PDA

View Full Version : It's a R.A.P. ---- Riders Assistance Program

Gas Man
01-26-2012, 06:13 PM
This idea has been done on the Big Dog site and the BMW Owners group has a HUGE book of people. I don't know where it will go but I figure in a smaller, tight knit group like TWM is, we should be able to get this together.

Here's what I'm thinking...

A phone list would be the best route to go. I think this is how we will start our Rider Assistance Program and we'll refine it as we go.

I want to make this clear that this phone list will be for emergency use only. This is not to be used as a social list to arrange rides or events. I ask you respect everyone's privacy in this manner.

If you want to arrange events, please use the forum for that purpose.

So, here is the info I'd like to start with.

Name
Screen name
City/State
Phone Number
Tools/Services (i.e. garage/trailer/tools/internet/etc...)
We can refine this list as time goes on and as experience teaches us.

I'd also like to see a few members volunteer to be Liaisons that will be available to help members locate help. I'll be a point of contact but my job is so unpredictable. My thought process is to use this option as a point of contact to help get the ball rolling encase someone is in an unfamiliar location and doesn't know who is actually close. It can be a last ditch attempt to get help for a stranded member. And again, this is something we can refine as experience teaches us.

I'd prefer if those of you volunteer to help email me (http://www.twowheelmichigan.com/sendmessage.php?do=mailmember&u=21)your info and I'll work up a list as a word document and/or a PDF file.

My main concern about posting this on the forum is privacy; that's why I want everybody to just email me (http://www.twowheelmichigan.com/sendmessage.php?do=mailmember&u=21)through the forum for information gathering.

Once the file is assembled I can update as more join in.

We will need to figure out who gets the file. My first thought is, you have to be in the list in order to get the list. But I think that is open for debate.

Further, I may create a seperate hidden forum section for those that are in R.A.P. to discuss how they want to continue it.

Thoughts?
Input?

Remo
01-26-2012, 06:26 PM
This would be for assistance in case of breakdowns or something of that nature? :dthumb:

Gas Man
01-26-2012, 10:53 PM
Yeah exactly. Nothing more.

Mad Dog
01-27-2012, 04:40 PM
Can I spam everyone?

RedneckMedic
01-27-2012, 06:23 PM
Im in let me know when you want to info and ill pm you

Moesride
01-27-2012, 09:06 PM
Im in let me know when you want to info and ill pm you Same here Chris.

Gas Man
01-27-2012, 11:45 PM
click the EMAIL ME above and give the info I posted above

Gas Man
01-28-2012, 11:34 AM
Be sure gents to also include what you do for assistance.

Gas Man
02-04-2012, 10:45 PM
I'm really surprised I haven't got more participation with this.... :poop:

sprink
02-05-2012, 11:04 AM
Lists like this are a great idea. If someone is far away from home, even a little help could save hours and $$$.

Gas Man
02-05-2012, 11:35 AM
Lists like this are a great idea. If someone is far away from home, even a little help could save hours and $$$.

Exactly! And each person level of participation is up to that person. If you can offer nothing but local directions and advice, that is fine. If you can offer a pick up or a place to crash if the rider is down for the night.. cool! If you offer pickup, but can't do it when the rider calls, hey help whatever way you can.

This is NOT a list for you to plan a crash at "Joe's house" cause he offered it on the list. This is EMERGENCY only. Your bike is broke, you crashed, etc...

fatmanracing
02-05-2012, 12:34 PM
PM sent =)

Gas Man
04-18-2012, 10:08 AM
Any other peeps desire to get this going?

Perhaps it will take a few rides to fuel it...

Caveman
04-19-2012, 05:18 AM
I will throw my name into the pot Chris. I have actually been there and needed that assistance, not for a breakdown or wreck mind you. You remember my trip to Chi town....lol

Of course I don't think that I actually have to PM you with my info you have it all and know what I can offer. I live close to you so I offer your lift and tools on my behalf......:lmao:

I can even offer the Futon in the basement as well, at least once the basement is done. :skep:

I have a ramp and a pickup so that will work too and I can get my hands on a trailer for those really big bikes.

Gas Man
04-19-2012, 09:59 AM
Yeah Cave... I got your number... LOL