PDA

View Full Version : I'm really digging this custom cross bones bike...

fatmanracing
01-28-2012, 07:23 PM
http://www.bikerbobshd.com/new_vehicle_detail.asp?sid=02948267X1K28K2012J6I04 I49JPMQ5650R0&veh=92561&pov=2494856

I think I will perhaps see if they would buy my bike on trade =)
Its a long shot but worth a try.

Moesride
01-28-2012, 07:57 PM
Fat....that's a Bad ass bike all around man. I was at Biker Bobs last night and sat on that bike. It was sitting in their warehouse. I tell yah, if it wasn't a solo seater my bro.in law would have snatched that bike up, no kidding. We fired it up ..and WOW! We both had a shit eatin grin on us. Sounds awesome and looks even better. Go check it out, you won't be disappointed.

fatmanracing
01-28-2012, 08:03 PM
I sent them a quote request, need to talk money before I get too far into the dream... I owe quite a bit still on my bike, but very low miles since it was in the shop for quite a long time last season.

Moesride
01-28-2012, 08:23 PM
I hear yah on the money part. Pictures don't do the bike justice at all. More than likely your gonna end up going there and talking to them in person. It seems to be their MO. Best way to go about it anyway. Hope you can make it happen. :dthumb:

Gas Man
01-28-2012, 08:24 PM
Thy will take anyone with a vin on trade in.

fatmanracing
01-28-2012, 09:16 PM
No kidding eh? Well I'll have to see what they say, thanks for the encouraging words fellas. I really bought the wrong bike, way too much bike for what I need to really enjoy riding...

Thruxtonbill
01-28-2012, 09:48 PM
The King aint for everyone. Good luck.

fatmanracing
01-29-2012, 07:10 PM
It's not that I don't love my bike, I do, I really love it, and the way it looks. I just don't feel like its "the one"....
I dreamt a long long time about having an HD, somehow, even if it takes a bit, I'll get there.

Gas Man
01-29-2012, 10:51 PM
I hear ya man. I have been through many bikes I've loved. My ultra is "the bike".

fatmanracing
02-03-2012, 05:28 PM
So far things are going well, I got the Vin from the HD, insurance is cheaper by a bit. My credit union has decent rates, I just have to probably go down there and get down to $ talk. And I need to send them more pics of my bike I guess for trade in value which I will do this weekend.

Gas Man
02-03-2012, 10:49 PM
Cool let us know how it goes. And good luck.

toby
02-04-2012, 09:34 AM
i was looking at that bike to

Bagger Dave
02-04-2012, 09:54 AM
Nice scoot!:dthumb:

fatmanracing
02-07-2012, 05:48 PM
I should have trade in numbers from the dealership friday, hopefully its not dismal numbers =)
If I think I can swing the deal I'll be going there to look at the bike tuesday night.

Moesride
02-07-2012, 06:59 PM
I should have trade in numbers from the dealership friday, hopefully its not dismal numbers =)
If I think I can swing the deal I'll be going there to look at the bike tuesday night. Hope you can make this happen for ya Fat. Loved this bike from the minute I saw it and what a nice deep rumble those pipes have. Keep us posted...

Gas Man
02-07-2012, 09:53 PM
Awesome Rich, keep us up to date. Good luck!!! But remember it's a negotiation.

RedneckMedic
02-09-2012, 10:25 PM
yep good luck let us know what happens

Gas Man
02-10-2012, 11:30 PM
Am I the only not involved guy here that is anxoius?

fatmanracing
02-11-2012, 10:12 PM
Heh, I did talk to him friday, I didn't like what he had to say on trade in, but I will probably go there anyhow and see what kind of deal I can swing...

Gas Man
02-11-2012, 10:21 PM
Remember there are always other ways to get your money. They may not be able to give you as much as you want on trade, but get them to come up a bit and make it up some where else.

Moesride
02-12-2012, 08:24 AM
Remember there are always other ways to get your money. They may not be able to give you as much as you want on trade, but get them to come up a bit and make it up some where else. Go in the dealership ,face to face Rich. Start talking numbers. Bottom line is that they are there to make money so you are more than likely not gonna get what you want. Get close to a FAIR trade-in and a reasonabley fair price on the new bike and take the plung if you can swing it. You only live once right!

