PDA

View Full Version : 53 degrees

Lrider
01-31-2012, 04:25 PM
January 31 and it's 53 degrees in Grand Rapids, ya gotta love this global warming!!!!!!:whoop:

Mad Dog
01-31-2012, 06:50 PM
Same here 53 with a lake wind........ Lets hope for an early spring.
The problem we have here in Buffalo is that they have an ice boom
that holds all the lake ice back in Lake Erie to protect the water intakes on the
Niagara River. This keeps our temps down till they release it and this is determined by the
square miles of ice left in the lake. Usually about 250.
A little info on the ice boom.
http://www.buffalonews.com/city/communities/west-side/article390070.ece
An article and picture from the space station of lake erie, the niagara river including niagara falls and the
lower gorge emptying into lake ontario. On the left you can see the ice backed up in lake erie.
http://spaceflight.nasa.gov/gallery/images/station/crew-14/html/iss014e17999.html

Gas Man
01-31-2012, 08:14 PM
I know... I swear if it wasn't for the salt.... I wouldn't even have to winterize the bike.

Kosher
01-31-2012, 10:18 PM
Neighbor got a few miles in, says it was dry. Probably so, but lots of salt dust for sure.

I had to hop a plane to DC, but doesnt matter because ABC still has my bike. Looking good to get it back late this week.

Lined up well for a February ride - The Road To 12!

Gas Man
01-31-2012, 11:21 PM
The salt is my big thing. I just don't want that all over my bike.

Lrider
02-01-2012, 12:19 AM
The salt is my big thing. I just don't want that all over my bike.

Yeah me neither, It's going to take a couple gully washers to clean the streets around here. Oh well it'll be here soon enough.

toby
02-01-2012, 06:26 AM
yea nice day

Trainguy
02-01-2012, 08:10 AM
58 hear in Holland. Set a record for Jan. 31:rockwoot:

meinschaft
02-01-2012, 10:43 AM
I have the fortune/misfortune to be gainfully employed and had to enjoy yesterday's weather during brief smoke breaks. The thought of getting out was tempting, but for me, there's still too much salt and snow melt, mud and muck. I've kept a log for the last 9 riding seasons, recording my first/last rides of the season. Average date for Ride #1 has been about March 15, last ride near the end of November. Since it is now officially FEBRUARY (YAY!!!!) I figure I can wait the 6 weeks. In the meantime, I've been scouring the online retailers and ebaY to see what new bits o' bling I can blow $$$$ on. I do have the 'itch' though, and it's getting worse.

Dagnabit
02-01-2012, 11:29 PM
I was sorely tempted to break mine out yesterday and today. I did come close though, I took the battery off the trickle charger and fired her up, put a coat of wax on her, but the water puddles and salt in the road changed my mind. I dont feel like trying to wash her up in the next few days if the temps break to the downside again. Im hoping i can bring her out of the garage and on the road next month, weather willing.

Gas Man
02-01-2012, 11:49 PM
I'm about to tear into mine but otherwise we just need a good rain to rinse off those roads.