PDA

View Full Version : How's your Dealer been treating you?

Moesride
01-30-2012, 12:40 PM
Kudos to Biker Bobs Harley Davivson!

Bro. in law (Greg) bought a bike from them a week or so ago and we wen't to finalize the paperwork last fri. with a Sat. delivery.....Well when he was all said and done with all his finance paperwork he ended up buying over 4k in extended warranties and pre-paid service maintenance on top of his bike loan :hss:.

I had no idea of this until he called me a couple hours later. His exact words were " Dude, I fucked up" IMO, yes he did.

Long story short, he called Biker Bobs the very next morning to explain to them he changed his mind on the warranties/maintenence.

They were a little hesitant at first but by the end of the day they DID take all the extras Greg created off! They had to cancel the original deal and start over from scratch. ( Bike Only with original factory warranty)

The bike is being delivered Wed. afternoon.
Greg screwed up and Biker Bobs made it right!! :dthumb: Anyone else have good or not so good experiences with there dealer?

Gas Man
01-30-2012, 12:58 PM
That is my dealer and I love em. They have always done me right and I suggest them all the time.

I have been trying to get them to take us on as their official forum instead of that other thing they have in their emails.

toby
01-30-2012, 01:16 PM
i been there before nice place thats were i pick up my old sporty am working on ,might take my roadking there later on this june and sell it not sure yet

sprink
01-30-2012, 02:35 PM
I look at it a little differently. I see it as Biker Bob hard sold your newbie bro-in-law. I flat explained I didn't want all that or Harley financing (at credit card rates!) and the salesman worked it up with it all in there. I was pissed. He explained that they "have to". Manager came out and continued to push the financing, so......I went out and bought it elsewhere with a 4% loan from my credit union.

Moesride
01-30-2012, 03:09 PM
I look at it a little differently. I see it as Biker Bob hard sold your newbie bro-in-law. I flat explained I didn't want all that or Harley financing (at credit card rates!) and the salesman worked it up with it all in there. I was pissed. He explained that they "have to". Manager came out and continued to push the financing, so......I went out and bought it elsewhere with a 4% loan from my credit union. You have a valid point Sprink and I agree with you for the most part. Yah... they did push hard on all they could add to the deal and yes they do try to sell you everything and anything to make more money, sometimes to the point of pissing people off, but hey, it's not a hobby for them right. Their objective is to sell you all they can.

BUT... you can't walk in there or any dealer for that matter with your eyes closed. The end result is up to you on what you want and are willing to spend. This is where Greg dropped the ball. You just need to turn a deaf ear to all the extra B.S. His plans were to also go through his credit union but Harley Financing gave him a rate of 4.9%. I think for Harley , thats Damn good.

Kosher
01-30-2012, 04:24 PM
I go to ABC, they are pretty decent guys, but I've bought (and sold) 3 bikes from them over the last 3 years (dont ask, the first one was painful and definitely my fault).

They put up with me, I'm a pretty impatient person, and I ask a lot of questions, but then its their job and they get a lot of my money so I dont feel bad. My guess is they'd probably want a lot more high maint customers like me. But generally good folks.

Thruxtonbill
01-30-2012, 04:47 PM
If your Bro in-law never took delivery of the bike then BBs had no choice, it aint yours tell you ride it, drive it, trailer it off the lot. If you sign the paperwork off the dealership property you also have a 72 hour rescission.
IF YOU HAVE GOOD CREDIT, NEVER finance at the dealer, credit unions have the best rates.

Thruxtonbill
01-30-2012, 05:03 PM
I was a used car mgr for 6 years and I'll say this at the risk of offending people. Dealerships are a business if you think they're great then they've done their job, truth is they will charge you as much as they can get away with, everytime, that's their job. If you don't know how to read a sales contract then bring someone with you who can. If you do insist on dealer financing then I hope you're good at math. When getting your financing elsewhere know how to determine the OTD price. I always laugh when people say ''I love them, they're great, I'd recommend them to anyone". Don't put yourself out there like that, salesman work on commision. Even if your salesman went to grade school and lived next door to you, he's gonna try and make some money. I've heard this phrase uttered a thousand times "If I dont get him somebody else will".

Moesride
01-30-2012, 05:11 PM
If your Bro in-law never took delivery of the bike then BBs had no choice, it aint yours tell you ride it, drive it, trailer it off the lot. If you sign the paperwork off the dealership property you also have a 72 hour rescission.
IF YOU HAVE GOOD CREDIT, NEVER finance at the dealer, credit unions have the best rates. I didn't know that Thrux. So basically they had to axe it?!! Took a whole day of talking for him to get the extras taken off......so if in fact this is true, it sure changes things a bit in my mind. Huh....