Gas Man
02-12-2012, 08:38 AM
Moes right. Do what you can afford and will make you happy.

When it comes to financing, my wife's credit union might be able to finance you. They finance bikes the same as cars so usually their interest rate is lower than most.

fatmanracing
02-12-2012, 11:07 AM
Thanks Moe, Gas, yea I know, I have an appt with them wednesday.
I'll probably try to use my credit union if the dealer doesnt offer me a good rate, as I already have my auto loan through my credit union.

I'll let you know how it goes, I'm not holding my breath, but as long as I can keep my payment where I am comfortable, it might just work out.

Gas Man
02-12-2012, 12:24 PM
Standing by...

GP-FLHR
02-13-2012, 03:03 PM
Good luck, I hope you get the bike you really want. Ive been on lots of bikes Yamaha, Kawasaki, and Victory's all great bikes, but at least for me, there is nothing like a Harley.

fatmanracing
02-13-2012, 07:31 PM
Yea, I always wanted one, just had some dealer issues and went elsewhere, I guess a mistake in hindsight, should have found a better dealer.
I have Wednesday off so I'm planning on heading down a bit earlier in the day to talk $.

fatmanracing
02-15-2012, 03:14 PM
Well, after a great visit to the dealership, we were not able to come together on pricing vs what I owe on my current bike, so no deal, However...

I want to say that Biker Bob's staff are awesome, everyone was friendly, courteous, and dedicated to making sure the spent the time finding out what I wanted and liked in a bike, and showing me countless bikes. Their custom crossbones bike really really is an awesome looking, sounding and feeling bike all around, but it doesnt fit what I really need, and that is a cruiser bike that I can take the GF on when we decide to take a ride...

Also, the lead sales guy Matt Wilcox is a genuine down to earth, straight shooting salesman who really did a great job today showing me the dealership and introducing me to the staff there. His understanding of what level of customer service is necessary to land and keep customers is spot on.

Even though I couldn't make a deal with them today, I will most definitely go back there when I am in a better financial position, and ready to buy a HD.

Moesride
02-15-2012, 07:32 PM
Well...glad to hear the people at the dealership made a good impression on you Rich and also sorry to hear the deal didn't work out. Hey, at least you have a place you like now so when you are ready to buy your bike they'll be first in line to try and get your buisiness. Was I right on the bike? Pretty cool huh.

Gas Man
02-15-2012, 08:53 PM
Yep, I know Matt, he seems like a good guy. The dealership is great, I have never had bad service there. Whether it was bike sales, parts, gear, or service... it's always been top notch.

fatmanracing
02-16-2012, 04:47 PM
They treat you very well there, I will definitely go back, I am thinking next year I will be financially in the right position to make a move.
Just keeping fingers crossed that this year will go well!

Gas Man
02-16-2012, 08:46 PM
Fingers crossed for you man... Glad you liked the dealer.

I suggest you try selling your bike outright. You will fetch more money that way and that may be enough to make the deal.

fatmanracing
02-17-2012, 05:26 PM
I'll think about that too, have not really tried to sell it outright....
but. bottom line is I'll be riding it more this year... :rockwoot:

Gas Man
02-17-2012, 10:02 PM
Yep... remember to get on it, next month or so. As soon as the weather starts to break.

Caveman
02-20-2012, 02:35 AM
Yep... remember to get on it, next month or so. As soon as the weather starts to break.

^^THIS^^

I totally agree with Gas on this one. Put that B-King up on craigslist and you will definatly get some offers that you will like better than what the dealer was gonna offer ya. In fact, if you talk with the CU you may be able to take whatever balance you don't get from the sale and roll it in with the new HD. Like Gas said earlier, its always a negotiation. Keep in contact with the CU and the dealership and you will get that dream and make it a reality.
I know when I bought my Ultra I was totally geeked and I bought it from ebay practically sight unseen. Then I rode out to Wisconsin on the train and brought that bitch back in early April, BRRRRR that was a chilly ride as I was gettin home around 1 a.m. I was frozen, had to spend about 30 minutes in the shower just to get blood flow back to my fingers and toes.

Gas Man
02-20-2012, 08:55 AM
LOL I remember that shit you cracker!! :rofl: