PDA

View Full Version : New 2012 Street Bob

Moesride
01-17-2012, 10:31 PM
Well,finally going in to the stealership this thursday ( Biker Bobs HD) with my Brother in law. He's gonna pull the trigger on a new FXDB.
Gonna have some work to do to it to get it the way he wants. He's lookin at blacking the bike out. Hes going with a Flat ( Denim) black. So .....on my lift it goes. Removing all the chrome and having it powdercoated with a new set of radius ceramic pipes.
I've searched for a few coaters you guys have used and I'm thinking eithers Jeffs powdercoating in Monroe or QC coatings in utica.
It looks as if you guys have been happy with both of them. My brother in law is a new rider so this is his first bike so hes's looking for some help from me. I want for him to have a good experience with whomever does the work for him.
Any other suggestions or experiences? Thanks Fellas

Gas Man
01-18-2012, 09:15 PM
I will say Jeff's powder is awesome and is holding up well on my bike. If you go that way, text me when, maybe I'll tag along, I haven't seen his new shop.

Ceramic pipes? Ordering them ceramic from the manufacture? Be weary.. it doesn't seem like the ceramic holds up well on these hot breather machines.

Moesride
01-18-2012, 11:10 PM
Jeffs sounds like a winner. Closer to me as well. I'll let you know when we head down there so if you wanna go we can swing by and snatch you up. As far as the pipes go, I just assumed that they where ceramic. Really never looked into it. Where gonna get them right from the manufacturer. So what do you think is the best way to go on these pipes Chris?

Gas Man
01-19-2012, 02:43 PM
Well it depends. I have yet to see any ceramic hold up to shit. If you don't get them that way I would probably just do high temp powder.

Thruxtonbill
01-19-2012, 03:48 PM
My ceramic has held up so well on my Triumph, Curt at Creative Concepts did mine as well as my powdercoating. He did tell me the ceramic will only be as good as the chrome underneath it, IDK.

Gas Man
01-19-2012, 09:30 PM
Yeah and mine was unfinished pipes with lots of miles!!

Moesride
01-19-2012, 10:39 PM
Thanks for the info Fellas. Gonna do a little more research on them when the time comes.

We went into Biker Bobs today around 5:30 and left well after they closed. My brother in law did end up buying his bike.
He went with the Denim Black ( which they didn't have) so come to find out they had ordered one a couple days ago for there inventory so his bike will be here in about a week or two. :dthumb:

Here's a couple crappy pics of a vivid black they had there.
Man is he Happy!
:whoop:

Bagger Dave
01-19-2012, 10:53 PM
cool:cheers: congrats on his new scoot!

Gas Man
01-20-2012, 08:52 AM
Sweet deal man!!

Now why isn't he on the forum? :D

Moesride
01-20-2012, 11:50 AM
Yeah, he's really diggin it Dave. He called me three times this morning about ordering some parts he want's to change. The bikes not even being delivered to his house, it's coming to mine so.... my bikes off the lift for a month or better.

He's a slow starter Chris. He'll be around sooner or later. He's a new rider so.. just getting his feet wet.

Gas Man
01-20-2012, 12:37 PM
When's the bike being delievered?

He started out well for his first bike. Nice job!!

Moesride
01-20-2012, 12:55 PM
They told him the bike would be there within 5-9 days. Then a delivery??

I think he made a nice choice on his first ride too.

Gas Man
01-20-2012, 07:12 PM
Biker Bob's will deliever the bike to your house. Free o charge.

Moesride
01-21-2012, 01:16 PM
Right on with the Free delivery. They also gave me a Hundred referral and when the deal was sealed they gave my bro. in law a hundred kickback. I'm givin him mine so... a couple hundy will get him a helmet.

Gas Man
01-21-2012, 06:16 PM
You're a good man Moe... regardless what the boys say about ya!!

Moesride
01-21-2012, 11:28 PM
You're a good man Moe... regardless what the boys say about ya!! Damn! ..... Rough Crowd! :lol:

Gas Man
01-22-2012, 12:53 AM
:rofl: :lmao:

fatmanracing
01-22-2012, 11:25 AM
I'll be looking forward to the pics of the blacked out street bob, I like the Fat Bob a lot... kinda wish I would have bought one of them.

Moesride
01-22-2012, 12:02 PM
Fat Bobs a nice bike Fat. I'll post some before and after pics of his Street Bob as soon as we get started.

Gas Man
01-22-2012, 12:44 PM
Rich if you got a Fat Bob we could change your screen name to reflect it. FatBobCruising with Rich riding. :lol:

fatmanracing
01-22-2012, 12:45 PM
Yea, maybe someday =)
Stuck with this bike for a while, til I get it paid off lol.

Gas Man
01-22-2012, 01:23 PM
You'd be surprised sometimes, should just check on trade in at a few dealerships.

fatmanracing
01-22-2012, 01:35 PM
Maybe if I could find a good dealer I would, any suggestions?

Gas Man
01-22-2012, 01:54 PM
Really any and all of them have good & bad stories. I'm partial to biker bobs... What's the closest one to you?

Moesride
01-28-2012, 03:07 AM
Well ..my Bro.in laws bike came in today so we headed to Biker Bobs late this afternoon. Once again, we left well after they closed. They are delivering it to my place tomorrow afternoon and I'm thinking sometime next week the fun starts with blacking the bike out. :whoop: Here's a pic of him and his new ride.

fatmanracing
01-28-2012, 11:25 AM
Really any and all of them have good & bad stories. I'm partial to biker bobs... What's the closest one to you?

I had not heard of biker bobs... The closet I think is Wolverine HD... I have not been real happy with their sales staff, but I have not been in there since I was there last to look at HDs, that day I went elsewhere after poor service and bought a bike.

fatmanracing
01-28-2012, 11:25 AM
Well ..my Bro.in laws bike came in today so we headed to Biker Bobs late this afternoon. Once again, we left well after they closed. They are delivering it to my place tomorrow afternoon and I'm thinking sometime next week the fun starts with blacking the bike out. :whoop: Here's a pic of him and his new ride.

Thats a damn good looking bike!

Gas Man
01-28-2012, 12:25 PM

I was there yesterday and was talking about your deal. I was talking to Chris, but I didn't know who you were dealing with. Who was your salesman?

I had not heard of biker bobs... The closet I think is Wolverine HD... I have not been real happy with their sales staff, but I have not been in there since I was there last to look at HDs, that day I went elsewhere after poor service and bought a bike.

I like BBs. If you want to go down there... see Chris and tell them I sent you (Chris Clark). We can both get money back from the deal.
www.bikerbobshd.com

fatmanracing
01-28-2012, 01:49 PM
I'll have to plan a drive down there and check them out, if they are a good dealership it will be worth the drive...

Moesride
01-28-2012, 01:59 PM
Chris,our sales guy was named Matt ( forgot his last name, talks with a hoarse voice)... but we had a Chris Williams do his financing.

Moesride
01-28-2012, 02:03 PM
Thats a damn good looking bike! Yah,I think so to Fat.... He picked a hell of a nice ride.

Gas Man
01-28-2012, 06:16 PM
Yeah I know Matt he seems cool. I've dealt with Chris a few times after my salesman left the state.

Typically I deal more with the managers cause I knew them when they weren't managers. So we go "back" more.

Dagnabit
02-01-2012, 09:28 PM
Chris,our sales guy was named Matt ( forgot his last name, talks with a hoarse voice)... but we had a Chris Williams do his financing.

If you dont mind me asking, what kind of deal did your brother in law manage out of them. I was thinking of trading up from my sportster, (and biker bobs is ten minutes from me), but if i cant find the pricing im looking for i may consider taking a ride down to toledo HD to look at a used one. The few times ive been in biker bobs, ive been treated well, but his used prices are damn close to the msrp on a new bike, so ive been a bit leery about actually sitting down and pricing something out.

Moesride
02-02-2012, 01:45 AM
Yah, I'd have to agree with you Dagnabit. Alot of the used bikes on there floor aren't that much less than new.If your looking for a used bike I would check out monroepowersports. I think they might be the biggest used bike dealer in the area. Prices are preety reasonable and they carry all makes and models. They seem to bend on priceing a bit more than other places Iv'e been too.My bro-in-law paid msrp on his Street Bob 13k. plus tax ,title and all the rest of the bs. So....no deals really. But he"s happy with it. We compared priceing at Motorcity Harley Davidson and Biker Bobs ,they where the same at msrp. As my bro-in law likes to say.......Cool ain't cheep right! :werd:

RedneckMedic
02-02-2012, 01:56 AM
Town and country power sports at the corner of 12 and 127 used to have some good deals posted when I would stop in as my half way point for the jackson loop I like to make. Although I never at down and figured out the details I figured since they had most major powersports brands from harley to honda that might be the reason for it or if it its like the scam rosenau and bright like to pull

Dagnabit
02-03-2012, 06:29 PM
My buddy bought his fatboy at monroe powersports, he got a decent deal on it but the mileage was a bit higher than i like. I noticed a lot of his used stuff tends to be a bit on the higher side mileage wise. New is probably out of my price range this year, so ill kick the tires around on some used ones when the weather warms up. If i dont find anything i like, ill just drive the sportster another year.

Gas Man
02-03-2012, 11:56 PM
Probably best to patrol CL.

Moesride
02-04-2012, 06:36 PM
Bro-in-law picked up a TIP (temporary istructional permit) from the SOS office last week. Since he doesn"t have a cycle endorsement the TIP allows him to ride his bike accompanied by a licensed rider being with him. Permits good for 180 days. He's enrolling/enrolled in the march 25th three day cycle class at schoolcraft college but he didn't wanna wait that long. We figured we would go up the road to a couple empty parking lots so he can get a feel for his bike......if this weather holds out.

Heres a couple pics taken today of his bike in the garage. My bike came off the lift today.....couldn't help not going for a ride, 45 degress :dthumb: Gonna take them both out tomorrow.

Gas Man
02-04-2012, 07:19 PM
Nice bike!!!

And on the permit he can't ride at night or have a passenger on the back.

Moesride
05-30-2012, 10:20 AM
Finally put my BILaws bike on the lift last sunday.....installed V&H 2-1 Radius pipes, put in a fulpak, new air intake,derby cover and he wanted to put in some obnoxiously loud ass trumpets for a horn. Oh..and also a new pillion pad for his girl. He's lovin it. Few pics....last one is of both our rides in Bellville at Johnnys grill on Memorial day.

Gas Man
05-30-2012, 03:57 PM
Good deal. Those look like rivco horns...

Kosher
05-30-2012, 04:38 PM
Sweet pipes, I bet it roars.

Moesride
05-30-2012, 08:23 PM
They are Rivco Gman....sounds like a train! The pipes sound awesome Kosher. They have a real Deep roar to them....I like the sound of these pipes much better than my 2-2

Gas Man
05-31-2012, 02:28 AM
I would like to hear them in person. Online videos don't sound good or should I say deep enough. They sound a bunch like my wolo bad boy horn I've used in the past on cars.