Thruxtonbill
01-30-2012, 05:29 PM
Well I can kinda guess how your day went. If there were 4K in add ons that was a nice check for the finance mgr (around 1K). So yeah they didn't want to give that up. In the end I'm sure they looked like nice guys:rolleyes:

fatmanracing
01-30-2012, 05:34 PM
Bottom line is they fixed it and made the customer happy, thats what really matters, isn't it? I think we all get caught up in a sale of something we dream about buying when we get that chance, sometimes our decisions are not real clear on the "extras"....

sprink
01-30-2012, 07:34 PM
[QUOTE=Moesride;29165................... but Harley Financing gave him a rate of 4.9%. I think for Harley , thats Damn good.[/QUOTE]

That is damn good. New bike I think I could have got 3% at CU, used was 4%. Bob was offering 16 or 18% for the used bike I was looking at.

I understand the way business works and all the up-selling, but when I explain in plain English that I don't want it and that is how my sale is written up, we have a problem.

Car dealers are the same. I suppose my bitterness comes from my first new car (truck) purchase in '89. I was shopping pickups and got a lot of poor treatment because I was young and driving a shitty car. I had a good job but salesmen just brushed me off because I wanted a pickup with cloth seats and rubber floor, not a 20K commuter truck. A dealer on the other side of town sent me an ad in the mail. I called and asked about the selection and told saleswoman what I was looking for and that I'd be upset if I drove over and found nothing I liked. She assured me they had lots of trucks, including the stripped version I was looking for.

I drove over and looked around. Test drove a couple trucks and told her I wanted one like they had, but in black. She searched around and found my truck. I did paperwork and was given a date to come pick it up. She offered me and I declined all the extra warranty, life, and unemployment insurance BS.

When I arrived to pick up the truck the final sale documents had the warranty every extra insurance policy you could buy added in. The total and payments were inflated so much no one could not notice. I did not sign and told the saleswoman I was upset we were through. She said she doesn't write them and hold on. Finance lady comes over and tries the hard sell again. Not biting. She then tells me it's too late to rewrite and I'd have to come back. Saleswoman begs me to come back inside after following me out. Wow look, new sales paperwork in 5 minutes. Sold.

The dealer sent me a postcard asking about my "experience". I called and asked for Mr NameIsOnTheSign. He picked up and I told him about my "experience". Finance lady got fired.

Yes, I am a bitter old man. Get off my lawn.

Gas Man
01-30-2012, 10:28 PM
Yeah bottom line is every vehicle purchase now a days is like that. The salesman tells you how great their product is, but then the finance manager sells you all these added warranties. Talking out both sides of their mouths.

Hawgrider
01-31-2012, 07:40 AM
I go to ABC, they are pretty decent guys, but I've bought (and sold) 3 bikes from them over the last 3 years (dont ask, the first one was painful and definitely my fault).

They put up with me, I'm a pretty impatient person, and I ask a lot of questions, but then its their job and they get a lot of my money so I dont feel bad. My guess is they'd probably want a lot more high maint customers like me. But generally good folks.Good folks yes....sorta. Typical stealer though. They wont sell at MSRP the salesmen work on commission. Which means if you were to buy an Ultra from them you will spend about $3000.00 more at ABC than you will if you take a drive to Tecumseh Mi And purchase from Tecumseh Harley Davidson. They sell at MSRP without all the bull! You can still have your service done at ABC but I wont buy a bike from them. I even offered to let them match Tecumseh's price but they didnt want anything to do with losing there commission. So eff em!

toby
01-31-2012, 09:19 AM
i havent been to abc in a long time might have to check it out

Gas Man
01-31-2012, 02:27 PM
I will say this... WITHIN REASON

There is something to be said about buying your item from the same place you will have it serviced. They will tend to go more out of their way to help you. That's just the way it is...

Nobody
01-31-2012, 03:23 PM
I don't have this problem since I'm allergic to financing. And I buy used. Aye it's a gamble, but if you're comfortable flipping wrenches and know what to look out for it's not much risk.

Thruxtonbill
01-31-2012, 06:44 PM
The dealer sent me a postcard asking about my "experience". I called and asked for Mr NameIsOnTheSign. He picked up and I told him about my "experience". Finance lady got fired.

So let me get this straight, you called the owner and he was so upset at the mistreatment you suffered, the he fired his finance mgr?

sprink
01-31-2012, 07:42 PM
So let me get this straight, you called the owner and he was so upset at the mistreatment you suffered, the he fired his finance mgr?

I would guess I was not the only one that complained.

junkyardjon
02-04-2012, 08:46 AM
last time i was at a HD dealer, they didn't like me very much. maybe it was the fact i showed them what part i needed on a bike sitting on the show room floor after they couldn't figure it out on the computer. it was killing them to walk a few feet and bend down.

Gas Man
02-04-2012, 09:31 AM
Wow. What dealer was that?