so I'm going to take a few with me next time.

Moesride
02-06-2012, 10:04 PM
I like WILEYS idea of hosting an event. People are always itching to ride somewhere. Good idea on this.

Two wheel michigan shirts..... I know your planning on making shirts with the michigan logo Chris, this might also draw some attention. I know I find myself reading T-shirts people wear. With the Logo we have, it should draw attention. Might help.

As far as dropping buisiness cards on bike seats or sticking them under a windshield wiper blade at a bike event, whats wrong with that? It's a small card promoting comradery with people that enjoy riding. No harm no foul on this , not selling anything right?

I'm gonna hit up the Gibralter Trade Center this weekend for the swap meet and pass some cards out to people.

Gas Man
02-06-2012, 10:58 PM
didnt have any biz cards with me today at work but I wrote the website down for a guy at work today. new job meeting new people so I'm going to take a few with me next time.

Thanks bud!

I like WILEYS idea of hosting an event. People are always itching to ride somewhere. Good idea on this.

Two wheel michigan shirts..... I know your planning on making shirts with the michigan logo Chris, this might also draw some attention. I know I find myself reading T-shirts people wear. With the Logo we have, it should draw attention. Might help.

As far as dropping buisiness cards on bike seats or sticking them under a windshield wiper blade at a bike event, whats wrong with that? It's a small card promoting comradery with people that enjoy riding. No harm no foul on this , not selling anything right?

I'm gonna hit up the Gibralter Trade Center this weekend for the swap meet and pass some cards out to people.

I hear ya Moe!

Remo
02-07-2012, 01:41 PM
I carry a few cards in my wallet, as I run across fellow riders that have a serious interest in networking with other riders I will pass them out.